• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prey to the Gods: The Predator vs Corrupted Shinnok (7-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
It's time to find out if the Gameplay matches the In-Canon Power Scaling. I'm not sure if I can restrict Shinnok's Amulet for the Predator since he only gets it after his tower ends but if not then so be it. The fight takes place next to the Jinsei like in MKX and both sides only have whatever canonical knowledge of each other they would reasonably have, though this matchup is inherently assuming the Predator already beat up Base Shinnok like in the gameplay before he transformed.

Predator : 7

Shinnok :

Incon :

Last edited:
Predator's amulet can't be restricted, it's standard equipment and an integral part of his story.
To be speaking of canon knowledge, Shinnok should reasonably have none (since this is canon Shinnok), while the Predator might at least know he's the dude he had killed some time prior but in a different form.

That said, I believe it's difficult if not impossible to quite compare their strength, as both scale unquantifiably higher than the base High 8-C (even though they already scale above it).
Predator has seemingly harnessed more power from the amulet than Shinnok himself could, as he had already beaten the shit out of him despite him already having his amulet in that instance. Moreso, the Predator was said to having become unstoppable across the realms and, barring the One Being which was incapacitated, the higher authority at the time were the Elder Gods (since titans weren't a thing yet), and it might be reasonable to say he scales equally or above them, although that is admittedly speculation.

Corrupted Shinnok has likewise harnessed the power of the Jinsei, becoming incredibly stronger but still to an unknown degree. And after doing that, he straight up puts himself above the Elder Gods, which he knows quite well.

Keeping in mind that a direct comparison is impossible, and going solely but the little pieces of evidences and the sake of the match, I might conclude saying they should be around the same ballpark.

That said, the Predator was already a better fighter than Shinnok before and wasn't much bothered by his powers. Corrupted Shinnok really just gets a stat boost and a few abilities, which in my opinion aren't really much of a game changer. Shinnok's tummy beam could be somewhat countered by the Predator's uber plasmacasterhameha, while lava and rocks are pretty much minor boosts. Heck, Cassie spanked him the moment she evened the stat ground.
Both have the same amulet and channel it's power through their own body, so such abilities are either equaled or cancel each other out. One might go as far as saying the Predator has even more proficiency than Shinnok in using his own amulet, going by the aforementioned evidences. And honestly, as the Predator knows what the amulet is and seeing how it is well exposed in place of his belly button, he might go ahead and yank it out as seen in gameplay.

All that said, I'm confident in saying that the Predator goes back home with a new fancy skull for his collection and a second Amulet that makes him even more op.

Last edited:
I added this to the Predator's Profile but I think Shinnok's is locked because I can't add it to his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back