• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Only Thing They Fear Is... You - DOOM Revisions (Part 1)

ShionAH

He/Him
First of all I want to say this wouldn't b possible without @Gewsbumpz_dude, huge thanks to him.

I got help from his profile and blog

Doom Essence

Essence Explanation

Davoth and God Tiers will also get Essence Hax and Resistance

Cosmology Upgrade

5D

This is straight up 5D, it literally cannot be 4D because Humans who can travel through 4D cannot reach it
5D - 6D
Low 1-A (?)

Users
Agree: 10 (@Roirr, @StrymULTRA, @BestMGQScalerEver, @Spicy78, @Da3ggman[Neutral on Low 1-A], @Eseseso [Neutral on Low 1-A], @Georredannea15 [On Essence], @Kenny Mccormick 0v0 [Neutral on Low 1-A], @Minos_the_Judge, @HigashikataJobin [possibly Low 1-A])
Disagree: 1 (@Vietthai96)
Neutral: 1 (@Accelerated_Evolution)

Staff
Agree: 2 (@DarkDragonMedeus [Neutral on Low 1-A], @Firestorm808)
Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I agree with low 1-A hell (in its entirety so only like samur/slayer/davoth scales). Statement seems pretty direct in reference to superiority over space and time/dimensions.

Soul Manipulation (Can physically interact with evil spirits and things of a similar nature like Spiritual Armor and Soul Spheres. Comparable to his great grandfather, William J. Blazkowicz, who is able to damage and obliterate souls. Comparable to his great grandfather, William J. Blazkowicz, who is able to damage and obliterate souls)
From this Q&A this power seems to be NPI only, unless the weapon the character is using is described as being made to destroy souls and things like that.

LET'S GOOOOOOOO, this is like seeing an introvert friend finally getting a girlfriend

agreed with the crt so far (neutral on low 1-a though), but i have an objection:

his bfr is labeled as low 1-c. shouldn't it be 1-c as the void is beyond DOOM's cosmology, which would put it beyond 5 dimensions (which is now labeled as 1-c)?

his bfr is labeled as low 1-c. shouldn't it be 1-c as the void is beyond DOOM's cosmology, which would put it beyond 5 dimensions (which is now labeled as 1-c)?
Oops I forgot to change that to "filler". I will fix all that shit depending if the cosmology stuff passes or not.

By the way DOOM is only 2-A for now, the Void is 5D.

doom-slayer.gif

Hell yeah, good job man! Not entirely sold on Low 1-A, but everything else seems to be solid.

(Btw, the scan about Hell being unbound by space, time, and dimensions isn’t working for me. It might be broken?)

I'm pretty skeptical about the "Stabilizing subspaces" being a reason for Low 2-C. As for cosmology upgrades, I am unsure if that meets criteria for Low 1-A. But some ability additions and other proposals for the cosmology updates look alright.

This should be Limited BFR, cause the condition for the ability is the target need to be killed first

Neutral on Low 1-A, personally i don't believe it cause iirc there is a ******* map that describe the Urdak sit on top of the multiverse (Human World) while Hell is at the bottom and apparently they can switch place, but this is @Ultima job to evaluate it

I will go over Conceptual Manipulation later, but i will say first that just because something is fundamental and is called to be essence doesn't mean it somehow being conceptual

Neutral on Low 1-A, personally i don't believe it cause iirc there is a ******* map that describe the Urdak sit on top of the multiverse (Human World) while Hell is at the bottom and apparently they can switch place
Thats done by technology I believe? Its also really vague.
I will go over Conceptual Manipulation later
Someones Will, Suffering would be conceptual I think

It is also fundamentally the counciousness including shit like intelligence and memories as said in the blog

Will look at the new profile with critical eyes.

So first, I am going to point at the elephant in the room.

It unifies the lore/canon of Quake+Commander Keen+Wolfenstein+DOOM, and cross-scales between them.​

I know that Tom Hall in 2018 said that Doom Guy and Commander Keen were planned as descendents of B.J. Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein's protagonist), and that this is mentioned in Wolfenstein RPG (its final boss is the Harbinger of Doom, who is the Cyberdemon, promising to fight the descendent of Wolfenstein protagonist after defeat).

The Wolfenstein 3D Official Hint Manual says that BJ. Blazkowicz's grandson goes by B. Blaze. Commander Keen goes by Billy Blaze.
f9hCP4l.png

However there are three issues:

1- To make Commander Keen fit, we have to believe that humanity before the events of DOOM encountered all sort of aliens, including alien civilizations trying to conquer Earth and destroy the galaxy.​

Mod-creatures-collection.png

This is a native of Mars in Commander Keen:
Garg.png

If Commander Keen is BJ. Blazkowicz's grandson, then his story takes place in the 1990s.
In the DOOM reboot, humans started colonizing Mars in 2095, and DOOM 2016 takes place in 2145.

This is very different from how most people see the timeline of DOOM.

2- DOOM RPG (which Wolfenstein RPG is canon to) claims that the Doom Marine from DOOM 3 is the same as Doomguy.​

"...you reprise the role of the Doom Marine made famous in the groundbreaking id Software titles Doom, Doom II, and Doom 3."

DOOM 3 is in a very weird spot canon-wise. Hugo Martin said that while the aesthetics of DOOM 3 is an inspiration, it is tough to claim it fits into the reboot canon, and that DOOM 3 went into a different direction lore-wise when it comes to the main character.

The wiki considers the Marine from DOOM 3 a different character.

3- The DOOM and Wolfenstein reboots are developed by different studios (though both studios are owned by Bethseda), and there are no recent references to the lineage.​

Wolfenstein RPG is supposed to take place shortly before Return to Castle Wolfenstein, however the Wolfenstein reboot retcons various aspects of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Also, BJ Blazkowitz's son Arthur, who is supposed to be B. Blaze's father, doesn't exist per Wolfenstein: Young Blood.
A secret DOOM II level has four hanged corpses of Commander Keen you have to shoot to progress, and there are dopefish (enemy from Commander Keen) eastereggs in Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. But those are random easter eggs.

Doomguy/Doomslayer is a selectable character in Quake III and Quake Champions, so DOOM is canon to Quake, but I am not aware of a statement making Quake and its multiversal tournament canon to DOOM.
I guess Rage has the Nail Gun from Quake as a DLC weapon, and Rage 2 has the BFG 9000 as a DLC weapon.

This is an important change and should be discussed further.

First two scans are from Quake. The second one is about a death knight, so just Tier 7 would fit?

The third and last scan seems to argue that the Doom Slayer will transform into a parasitic ghost because he holds hatred in his heart.
Don't know about that.
While it is something that can potentially happen, he didn't die yet for this to be actualized. Also, why wouldn't he transform into a regular ghost, like King Novik and loyalist Night Sentinel ghosts?

The scan says: "Apparently when a demon dies, they pick him up, dust him off, wire him some combat gear, and send him back into battle. No rest for the wicked, eh? You wish your missiles did what his can do."

So when demons dies, other demons collect their corpses, patch em' up and hook them with cybernetics, and the previously dead demons are ready for combat again.

The ability suggests that has a special power to negate Eternal Life, Resilient Immortality, and Undeath.
But all he does per the scan is kill a resurrected demon again.

Shouldn't exist.

So basically a demon with regeneration abilities eventually regenerated from crippling injuries, and resurrected other demons.
Doomguy delivered enough damage to kill this demon proprely.

Therefore, he negates Type 3 Immortality?
Doesn't compute.

Lost Souls are spirits that transmogrified into a physical form, and when you shoot them, they explode.
Therefore, Low-Godly Regeneration Negation????
What the...

There are multiple Cyberdemons; is there any evidence that specific Cyberdemon hoof got resurrected?
And how long did the regeneration and resurrection take?

Hugo Martin mentioned that the Crucible immobalizes Titans, so I wouldn't count that as regular death.
Also, we don't see Titans get revived on their own. We have the Crucible getting pulled and they show a bit of movement, and the Khan Maykr sacrificing the Betrayer's son to resurrect the Icon of Sin.

Quake and Wolfenstein RPG scans.

Invulnerability Negation (Can kill Cyberdemons and Tyrants with conventional weaponry and has been doing it for many years, who can normally only be harmed by holy weapons like the Spear of Destiny)

Wolfenstein RPG scans.

Acausality

Does walking in Hell automatically give you Type 1 acausality? Does this include all the Night Sentinel doing incursions?

There are four Commander Keens who appear dead by hanging in that level. So assuming the lineage thing isn't retconned, those would be four Commander Keens from different timelines.

Uses feats describing him post Divinity Machine.
Also uses Quake level up game mechanics?

Uses lots of feats from post Divinity Machine.

Transmutation, Corruption (Can survive in Hell, which can transform souls into Lost Souls, giving them physical forms. Generally resistant by Hell Magic, which once transformed hate into energy. Unaffected by the energy of Screecher Zombies, which can malform the bodies of living things. Immune to the passive effects of Hell, which passively turns mortal creatures into demons)

He already has a body; he is not a body-less soul. So why are Lost Souls relevant here?

The last scan disqualifies the ability. It says that transformation from a mortal to a demon would take eons without Argent Energy (Hell Essence + Wraith Energy from trapped Wraiths in the Well).
Afaik, there is no evidence Argent Energy is used in classic DOOM.

Should say that Lost Souls possess the bodies of those injured and weak-willed, causing their souls to be lost.

Death Manipulation (Doomguy can push past mortal wounds and certain death through sheer willpower)

Scan is talking about physical injuries, not death magic and the like.

Says that gateways are unstable, and those who use them either disappear, or go crazy before eventually exploding.
Seems to be resistance to possession, rather than explosions per se.

Didn't provide evidence Davoth's immortality is anything besides Type 1. So doesn't warrant Type 5.

But are the structures he destroyed in Urdak higher-dimensional?
What about the demons mobs who invaded Urdak, are they higher-dimensional?

Attack Potency: At least Small Building level (Capable of killing demons on this level with his bare fists). Up to Universe level+ with Power-ups, Reactive Evolution, Adaptation, Accelerated Development, Berserk Mode and Rage Power (Easily killed Commander Keen with a single blow, who can endure the combined power of the three plasma crystals which would have been powerful enough to destroy the universe and its space-time, reducing it to shambles. Is able to kill Icon of Sin and Mother Demon) higher with weaponry | Filler, far higher with Power-ups, Reactive Evolution, Adaptation, Accelerated Development, Berserk Mode and Rage Power and Crucible (Wields the Demonic Crucible[1], a weapon said to have the power to corrupt all realms.[1] Scales from durability) | Filler, far higher with Power-ups, Reactive Evolution, Adaptation, Accelerated Development, Berserk Mode and Rage Power and Crucible | Filler (Fought and easily defeated Davoth[1], Doom Slayer is able to make the entire multiverse implode inward upon itself[1]) higher with Sentinel Hammer

Won't discuss the crossover scaling just yet, but a note that the current Commander Keen profile doesn't put him anywhere near universal.

Last edited:
Wait, Higher Dimesional Manipulation as a power got nuked, so remove that, that shit is now Dimensional Manipulation and it have different standard

Someones Will, Suffering would be conceptual I think

It is also fundamentally the counciousness including shit like intelligence and memories as said in the blog
I'm suffering from pain, is that conceptual??, no

Will, well you can argue it is abstract, if we take the word in literal sense, rather than it just refering to someone willpower, endurance. But being abstract doesn't make it conceptual by any mean

Counciousness, intelligence, or memories hardly is something can be considered as abstract, let alone conceptual. Let me do a wild guess, @Gewsbumpz_dude take inspiration from GoW??

Edit: Anyway, i understand the arguments for CM, but well, from my experience with how CM standard being handled on this site, i don't think these arguments going to work, unless peoples being lenient on the verse

This is an important change and should be discussed further.
I was always confused on how the canon would work, so I wont really discuss this but I think @Gewsbumpz_dude can discuss this with you
First two scans are from Quake. The second one is about a death knight, so just Tier 7 would fit?
Quake is in the same multiverse as Doom I think, it doesnt really have anything that goes against it
The third and last scan seems to argue that the Doom Slayer will transform into a parasitic ghost because he holds hatred
Yes, being able to transform into a parasite and a Ghost due to pure hatred would he Type 6.
So when demons dies, other demons collect their corpses, patch em' up and hook them with cybernetics, and the previously dead demons are ready for combat again.
Idea I had was that the scan implies Demons can survive even when they should “die” which seems to be being turned into a skeleton in case of these guys. Yet Doom Guy can permanently kill them without needing to go past the skeleton phase or whatever is needed to kill them, he can do it with his shotgun

Plus you kinda ignored the other scan.
Lost Souls are spirits that transmogrified into a physical form, and when you shoot them, they explode.
Therefore, Low-Godly Regeneration Negation????
Lost Souls are souls that were able to create a physical form for themselves, yet when Doom Guy kills them they permanently die. Souls that can achieve physical forms die when Doom Guy hits them.
There are multiple Cyberdemons; is there any evidence that specific Cyberdemon hoof got resurrected?
And how long did the regeneration and resurrection take?
Thing is, the mother demon can resurrect them after Cyberdemons get hoofed. Yet she couldnt when Doom Guy killed her
Hugo Martin mentioned that the Crucible immobalizes Titans, so I wouldn't count that as regular death.
Also, we don't see Titans get revived on their own. We have the Crucible getting pulled and they show a bit of movement, and the Khan Maykr sacrificing the Betrayer's son to resurrect the Icon of Sin.
This is already accepted on the current profile, so you might need to make a downgrade for it
Does walking in Hell automatically give you Type 1 acausality? Does this include all the Night Sentinel doing incursions?
It is beyond time itself, it is also a supporting feat since Acasuality 4 feat can already be argued for Type 1 like currently on the wikis profile
There are four Commander Keens who appear dead by hanging in that level. So assuming the lineage thing isn't retconned, those would be four Commander Keens from different timelines.

Uses lots of feats from post Divinity Machine.
So? Its Hell.
The last scan disqualifies the ability. It says that transformation from a mortal to a demon would take eons without Argent Energy (Hell Essence + Wraith Energy from trapped Wraiths in the Well).
Afaik, there is no evidence Argent Energy is used in classic DOOM.
No no, there is additional proof where Doom Guy resists soul attacks.
Scan is talking about physical injuries, not death magic and the like.
Being able to survive even when you should be dead could be death hax resistande though
Didn't provide evidence Davoth's immortality is anything besides Type 1. So doesn't warrant Type 5.
Unbound my mortality is textbook Type 5
But are the structures he destroyed in Urdak higher-dimensional?
What about the demons mobs who invaded Urdak, are they higher-dimensional?
Only Higher Dimensional hax. They can affect 5D places.

Last edited:
I'm suffering from pain, is that conceptual??, no
Human suffering would be conceptual. You can touch human suffering??
Anyway, i understand the arguments for CM, but well, from my experience with how CM standard being handled on this site, i don't think these arguments going to work, unless peoples being lenient on the verse
Like you said GoW has something very similar to this, someones will someones suffering someones fundamental counciousness like his intelligence and etc.

I think this is being nit-picky to be honest, especially with how clear CM 1 is

Quake is literally just fighting arena that took the greatest warriors across time and space.

If i'm nitpicky, then i will demand that you namedrop conceptual word
You dont need the word conceptual plastered on your face to know its conceptual. It governs all of reality, can affect space-time and reality, is stated to be the soul and mind of beings, is stated to contain the power, strenght, counciousness, intelligence, will, emotions and is the fundamental essence of all these.

This is not conceptual to you? Fine, I am putting you on disagree chief.

To clarify, God of War's Conceptual Manipulation is that life=soul=Magic and that the soul is someone's concept(shaping their size, shape, colors, luck, mind, fundamental nature), Magic is what makes up the Primordials(who are personifications that create and govern their object through out space and time) and magic itself has implications of being Conceptual.

From what I'm seeing, Doom's essence Manipulation is just as good in terms of qualifying.

You dont need the word conceptual plastered on your face to know its conceptual. It governs all of reality, can affect space-time and reality, is stated to be the soul and mind of beings, is stated to contain the power, strenght, counciousness, intelligence, will, emotions and is the fundamental essence of all these.

This is not conceptual to you? Fine, I am putting you on disagree chief.
But isn't you told me to be nitpicky??

Also
Wait, Higher Dimesional Manipulation as a power got nuked, so remove that, that shit is now Dimensional Manipulation and it have different standard
About this

Back