• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Official Calculation Requests Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the AP be in a storm cloud that covers a 15,000 sq km city with heavy rain and lightning?

Assuming the city was circular in size and the average height of of buildings was 40 meters, with the tallest building being 1500 meters.

Edit: For the record, it is raining in this entire area. So a cloud basically 15,000 sq km in size.

KinkiestSins said:
What would the AP be in a storm cloud that covers a 15,000 sq km city with heavy rain and lightning?
Assuming the city was circular in size and the average height of of buildings was 40 meters, with the tallest building being 1500 meters.

Edit: For the record, it is raining in this entire area. So a cloud basically 15,000 sq km in size.
What is the feat in question? Just the cloud? Forming it? It being focused?

Because the kinetic energy of a cloud could be found, but given its massive volume/area and material, it is very low.

@FanofRpgs It would have been forming it and the energy output, but assaltwaffle did it already. Thank you anyway though man!

Can anyone calculate the feat done by the Colossus in The Hidden Oracle in the series the Trials of Apollo? Don't know how to calculate it myself.

Quote: "The Colossus's next step displaced several tons of salt water and made a crater large enough to swallow a pickup truck."

Can anyone calculate the feat done by the Colossus in The Hidden Oracle in the series the Trials of Apollo? Don't know how to calculate it myself.

Quote: "The Colossus's next step displaced several tons of salt water and made a crater large enough to swallow a pickup truck."

Okay.

I will assume the ground pressure of his steps are 60 kilopascals

Pickup trucks on average are 17 feet, so I will assume that is the minimum volume of the crater

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/geometry-solids/hemisphere.php

I get 1286.22 cubic feet, which times 2,185,301.67 joules

The second idea is using this

http://environment.uwe.ac.uk/geocal/SoilMech/stresses/stresses.htm

Vertical stress of saturated soil is 18 kilonewtons per cubic. That times 1286.22 cubic feet gives me 655,590.5 newtons. Since the crater would be 8.5 feet, I get 1,698,503.87 joules.

So in other words, this feat seems to be around ~2 megajoule level (9-A)

IDK if these methods are right tbh though

@FanofRPGs

Preferably post your calculations in blog posts. Thank you.

Antvasima said:
@FanofRPGs
Preferably post your calculations in blog posts. Thank you.
Okay, sorry. I just felt this calculation was kind of simple. I will most likely now just take up a few requests and make a blog calcing those requests.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Even simple calculations have to be linked to however, and we need to make them into blog posts for that.

It is just a visual effect for the shockwave, and I think that the people are supposed to be normal sized.

I think near-total fatalities can be used for the explosion in the back of the first panel. I will try and calc it.

I have another question,what is the durability that need in order to survive the pressure 10 km under water?

Well it behaves like fire would underwater, as you can see the vapor trails from when he moves. Idk if this is exactly calcable, the best reference I can give you are underwater volcanoes, which are at least 2200 degrees F .

If you have any comments/questions, drop them on my profile as not to derail the purpose of this thread. :^)

No discussion is supposed to be allowed in this thread. Just requests and calculations.

Hello everyone. Myself and a fellow member are currently attempting to get the Tower of God Page up and running again, since it seems like many others have abandoned the potential revisions. Any help with calcuations would be appreciated. The speed feat below would help us start to scale speed for the rest of the series, and would go a long way in terms of revisions.

Khun reacts to a sniper rifle

I'll be posting another link shortly, but, once again, any help with these revision would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@Litentric Teon

The average muzzle velocity of a sniper rifle is 800 m/s. But we have to take the distance into account, and I can't find the distance.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Area of the arena

Another view In this one, he tosses the crown. While we can't see the guy with the sniper rifle, we can see the guy with black skin, the person he was standing right next to. He might be able to be used as a potential point of reference.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Tbh, I'm not truly sure. There's no real mention of electricity on the lightning dodging feats page, and I don't think there's a way to prove that he manipulated the shinsu to form lightning rather than electricity (as there were no storm clouds or references to lightning). Perhaps one of the staff members might be able to help on this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back