• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The NLFs need to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Seriously, I don't see what the big deal is, yes, there is another Hax character out there, that's no excuse to just sit there and spam a bunch of BB threads, all of them are incredibly decisive stomps.

I believe we need a rule in place for the amount of threads made on one character, we don't need anymore BB fights this, BB fights that, threads.

I'm unsure how to handle this exactly. I don't understand the mentality of people abusing hax oriented characters like BB, Reinhard, Amakasu and other walking NLFs.

VS threads are meant to be fun, and we have plenty of restrictions on them already. I don't think we need to force people to stop making threads for a character because Gargoyle doesn't like seeing it when he can easily just ignore them. Being too strict and placing unnecessary rules will only get rid of users' enjoyment here.

If the matches are stomp threads, then yes close them. And perhaps even warn the person/people making the mismatches to try not to make stomps and/or try not showing severe BB bias. But no need to make a brand new rule just for this. Also how would we even go about deciding an arbitrary "allowed number" of BB threads to be made?

We need to remove NLFs from profiles. It's very annoying because people abuse it.

The Bleach profiles are a major example of this.

You should never use words like "Always", "Everything", "No one" and other absolute statements to describe a character's power.

Sera Loveheart said:
I'm unsure how to handle this exactly. I don't understand the mentality of people abusing hax oriented characters like BB, Reinhard, Amakasu and other walking NLFs.
They want to test the limits of walking NLFs, it's that simple.

Ryukama said:
VS threads are meant to be fun, and we have plenty of restrictions on them already. I don't think we need to force people to stop making threads for a character because Gargoyle doesn't like seeing it when he can easily just ignore them. Being too strict and placing unnecessary rules will only get rid of users' enjoyment here.

If the matches are stomp threads, then yes close them. And perhaps even warn the person/people making the mismatches to try not to make stomps and/or try not showing severe BB bias. But no need to make a brand new rule just for this. Also how would we even go about deciding an arbitrary "allowed number" of BB threads to be made?
You missed my point, we don't need people to bandwagon the same characters when said series has plenty of hax characters.

I'm sorry but your point is basically "I don't like this. Make a rule to suit my likes."

People should be free to make matches for characters they want to, and not make matches for characters they don't to the most we can allow them to. Regardless if you think someone is being "overused" in threads or someone else "underused".

Even if this character gets NLF'd or wanked, the solution isn't to make another restriction banning her from fights or for staff to waste their time deciding upon some number of matches that should be allowed to be made or something.

It's to close the threads that are stomps, and warn those who show severe bias to stop.

We already have a "rule" about that. It's just that people like to bandwagon the same character

Kaltias said:
We already have a "rule" about that. It's just that people like to bandwagon the same character
A rule that doesn't do anything.

Staff can close a thread for being a stomp. Which is far more reasonable than to outright ban all matches involving the character. People wank Dragon Ball or One Punch Man characters FAR worse than this BB girl. We're never going to make a ban on them cause of it.

Gargoyle One said:
I can't close another's thread.
Kindly request a discussion mod or administrator to do it (preferably the former).

Anyway there is a very simple way to prevent the wank and NLF. Someone takes its time making an explanation blog about how BB's powers work

@Ryu

I think the best solution is to ban NLFs from power descriptions, or at least put the original NlF description under quotations.

Because the reason these threads get so annoying is because kids who don't know the verse look at the profile, see the NLF and go "Oumigawd, they are so powahful!!!!1" and start making threads ad-exhaustion.

Most debates here go like that. People just blindly follow the profiles and make no real effort to argue and being evidence. This leads to people who never read either series going "X wins cause Y". Followed by 5 posts saying "X wins cause reasons above".

@Matt I suppose rewording the descriptions of powers to take out phrases that would come off as NLF would also help out. Or maybe noting weaknessess/adding notes that the person can't just do anything with the power.

There is a problem with a Sailor Moon (Saturn) profile that says destroy "Everything" in the English version and "Universe" in the French version so we could not give him a correct AP we have Due to make a power scaling so it ended well

Matthew Schroeder said:
Most debates here go like that. People just blindly follow the profiles and make no real effort to argue and being evidence. This leads to people who never read either series going "X wins cause Y". Followed by 5 posts saying "X wins cause reasons above".
I nearly stopped debating here after seeing this pattern. You argue for half an hour and another guy gives a 3 word reply which is counted as a vote. This isn't even debating

Okay I need to go to bed. But I'll give some final thoughts.

I can only find 18 BB threads in total, 5 of which have been made by you. She does not really seem to be all that overused.

However as for why you might want this rule proposed and from some of the reasons I'm hearing.

"BB threads are stomps."

Feel more than free to ask a staff member to close the stomp then. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you.

"BB is being NLF'd bad"

You can either correct people on the NLF yourself. Or if people are being severely biased, you can have staff ask them to tone the wank down. Also why isn't "Let's ban Goku matches", "Let's ban Saitama matches", etc. a viable option despite those characters being wanked far worse than BB?

"I think BB is overused"

This is irrelevant. If you don't like BB threads, just ignore them. And let other people have their fun. Please don't try to use staff to enforce your personal preferences on people.

"I think other characters are underused"

Then make matches with these characters. Unlike what you're doing with others, no one is trying to stop you from making threads with the people you like.

HST threads used to flood other vs forums few years back, nobody banned them. Only Dragon Ball vs comics are banned in certain forums for fanboy rage. But frequent matchups are not banned anywhere in my knowledge, more popular verse always get higher exposure. BB is currently trending on vsb which will die down in a few months

There are 3 simple steps to fix this as Ryu pointed out.

-Remove the NLF's.

-Ignore said threads.

-Make threads with less used characters.

We cannot force someone to not use a character just because they are overused. Otherwise the likes of Zeed, Yhwach, Goku, Yhwach, Seiya, Yhwach, Kaguya, Yhwach, Saitama, Yhwach, Erza, Yhwach, Arceus, Yhwach, Gilgamesh and Yhwach would all be banned, BB is no different.

^I think that Negation of all abilities of those born on Earth..That's what I've heard anyway.

That isn't NLF though. It uses causality manipulation, which is (an extremely potent form of) hax, so it working on beings way above her in AP isn't NLF. Higher dimensional beings it would not work against due to them working under a causality governed by higher dimensional time. If you have a high level of divinity, whether your own or the result of a blessing from a god, you bypass it. If you do not exist as a result of earth, you bypass it. And if you have causality manip, you can counter it. It is just a passive application of causality manipulation, and seeing as that is hax, it is not NLF to say it can work on beings way above her actual physical AP.

I think what Matthew meant is that it being able to affect all abilities for characters born on earth sounds NLF. Attack potency doesn't matter but all abilities which includes other form of hax do. NLF applies to abilities as well, not just stats @monarch

No, it is a pure NLF, Monarch. It says in the profiles that it works on everyone born on Earth, which is pure bullshit.

There are numerous 3D beings born on Earth who would tear the entire Nasuverse a new one, ignoring Akasha.

Do you think BB would work on Classic Dr. strange, the guy who's magic allows him to fuckup universe bustets and Abstracts, solely because he was born on Earth?

Of course not.

Just because they say it can affect everyone born on Earth in-universe, doesn't mean it has.

Just like how the Triforce is supposed to be infinite and omnipotent in the Zelda universe, but that only mean that it is OP as **** in verse.

The moment your characters' ability uses the words "Everyone" and "No one" to explain who it affects or doesn't affect, then it is a bullshit NLF.

Wanna know who it can affect? It's called feats. Without feats, these claims are meaningless, and even if it does affect everyone in-verse, you don't assume it affects everyone from other verses.

An "Omnipotent" in one verse would be a total joke in another.

Even in-verse there are series who does this, such as Marvel where an "Omnipotent" universal creator god with literally infinite power is a total joke to the likes of higher-cosmics, and so on and so on.

Anything that uses the terms "absolute", "all", "everything", etc. is NLF. Even Tier 0s possess some form of controversial status.

Actually, it doesn't work on everyone born on earth.

It should also be pointed out that people with more divinity then her can resist it as long as it surpasses the Earth Mother Goddess. Therefore people like Reinhard and the Emprah and many others can no sell it.

Who said Reinhard or Emprah possess more divinity than the Earth Mother? That's ridiculous, it's referring to in-universe beings.

If it doesn't work on someone, it is because they have someway to counter it, or they work with the flaw in the ability. It does work on anyone born of earth. Some of them just have ways to get around that.

Causality manipulation will work on anyone without a resistance/immunity to it, or a way to counter it. Agreed on this?

She never showed up. All we know is that 5-As like Tiamat are aspects of her. at best I would say she is At least 4-B

Yeah, assuming otherwise would be downplaying causality manip.

Sera Loveheart said:
Who said Reinhard or Emprah possess more divinity than the Earth Mother? That's ridiculous, it's referring to in-universe beings.
I'm pretty sure verse equalization pretty easily fixes that even if it is needed.

-Multiple people on the God Emprah vs BB thread.

-The "BBs authority" thread

The whole thing about the "higher divinity" is also extremely vague. What defines the "divinity" of a character? Its powers? The number of its followers? The title "god/goddess"? Its position in a cosmic hierarchy in its own verse?

Also there is an extreme difference between saying "BB can manipulate causality to render herself immune to enemies attacks, but she can't do it if the opponent isn't from Earth/has a higher authority than BB herself" and "BB can negate the abilities of everyone born on Earth that doesn't have a higher authority than herself"

Nah. That's ridiculous. Verse equalization doesn't work like that. Unless "divinity" refers to charisma.

There are several Earth Mother Goddesses, who essentially control all life and death on earth because they are conceptualised as such. Tiamat is one of them. BB ate a bunch, so her Divine Authority would be multiplanetary, just like theirs.

Emperor would be have much higher divinity seeing as billions of humans see him as a god, and in a way he literally is, the same as the Chaos Gods.

Reinhard is the Apoptasis of Mercurius, who is a straight up Hadou God who rules over the entire multiverse. He would definitely have a higher authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back