• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The necessity of Neutral/Opponents on a Verse page?

Thing is that it'd be of no utility to list users that know about a verse but aren't willing to contribute, especially those that only "tangentially" know a series anyways.
We do actually remove users that have been inactive for over a year IIRC.

Thing is that it'd be of no utility to list users that know about a verse but aren't willing to contribute, especially those that only "tangentially" know a series anyways.
Thats fine then, but if they dont contribute then they shouldnt put their names down tbh. We wont get major traffic of people who wanna sign their names down, they should expect to be asked questions or to go into threads. Just think the name doesnt need to be too long, but its up to everyone else

I still think that this is the best solution. Most members do not know about or list themselves in our Knowledgeable Members List pages, but the verse pages are much harder to overlook.

As Medeus said, we should not try o fix a feature that isn't broken, just better clarify its purpose.
Something less wordy for the title, perhaps, but otherwise that's fine.

Well, we need to make certain that the intended purpose is clarified, and being either knowledgeable or a forum member on their own should not be enough to list oneself.

Agreed, I don't see any point for creating a section in the verse page.

What about this post suggests they're against the section being made?
This perspective posits that staff members remain steadfast in their desire to retain the aforementioned section, irrespective of any counterarguments or objections that may be raised.

This perspective posits that staff members remain steadfast in their desire to retain the aforementioned section, irrespective of any counterarguments or objections that may be raised.
Pretty sure they're just talking about whether 'Contributing' should be in the title, to clarify only to put your name if you know the series and are willing to contribute (y) Unless im mistaken

Last edited:
Deadass

There's a bunch of verses I support, I don't know shit about em

There's a bunch of verses I know everything about, wouldn't call myself a supporter

Knowledgeable Members should be a term for people knowledgeable about a verse, not for people who scale it in general.

All cause I know the plot of DBZ and I know that Gohan could whoop Cell, doesn't make me a knowledgeable member

I believe Ant suggested making it “Knowledge and Contributing Members” or something along those lines, perhaps that would be better?
Contributing should be one, and maybe another tab for knowledgeable

Cause we do actively look at knowledgeable members to find who to call to CRTs

Well, the three requirements should be that the listed members are registered in our forum, that they are willing to help out in content revision threads here, and that they are sufficiently knowledgeable to make themselves useful while doing so, so those requirements should be listed in the titles of this type of verse page section.

I didn't get any confirmation from you regarding my bot account rights and the adequate instructions.

Well, I think that AKM told me that it should be fine if we allow Bot account rights to be given to your extra account and one that JaRB can set up, respectively, but you both obviously need to be extremely careful and ask Promestein for instructions before you start.

Is that what you mean with adequate instructions?

Adequate instructions about the correctly use of the bot, keep in mind that is the first time we use a bot, so instructions regarding what we should do should be preferably. Then we can get used to it over time.

Yes. Strongly agreed.

Would you be willing to give proper Bot mass-editing management instructions to Dereck03 and Just_a_Random_Butler please, @Promestein ?

I have some experience using bots, so I'll just link the main guide here, but beyond that its usage is quite trivial for changes of this kind, you just insert (case and space sensitive) text you'd want to change (you can also list multiple variants so they get changed accordingly as well), then what it'd be changed to.
You can even make the bot so it previews changes per page before actually applying the edit, and so you can monitor that nothing goes wrong and edit particular cases manually directly in there before clicking the publish button and continuing.
Also, just use AutoWikiBrowser, anything else is for fancier stuff that won't really be used here.

Last edited:
@Just_a_Random_Butler @Dereck03 @Elizhaa @Damage3245

Would you all be willing to set up Bot accounts if you do not have them already, and to receive Bot management instructions from Promestein afterwards? And would you be willing to instruct them, @Promestein ?
I think I have already made my instance clear, I am willing and I have already talked to you, but I have not received the administration perms nor the Bot perms nor the necessary instructions.

Yes, my apologies. I have been waiting for confirmations from the others as well, so everything can be handled at the same time.

@Just_a_Random_Butler has also accepted to create a Bot account, and @Damage3245 may also have done so some time ago. I do not remember so well.

Also, @Promestein seems to have accepted to give all of you some basic instructions regarding how to properly use the AWB browser afterwards, but I would prefer if you all genuinely know what you are doing before your start mass-editing.

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Using_AutoWikiBrowser

@Just_a_Random_Butler @Dereck03 @Elizhaa @Damage3245

Would you all be willing to set up Bot accounts if you do not have them already, and to receive Bot management instructions from Promestein afterwards? And would you be willing to instruct them, @Promestein ?
I think I have already made my instance clear, I am willing and I have already talked to you, but I have not received the administration perms nor the Bot perms nor the necessary instructions.
Yes, my apologies. I have been waiting for confirmations from the others as well, so everything can be handled at the same time.

@Just_a_Random_Butler has also accepted to create a Bot account, and @Damage3245 may also have done so some time ago. I do not remember so well.

Also, @Promestein seems to have accepted to give all of you some basic instructions regarding how to properly use the AWB browser afterwards, but I would prefer if you all genuinely know what you are doing before your start mass-editing.

https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Using_AutoWikiBrowser
@Just_a_Random_Butler

Have you created a new account that can be given Bot user rights?

@Damage3245

Are you willing to create one as well?

@Elizhaa @AKM sama

Are you willing to receive instructions from @Promestein regarding how to properly handle such a Bot account for mass-editing with AWB?

Okay. No problem. Thank you for your reply. 🙏

@Dereck03 @Just_a_Random_Butler

Are there any other content moderators or administrators that you think are sufficiently highly experienced, meticulous, hardworking, and responsible to be able to properly handle a Bot account?

Back