• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The necessity of Neutral/Opponents on a Verse page?

Fine with me, I agree. I also believe that the Knowledgeable Members list could be managed better if each verse had its own dedicated list, rather than having one long collective list on a separate page.

There are several reasons for this:
  • Some verses get deleted, but staff often forget to remove the links to those pages from the Knowledgeable Members list. I've dealt with this many times before; just check the page's edit history. I think placing the list directly on the verse's page could help solve this issue, so that the supporters themselves can manage it.
  • Instead of keeping separate lists of names on the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral pages and the Knowledgeable Members list, it would be easier to manage everything in one place. This can also help with removing inactive or banned users from the list.
Agreed. Thank you for helping out. 🙏
I'm neutral on this. Whether the section stays as is, gets replaced, or is removed doesn't really matter to me, or at least, I don't feel strongly about this in particular.
The issue is that the "Knowledgeable Members" sections currently do not list a sufficiently high number of members familiar with the verses, so our staff members can find enough of them to summon when necessary. That is why we need to keep the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section for the time being. 🙏

Thank you greatly for responding in any case. 🙏🙂❤️
Yeah this is a good move.
Thank you very much to you as well. 🙏🙂❤️

I've been pinged for this thread many times, and contributed to it fairly actively in 2023, when it was made. I have given my opinions and, I think, made my stance clear. I have thus assumed that the half a dozen or so pings since the deliberations in 2023 were the usual posting of a list of people to ping on a matter, given that my stance has been laid out already.

Nevertheless, the pings continue.

I will therefore restate what I said before. It is my belief that what you very much want to do, converting the Supporters section to the Knowledgeable Members section, is fine. It is also my belief that purging the current Supporters section members to avoid including non-knowledgeable members is fine. I greatly dislike the name "Somewhat Knowledgeable Members" and would prefer just cleaning the slate to naming the section that. I have said before that I think you had enough support to go through with this (even if the minutiae was debated and, in one instance, vetoed by you). I still think you do.

That about sums it up.

Okay. Thank you for helping out, and my apologies for the pings then. I have lots of tasks and not a very good memory, so I did not remember pinging you previously or the contents of your previous replies. 🙏

Okay. Thank you for helping out, and my apologies for the pings then. I have lots of tasks and not a very good memory, so I did not remember pinging you previously or the contents of your previous replies. 🙏
I do not intend to snap. It is good that my position on the subject is known.

No problem. Also, this particular bump was actually very useful, as I was looking for this thread, so thank you. 🙏❤️

As I said in a private discussion thread, I still think that it would be extremely useful for the overall smooth running of our forum to move all "Knowledgeable Members" sections from the following page to their respective associated verse pages.

I think that this is a self-evident constructive change that will greatly simplify when our staff and other members look for knowledgeable members to summon to help out with content revision threads.

@Elizhaa @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @Colonel_Krukov @Just_a_Random_Butler @Dereck03 @Shadowbokunohero @QrowBarr @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Therefir @IdiosyncraticLawyer @GarrixianXD @Catzlaflame @Vzearr

Your help would be very appreciated here. 🙏
I'm fine with this.

I still think that it would be extremely useful for the overall smooth running of our forum to move all "Knowledgeable Members" sections from the following page to their respective associated verse pages.

I think that this is a self-evident constructive change that will greatly simplify when our staff and other members look for knowledgeable members to summon to help out with content revision threads.

@Just_a_Random_Butler @Dereck03 @Shadowbokunohero @QrowBarr @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Therefir @IdiosyncraticLawyer @GarrixianXD @Catzlaflame @Vzearr

I think that we have sufficient support to apply this change now, so your help with applying it would be extremely appreciated.

Just please take note that this is the only change to be applied here. You are NOT supposed to remove any Supporters/Opponents/Neutral sections.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

In addition, the "Knowledgeable Members" sections should be placed right above the "Supporters/Opponents/Neutral" sections, and the following standard format page also needs to be updated. 🙏

I think that we have sufficient support to apply this change now, so your help with applying it would be extremely appreciated.

Just please take note that this is the only change to be applied here. You are NOT supposed to remove any Supporters/Opponents/Neutral sections.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
In addition, the "Knowledgeable Members" sections should be placed right above the "Supporters/Opponents/Neutral" sections, and the following standard format page also needs to be updated. 🙏

@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr. Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath @Dereck03 @Planck69 @Shadowbokunohero @QrowBarr @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Therefir @IdiosyncraticLawyer @GarrixianXD @Catzlaflame @Vzearr

Are any of you willing to help apply this change to our verse pages please? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

The verse pages that are featured on the Knowledgable Members page have been properly updated with Knowledgable Members sections, and the Standard Format Template has been updated. Is there anything else left to do?

Progress: I am on J (Will also be rechecking everything after I finish to look for mistakes that I could've made)

I didn't change the formatting of the links, the ones that link to message walls still link to message walls, the ones that link to user pages still link to user pages, and so on. I also didn't remove any usernames, since the goal is to relocate the the lists to their corresponding verse pages.

Deleted verse pages but are in the list:
Bravest Warriors
Child of Light
Bloons Tower Defense
DOORS
Elsword
Eternal Sonata
Eureka Seven
Air Gear
Fortissimo Akkord Bsusvier
Hyper Light Drifter
I/O

???:
The Champion

No verse page but has other page(s) related to it, and is in Knowledgeable Members list:
The Battle Cats
Ecco the Dolphin
The Edge of Sleep
Exurb1averse
Calvin and Hobbes
Jak & Daxter
Jin Yong Novels
Just Shapes & Beats (Not sure about this one)

Deleted verse pages but are in the list:
Bravest Warriors
Child of Light
Bloons Tower Defense
DOORS
Elsword
Eternal Sonata
Eureka Seven
Air Gear
Fortissimo Akkord Bsusvier
Hyper Light Drifter
I/O

???:
The Champion

No verse page but has other page(s) related to it, and is in Knowledgeable Members list:
The Battle Cats
Ecco the Dolphin
The Edge of Sleep
Exurb1averse
Calvin and Hobbes
Jak & Daxter
Jin Yong Novels
Just Shapes & Beats (Not sure about this one)
I'm pretty sure deleted verse pages and verse pages that don't exist can be subjected to removal, or be omitted from this project. Consider we can't do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure deleted verse pages and verse pages that don't exist can be subjected to removal, or be omitted from this project. Consider we can't do anything about it.
I know they can be removed. I’m just listing them for reference, you never know when they might come in handy. So feel free to ignore it.

I did come across several page names that I had to search for, and if by chance one of the pages I listed actually exists, then that's great, but if not, it can be ignored.

Should we keep our knowledgeable members list page strictly for the purpose of listing knowledgeable members for fictions that do not have any verse pages? 🙏

Should we keep our knowledgeable members list page strictly for the purpose of listing knowledgeable members for fictions that do not have any verse pages? 🙏
If you want I can just list all the knowledgeable users for verses that were deleted, or pages that do not have a verse page yet here instead, so if we're done, we can just delete the list, or whatever you want to do with it.

I meant that it might be handy to keep a public list of knowledgeable members for a part of our verses without verse pages in case we need to find and summon members to participate in content revision threads, but I am open for input from other staff members here regarding this issue. 🙏

I think that can be useful for users who want to implement those franchises onto the wiki. And I'd indeed think it'll be helpful for people if they want to create a verse page for characters of a particular verse lacking a verse page currently.

Okay. We can probably keep the page in question, but only use it for verses without any verse page yet, then. 🙏

We obviously needs to write/clarify this at the top of that page though.

Okay. We can probably keep the page in question, but only use it for verses without any verse page yet, then. 🙏

We obviously needs to write/clarify this at the top of that page though.
I can make a clarification draft for the page if the others here are okay with implementing it like that.

Back