• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Namless vs The Dawn Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
John quite literally resists every single one of DM's abilities, even discounting it's inability to actually interact with him.

Basically, he has lived to long that he forgot his name, and no creature has lived enough to remember it neither (except by his ex-girlfriend). With the events of the GoM DLC, he remembered it once again.

See @H13? I don't get what was your issue with making the match when it was going to end on less than 10 comments.

The issue is that it was a total waste of effort to anyone who had more than a passing glance at the pages in question.

Given the lenght of most VS Threads I'm on, less than a full day is totally a very short amount of time.

Souls in Anima are equivalent to type 2 concepts.

I don't see how that gives him NE.

Because his soul

Which is his concept

Doesn't exist

But he still has other parts beyond just a soul. Him not having a soul doesn't mean his body doesn't exist at all.

Except his concept doesn't exist

You can go back and forth on this all you like but he still fits the definition of type 2 NEP regardless of your opinions on it

Not really

This is the definition

The lack of absolutely everything to a state of nonexistence at a conceptual level. Such a state defies even the most basic logical principles and is unknowable in the truest form, as it is not a state at all. Such entities are typically presented as primordial voids or pure emptiness, or any abstract state which precedes or opposes the state of existence on all levels. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence. Note the first line. He doesn't lack everything, just the soul concept. He also doesn't seem to be beyond logic or unknowable at all. At best this applies to Nemesis but not John.

Why exactly would the concept of someone not include their body?

Also, the people who updated NEP say that conceptual nonexistence counts as type 2.

It would. And he definitely has a body, contradicting a full NEP 2. At best it isn't combat applicable.

His profile straight up describes him as existing to the point of having myths and stories about him and having a feelable aura.

Bruh.

Look at the profile. He clearly has a body. I already mentioned the aura and stories about him. He probably has a body.

None of that proves that he has an existent body, just that people can interact with him, which doesn't mean jack shit in relation to his nonexistence.

It doesn't need a CRT.

If Potato actually read the scan that Antonio posted, he'd see that Nemesis usage specifically erases your body as well.

So his entire argument is based on ignorance.

Hl3 or bust said:
None of that proves that he has an existent body, just that people can interact with him, which doesn't mean jack shit in relation to his nonexistence.
People interacting with him kinda proves that he exists. What seems more plausible. The guy exists.

The guy doesn't exist and everyone in the verse can interact with non-existing beings without issue and even feel his aura. In fact he seems kinda normal if you can't feel his aura.

I don't need to make a CRT because I think he can choose to stop existing with Nemesis(the profile suggests this too.) It is activated though, not a constant part of his being.

It doesn't, really, especially when living emotions and evil aren't considering intangible and anyone can touch them.

His page does not suggest that in any way.

Hl3 or bust said:
That's a different thing from his normal nonexistence.
Not likely.

He is already non-existent according to your wankery, why would he need to go intangible on top of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back