• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vampire Hunter vs The Right Arm (Nathan Graves vs The Nameless)

vs

SBA
Speed Equal

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this match was made before? Don't think people reached a conclusion back them

Also, a shame Hringham has no profile in here, a fight with Dracula would have been more fitting (even if not necessary fairer).

Right, profiles were not linked to Edwellken's blog and it looks like its just circular scaling I'll say +2 considering the Physical World and the Wake, although few may consider Tawil's power to banish someone to another timeline like an additional timeline, as well as the divine light and dark's spell as additional universes. There may be more cases, but none that would scale to Nameless.

As for starting abilities, his sheets does not states his modus operandi, but in the game he starts by casting Gate to the End of All Life, after that he limit to battle conventionally.

Castlevania scales to 18-ish timelines atm, though it would be better off if someone else that isn’t Dracula is being used. I’m gonna switch it to Nathan Graves to make it fairer.

how long does the Gate to the End of All Life take for it to fully go off? Is it a normal spell or does it need some prep time?

how long does the Gate to the End of All Life take for it to fully go off? Is it a normal spell or does it need some prep time?
It takes him one round (3 seconds) to execute the power (I said he cast it, but is not a spell per se, just a innate power), time during which he can only defend normally. You can see his personal powers in here.

I see, Nathan has a wide variety of arsenal he can use for ranged attacks like with his daggers and spells alongside demon familiars he can summon, or his item crash nuke attacks where it attacks everyone in the vicinity. Due to the nature of his DSS abilities it would give him a lot of versatile options to use, and most of them give him a lot of ranged options.

Castlevania scales to 18-ish timelines atm, though it would be better off if someone else that isn’t Dracula is being used. I’m gonna switch it to Nathan Graves to make it fairer.
i did drac vs nameless coz i thought he's the only one who can interact with conceptual NEP

Everyone in Castlevania can interact with conceptual NEP, it's literally in the description for NPI

Well, Nameless certainly lacks in the range deparment.

Would have suggested he uses Nemesis to cancel summoning, but given they a Familiars they most have already be linked to the summoner and those should not work; I pressume Nathan does not uses magic neither, that could be potentially negated (Nemesis does not negate per se, but rather decreases the zeonic value of spells, what either prevents them to be casted or force the caster to spend more magic reserves in doing it so). Doubt Nathan uses ki or psychic abilities, so he does not have to worry about these forms of negations

Next in the list is Nameless' forms status inducements with Nemesis: he has combat aura but that ability is usually useless agianst equals or stronger people, so it only counts with aura of emptiness, although that only induce a -20 to all actions (that out of game terms, is enough to turn an equalized match in one to were the weakest has the odds of losing without some luck involved, not accounting for other supernatural powers).

Rest of Nemesis are passives, like making Nameless tireless, improving resistances, damage reduction and making him immune to any non-lethal wound; other abilities aren't that useful unless Nathan needs to use supernatural detections in combat. Besides that, not more in his arsenal beyond his arm.

Nathan uses magic, that’s where a lot of his DSS stems from, though he has Power nullification resistance on a 4-D level so it’s gonna be a bit tough to nullify that.

Yeah if Nameless only scales to a few timelines at best then Nathan wouldn’t have to worry much about that particular spell.

Being tireless isn’t anything new to Nathan since Vampires never get tired as stated in LoS lore, improved resistance can help but that also depends on if it can help him with the massive AP gap and regen/immortality negation he has. Supernatural detection isn’t something he relies on a lot so he’d be fine there.

Yeah if Nameless only scales to a few timelines at best then Nathan wouldn’t have to worry much about that particular spell.
To clarify, aura of emptiness does not decrease AP (or being more exact, Damage), it instead cause what is called an "all-actions penalty", whose most notable effect is decreasing combat abilities (unified value of combat proficiency and speed) and initiative (reactions). So it does not decrees AP but rather, decrease the ability to properly attack/defend (it also decrease how fast one can accumulate magic/ki, as well as physical attributs controls).

Something like that, it does not interfere magic, ki (only the techniques, passives remain intact) or psychic abilities once they are casted, but it decreases the rate at which they are executed and forcing the caster to use more resources; if the caster has no way in putting more resources into his abilities, either it tooks more time to use them or are unable to cast them to begin with.

That could be a bit of an issue with Nathan, however with the AP advantage he has and how his sub weapons have sufficient enough range, it wouldn’t hinder him AS much, though if Nameless does indeed pull off Nemesis then it would take him a bit of time to cast his DSS stuff (assuming Nameless has some layered statistics reduction to bypass Nathan’s resistances). If he doesn’t have a way to bypass some of Nathan’s resistances then I can see Nathan winning more often than not, he just needs to get the one good hit with his whip or any of his other abilities to land the killing blow he needs

Nathans whips are only standard melee range so doesn't he have to be 50cm - 1m away to hit nameless? the thing is if he does that he will literally die because the gate to the end of all life automatically affects people less than 25m away
wouldn't SBA assume they start 4km apart?
tell me if i should change the starting distance

Last edited:
Anyways I’m voting for Nathan, he has enough variety with his abilities and the AP gap and immortality/regen negating properties that one good hit will do the trick.

Back