• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The My Little Pony Comics Should be Considered Canon Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any issue of just having a separate comic profile. It's clear that the comics have much higher feats shown than the show.

I would personally prefer separate comicbook profiles. We do not use a separate Dragon Ball GT key for current Son Goku either, and should try to keep the continuities separate.

The comics and the show contradict but it's been confirmed by word of god the two are canon to each other

This is just like an issue we had with doctor who

A comicbook editor stated that the TV show staff do not adapt the cartoon to the comicbooks, which is blatantly obvious for anybody who pays attention. Again, we cannot reconcile these as part of the same timeline any more than DBGT and DBS.

Because it gives a better and less convoluted overview for our visitors (as long as we insert tabbers at the top of the pages), and doesn't risk to create a mishmash of the continuities, especially if the backgrounds/summary information sections differ from each other, as with Sombra.

I mean, you don't see Super Manga Goku as a different key for Super Anime Goku.

Same with Sonic and all his alternate versions.

Exactly. We should preferably close this thread. You can discuss the statistics of MLP comicbook profiles in another thread.

Antvasima said:
A comicbook editor stated that the TV show staff do not adapt the cartoon to the comicbooks, which is blatantly obvious for anybody who pays attention. Again, we cannot reconcile these as part of the same timeline any more than DBGT and DBS.
Except the show writers do include things from the comic books? No seriously, I don't get why you're acting why the show has to include the comics just to prove the writers right when they blatantly don't. You talk about all these contradictions when they are following exactly what has been stated. I've told you over and over that their logic isn't being contradicted, but you keep stonewalling me and repeating the same damn stuff we just went over. This is getting ridiculous.

I agree that this is getting ridiculous, but in the other direction. We cannot make exceptions for MLP in comparison wih our standard conventions for other franchises.

In addition, I am far too overworked to continue to argue in circles about this. I will close this hread now, and would appreciate if you do not ever bring up the subject again. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back