• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Monument Mythos Discussion Thread

Profiles for The Last Son, The Knight, The Queen and Nixon. Jesus and The Crescent King will be Keys in The Last Son's profile. The Crescent King as portrayed in The House in the Ocean will be a separate profile due to irreconcilable differences in his powers and how he operates (HITO Crescent King is like an illusory cognitohazard who sinks into people's minds. Nixonverse CK is apparently an actual giant being with the power to erase language.)

Profiles for The Last Son, The Knight, The Queen and Nixon. Jesus and The Crescent King will be Keys in The Last Son's profile. The Crescent King as portrayed in The House in the Ocean will be a separate profile due to irreconcilable differences in his powers and how he operates (HITO Crescent King is like an illusory cognitohazard who sinks into people's minds. Nixonverse CK is apparently an actual giant being with the power to erase language.)
I think it is only the houses that do that. The crescent King should be the same in each, or at least it is best to wait before separating them.

I think it is only the houses that do that. The crescent King should be the same in each, or at least it is best to wait before separating them.
Alex confirmed it in a reddit post on his now deleted account. I have an archive elsewhere. The Houses are projections created by the Crescent King, who ALSO doesn't exist and is only made real by people believing in him.

Alex confirmed it in a reddit post on his now deleted account. I have an archive elsewhere. The Houses are projections created by the Crescent King, who ALSO doesn't exist and is only made real by people believing in him.
Honestly, that version of the King sounds like he'd be perfect as an SCP

The-Last-Son.png

So let me get this right. Is it that the Last Son Crescent King creates the houses which also have a projection of the Crescent King inside it which doesn't exist, OR is there a cognitohazard being that looks like the Crescent King but is completely different that make the houses?

So, what kind of powers would you count "Rendering everything as fiction" be? My guess would be something along the lines of Reality Warping, Text Manipulation, Plot Manipulation, and Subjective Reality.

Edit: Also, this confirms The D-Day Knight has resistance to Fate Manipulation due to being unbound by the Lunarian's prophecy which Nixon was responsible for. Also he killed the Queen, and restored language to the US.

Last edited:
So i think Richard Nixon would be dwarf star level due to killing The Horned Serpent upon going to the Nixonverse, and he would probably have a higher tier with the "rendering everything as fiction."

Yeah, Low 2-C makes sense due to him messing with the entire timeline as well as space. Though I think it should be "At least 5-A Physically, up to Low 2-C with Powers."

Anyway, In addition, I've been thinking about the powers of the aspects of Nixon. Here's what I can come up with for them (For now, will update later)
  • All: Superhuman Physical Characteristics
  • Last Son of Alcatraz: Flight, Size Manipulation
  • Crescent King: Likely Same as Before, Large Size (Type 0), Immortality (Guessing Type 5 due to Nixon needing to kill him via rendering him as fiction)
  • D-Day Knight: Flight, Size Manipulation, Resistance to Fate Manipulation
  • Queen of the Lunarians: Social Influencing, Energy Projection, BFR (Via Eviction from Reality)

Also I was kind of mulling this over, if Nixon killed the Horned Serpent, would this mean that the Horned Serpent would get Resurrection and Type 3 Immortality?

For my sake, I'm going to quit watching monument mythos but continue participating in this thread. This **** gave me the worst case of PTSD by far compared to other horror materials.

Damn I'm sorry to hear that.
It's alright this isn't anyone's fault but mine. But to add on to my previous comment. Frank Sinatra's second image on his current profile and George Washington's profile image is too disturbing for me to actually look at currently. So apologies for any future misunderstandings when in regards to the 2 profiles.

If Alcatraz Checkmate is represented by a horse making a move that defies the basic rules imposed on a chess board to execute the queen...then it should warrant a form of law or logic manipulation by negating said law or logic.
It was actually covered as Type 2 Acausality and resisting Fate Manipulation mainly because Alcatraz Checkmate was The D-Day Knight ignoring the prophecy of the Lunarian Queen (Aka becoming the Prince of the Lunarians), with the chessboard being a metaphor for that rather than him literally breaking logic or the laws of reality.

It was actually covered as Type 2 Acausality and resisting Fate Manipulation mainly because Alcatraz Checkmate was The D-Day Knight ignoring the prophecy of the Lunarian Queen (Aka becoming the Prince of the Lunarians), with the chessboard being a metaphor for that rather than him literally breaking logic or the laws of reality.
I see

There's literally no profile left to make.

So uhhh... Last Son of Alcatraz is probably WAY stronger (Or at least more durable) than just City level.

unknown.png

Soy see that tiny green circle in the center there that can barely be seen? That's the part of Alaska that would be irradiated by a 100 Megaton nuclear blast. And the blast that knocked out The Last Son did that to the entire state of Alaska.

Okay, so I used the same settings as you did, and assuming the fallout was at least 1000 rads per hour across the entire state, according to the website, the approximate area affected with fallout that was at least 1000 rads per hour for a 100 megaton surface burst nuke would be 49,710 kilometers. I redid the calc with 9 other points (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90 megatons respectively) to try and get a rough exponential equation to determine how the area would scale up. The final area equation came out to be Fallout Area = 23,338.7 + 5.798086429048×10^-39 * e^0.982232x. I then used the 2010 US Census data (It was the most recent census data I could find) for the land area of Alaska, which was recorded as 1,477,953 square kilometers. Plugging it in, I eventually found the blast power is... a little over 104 megatons. I mean, he still goes up a tier to 7-A, but this just feels really underwhelming.

Update: I redid the calc both for funsies (Don't ask why), as well as taking the "Dark Alaska" a little more literally and assuming it became so irradiated it can't support life anymore. Also Tl;dr at the end for the verdict and what calc I think works best here.
--
Settings used for Nukemap.org

• Nuclear Warhead Power: 10-100 kilotons of TNT, using only multiples of 10 on that line (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 kt)
  • Detonation Site: about 226 km northwest of Fairbanks at 169.67642 degrees with due east being 0 and due north being 90, nearby Tanana
  • Height of Burst: Surface (I figured that the blasts were less meant to irradiate and more meant to obliterate)
  • Other Effects: Show Radioactive Fallout
  • Area used: Approximate Area Effected (km^2)
  • Dosages Used: 4709 rads/hour, 10000 rads/hour, and 15832 rads/hour
--
I decided to use 4709 rads/hour, 10,000 rads/hour, and then 15,832 rads/hour instead of only 1000 rads/hour for this. 4709 is the absolute maximum for a 10 kt surface blast which is the minimum blast power used beside 0 kt, 10,000 rads is similar to the radiation of a criticality incident at a nuclear power plant (Namely the one in Wood River Junction in 1964), and 15,832 rads is the upper limit of radiation for a surface blast according to Nukemap.org, so I figured all should be the acceptable upper limits used with 1000 being the baseline. I think 4709 rads/hour is the acceptable upper limit for this calc, but with some stretching you could use 10,000 to highball. However, the method for the last one is, well, more questionable at best and awful at worst.
For the calc, I found the data for each of the blast powers, and wrote down the area for each radiation. Here's the data I got.

Blast Power (megatons of TNT)Area (1000 rads/hour) (km^2)Area (4709 rads/hour) (km^2)Area (10000 rads/hour) (km^2)Area (15832 rads/hour) (km^2)
10237--
201460--
302740--
404110--
505550784-
6070501340-
7086101950-
80102402600-
90113903290-
From this data, here were the equations I found using dCode function equation finder (set to exponential using curve fitting)
A is the area of the radiation, x is the power of the blast in megatons.
4709 rads/hour: A=5138.62+(2.2350428674223*10^-39)e^0.980489x, x=ln{[(10^39)(A-5138.62)]/2.23504}/0.980489
10000 rads/hour: A=660.63+(4.849441070666*10^−40)e^0.980489x, x=ln{[(10^40)(A-660.63)]/4.84944}/0.980489
15832 rads/hour: A=1.+0.99134*e^0.134018x (Note: I only had one point to go off of), x = ln[(A-1)/0.99134]/0.134018
--
4709 rads/hour: Land Area of Alaska is 1,477,953 square kilometers, the result is 105.25 megatons of TNT
10000 rads/hour: Use the new equation for x and the same land area, the new result is 106.81 megatons of TNT
Both of those are mountain level, reinforcing the previous result. However, can we get much higher?
-
So, let's kick this up a notch and assume the same starting point, but instead of only the entire land area, we use a radius between it and 4 different points for the area. First point is the town of Barrow.

The radius from my pixel measurements between the point and Barrow is around 823.26 km, and the area is 2129236.5 km^2. Using that area, we get 105.63 megatons of TNT for the 4709 rad/hour formula and 107.19 megatons for the 10000 rads/hour formula. On to the next point, the Shinshaldin Volcano.

The radius from my pixel measurements between the point and Shinshaldin Volcano is around 1161.62 km, and the area is 4239142.7 km^2. Using that area, we get 106.33 megatons of TNT for the 4709 rad/hour formula and 107.89 megatons for the 10000 rads/hour formula. On to the next point, the southern tip of Prince of Wales Island.

The radius from my pixel measurements between the point and the tip is around 1401.7 km, and the area is 6172484.7 km^2. Using that area, we get 106.71 megatons of TNT for the 4709 rad/hour formula and 108.27 megatons for the 10000 rads/hour formula. Onto the final and easily the wankiest point, the town of Attu.

The radius from my pixel measurements between the point and the tip is around 2017.26 km, and the area is 12784202.1 km^2. Using that area, we get 107.46 megatons of TNT for the 4709 rad/hour formula and 109.02 megatons for the 10000 rads/hour formula.

So that's it. Best you could shoot for is still barely cracking mountain level. But can we get higher?
-
So, now let's work with the equation for the 15832, and then take things a step further.
Let's start with the equation previously and find the value of x for each.

Alaskan Land Area: 106.06 megatons of TNT
Barrow radius: 108.79 megatons of TNT
Shinshaldin Volcano radius: 113.93 megatons of TNT
Prince of Wales Island radius: 116.73 megatons of TNT
Attu radius: 122.17 megatons of TNT
Still solidly mountain level across the board. But can we get much higher?

Note: This math is very bad in so many ways. Don't treat it seriously, and treat it like a really really bad joke.
So, assuming that 15832 rads/hour can cover 818 km^2 for 100 megatons, using the four areas I calculated (and the one previously used) and some basic proportions, you can get the explosive power to:

Alaskan Land Area: 180,678.85 megatons of TNT (Or 180 gigatons, up to Large Island already)
Barrow radius: 260,297.86 megatons of TNT (260 gigatons, still Large Island)
Shinshaldin Volcano radius: 518,232.6 megatons of TNT (518 gigatons, Large Island yet again)
Prince of Wales Island radius: 754,582.48 megatons of TNT (754 gigatons, so close)
Attu radius: 1,562,860.89 megatons of TNT (1.563 teratons, finally we got Small Country)

While this couldn't work within reason but could work in theory if you don't understand match well, I think especially at higher levels, there wouldn't be an Alaska to be Dark Alaska.
--
Tl;dr: Mountain level seems like the most reasonable scaling for The Last Son, Knight, and The Queen. While you could wank them to Large Island or even Small Country level, the math there is VERY questionable at best and just wrong at worst.
So, what calc specifically do I think should be used? I think the Prince of Wales radius at 10000 rads/hour makes the most sense. The area is large enough to cover most of Alaska, and the radiation is easily potent enough to render the entire state uninhabitable and "Dark" for extended periods of time. However, the amount of data used to make the equation is enough to use and the results are still reliable and solidly within the ballpark of the Mountain Level range as well as being within the range of most of the other serious calcs.
Anyway, thank you for listening to my ted talk about why The Nixonverse should be Mountain level physically.

Last edited:
Back