• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Lord Ruler vs The Dragon Reborn (Grace)

Sanderson vs Jordan. The Protagonist of one novel vs the Antagonist of another.

Speed is Unequalized. TLR has enough metals and stored power to get him up to 7-B and Rand is restricted from using any angreals. No prior knowledge or prep time for either character and both are In character and serious. Fight happens on Ravnica and no outside interference.

Rand al'Thor

The Lord Ruler

In character and serious is a bit of an oxymoron for TLR. His issue is using basically nothing but pewter and gold most of the time (besides mindhax on the entire skaa population) because nobody can even challenge him as is. Does serious here mean he'll use the other metals faster?

@Wok TLR doesn't take anyone serious in-verse because there is no one to take serious. He would panic and throw everything he has if he notices there is someone on his level.

Rand has a 5.62x reactions advantage but that likely won't hold up as TLR begins compounding or activates a speed bubble. Same sort of goes for the AP/Dura differences.

How good is Rand's mind resistances? TLR can pacify entire crowds with his mental allomancy.

Not even just crowds though. He did it to pretty much all the Skaa and constantly does.

If he's actually using his powers, rand is dealing with a storm of metal floating his way while TLR scales his stats up and slows Rand dramatically via time bubble stuff.

I didn't mention the Skaa as they're naturally susceptible to allomantic interference.

>slows Rand dramatically with a time bubble

The only person who can do that is Marasi with her weird allomantic cubes.

@Apies Yeah. However if he pulls a speed bubble with speed feurochemy he would likely see Rand's attacks as if they were in hyper slow motion, and could easily reposition himself to doge or set up surprise attacks.

The time slow bubble would affect both if they're both inside; like I said Marasi is the only character as of yet who can weaponize time bubbles.

Well cluck, I have finished Mistborn but I only started Wheel of Time rip. Well I can say this much, although TLR might be the better fighter, Rand can be a quick learner to adapt to TLRs fighting style. Generally speaking, TLR is far more versatile when it comes to outmatch Rands speed and his time manipulation would be a pain. Also, Rand resisted multiple telepathic attacks from the dark one as early as book 1, so I wont be surprised if he could just resist his mind hax. That said, For Now, TLR for Time Manipulation, Versatility and Experience.

Pretty sure at this rate, I might change my vote the more I read Wheel but I think it is a close match no matter how I think about it.

Lowkey this is Sandersons revenge for Jordan handing him a 1000 page manuscript and notes lol I guess God does have a sense of Humor lmao.

Rand will be surprised at the beginning by Atium or time manipulation usage, but will quickly adapt. I doubt emotional metals have much of an effect in this case.

Allomancy, even used by Rashek, has no way of breaking through Rand's ridiculous One Power defenses, while an AoE attack that is undodgable even when knowing the future will annihilate TLR, because he's just that strong in saidin.

Also, Rand can use balefire for an insta kill.

Rand wins here.

Fire with retroactive EE iirc.

Rashek, considering the fight serious, would kill Rand before he was capable of responding.

He has near limitless investiture which he can convert to other forms of investiture...as well as the ability to compound. That's near infinite speed, strength, luck, mass, etc. He could literally punch anything hard enough to break it, with the ability to withstand it. This is not accounting for his ability to see short distances into the future, flare soothing.

The reasons for Rand winning seem more plausible to me, so I think I'll go with Rand FRA.

Back