• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Living Tribunal killed...by Lord Chaos and Master Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the comic came out today. So I thought I should list it as News / Announcement.

What do I change it too and how do I change it?

I also read the comicbook, but we will have to wait and see if the attack was successful.

There are a few things to note, however:

1) This was the new Adam Warlock version of the Living Tribunal, whose power level is listed as unknown, but was previously shown as superior to all of the universal entities combined.

2) We likely do not know for certain whether or not these were the multiversal or universal versions of Chaos and Order.

3) This is extremely out of character for both of them, as they have consistently tried to safeguard the cosmos in the past. Killing the Tribunal is not exactly working towards that goal.

4) This is a typical example of Marvel's complete disinterest in anything remotely resembling rational and consistent power-scaling.

Given the above, it is hard to give the new Tribunal a set tier from this.

There's a Multiversal Chaos and Order? I know Eternity is seen as Multiversal (or Omniversal) in this comic.

Like Al Ewing explained in the QnA in Ultimates 7 link Eternities are universes but they make up a larger Eternity for the multiverse.

But I've never seen anything similar for Chaos, Order or any other abstract.

But thanks for the reply. I just thought that we'd start a conversation about it (since it looks like Order and Chaos will go at it in the next isse with no one to stop them) to find out what's going on. Explanations for these kind of things is what the Wiki is for after all.

Order and Chaos appeared in 16-dimensional space. Given that universal space-time continuums are only 4-Dimensional, we call those versions of the abstracts multiversal versions, in lack of better options.

Multi-Eternity was a concept introduced in Jeph Loeb's Abraxas saga Fantastic Four story. J.M. DeMatteis used a similar concept in his Defenders series, and now Al Ewing also does something similar, while seemingly using the terms multiverse and omniverse as synonyms for each other.

I mentioned that the new Living Tribunal was seemingly killed in his profile btw.

Btw: You can message Matthew about this thread, if you wish.

Yes, Al Ewing does not particularly seem to understand the distinctions between some of the terms that he is using, and cares even less about relative power level logic.

Monica Rambeau has overpowered and infinite entity, and a low level tiger-spirit/deity totem has overpowered SHuman-Gorath, under his pen, just to give two examples.

Antvasima said:
Btw: You can message Matthew about this thread, if you wish.
I just wanted someone to fix the discussion because I thought I'd messed up. But I can leave him a message.

Antvasima said:
Yes, Al Ewing does not particularly seem to understand the distinctions between some of the terms that he is using, and cares even less about relative power level logic.
Monica Rambeau has overpowered and infinite entity, and a low level tiger-spirit/deity totem has overpowered SHuman-Gorath, under his pen, just to give two examples.
We really need to make sense of the Marvel cosmic stuff. Maybe we could schedule a grand discussion when the final number of Ultimates comes out (March?) because it will probably be a while before we get another cosmic tale from Marvel. At least then we'd be up to date.

There is probably no point. We have already talked this over extensively several times, and there really is no good way to make sense of it, given that Marvel might as well be Dadaism in terms of logical coherence.

We have already tried as best as we can, but it is a hopeless task. Marvel is currently strictly focused of fundamentalist regressive leftist political propaganda/indoctrination, and are even less concerned than previously about making any sense whatsoever.

Yes, but if it severely contradicts other established statistics, we will have to try to evaluate whether or not it should be considered as outliers.

Yes. We know that the concept is being used again. I mentioned this earlier.

This just seems stupid.

Plain and simply stupid.

Unless Adam Warlock TLT is simply an M-Body, which in turn would make Time Runs Out so less significant than it was.

Seeing things like this, or worse, happen over and over and over and over, year in and year out, is why I consider Marvel so thoroughly nonsensical and incoherent.

Take note that the same writer had Galactus beat Chaos and Order previously. Hence, he thinks that Galactus > The Living Tribunal.

Having Galactus be on Abstract level is at least a common enough occourance. And I'm okay with Fully-Fed Galactus being on the level of Eternity and the like. But this is just dumb.

@Ant

I will wait for next issues and hope that Chaos and Order obtained some form of Power Up.

Well, being on the level of universal version of Eternity, sure, being stronger than the multiversal Living Tribunal, not so much.

The thing is that making this a M-Body would mean that the Time Runs Out TLT was an M-Body.

Though given that they seem to treat Adam Warlock TLT as on Earth's only, this seems to be the case...

More like they don't care for the power level of the abstracts. It's usually Universal+ for everyone, with "At least Multiversal+" for the true Multi-Versions.

Which we rate at 1-B out of generosity and fairness.

Exactly. The Marvel abstracts have generally been displayed of an unfathomably lower scale, and I doubt that the writers know about the 16-D story, or understand the sheer scale that it would imply. However, we have been trying to be generous and fairminded towards them.

Btw: Al Ewing said on Twitter that the story he is building up is bigger than the Beyonders returning, that it remains to be seen if the new Living Tribunal died, and that they will talk a bit about the power level inconsistencies in upcoming issues.

Antvasima said:
Btw: Al Ewing said on Twitter that the story he is building up is bigger than the Beyonders returning, that it remains to be seen if the new Living Tribunal died, and that they will talk a bit about the power level inconsistencies in upcoming issues.
Sounds promising. Hopefully he'll be able to make sense of it all.

Do you have a link to the Tweet?

I sincerely doubt that he will make sense of the absolute mess of inconsistency that constitute Marvel Comics power levels.

I am busy at the moment though, and would prefer not to link to the tweets.

strange, shouldn't master order and lord chaos be weaker than Universe Eternity? Isn't that the point of their existence: to bring order and chaos to the universe?

Heatforce said:
strange, shouldn't master order and lord chaos be weaker than Universe Eternity? Isn't that the point of their existence: to bring order and chaos to the universe?
Yes, Lord Chaos and Master Order are empowered by the chaos and order of the universe. This was explored in Thor Annual #9. When the universe becomes chaotic Master Order becomes weaker, and they're only two of the lesser abstracts of the universe (like Mistress Love, Master Hate, Anomally, Entropy, etc. etc.) so it doesn't make sense that they're able to kill the second most powerful character in the Marvel Multiverse.

Well, there seem to be multiversal 16-dimensional versions of them as well, but nevertheless, the Living Tribunal has stated that they are part of his components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back