• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Major Revision - Part III

ZephyrosOmega said:
1. You'd have to ask Cal for that. It was already on his profile, and that was the reason listed in Cal's blog: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...re_all_of_Link's_powers_come_from_(composite)
2. Survived the Wind Fish erasure, which was already added to his profile before it was updated today.
1. Will do.

2. Does that count?

I always assumed the Wind Fish brought him into the dream and let him out of it. Like, why would he erase the guy that just helped him?

So I talked with Cal, he said the curse resistance is likely not legit, and that it should probably go.

All that I think needs to be discussed is the legitimacy of Link's Resistance to EE.

Curse resistance can be given to his items if necessary.

Wind Fish was nuking koholint island and only Malon and Link escaped out.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Curse resistance can be given to his items if necessary.
Wind Fish was nuking koholint island and only Malon and Link escaped out.
What item resists curses?

First, its Marin, not Malon - and two, she didn't "escape" really, her visage was plastered over a segall for a second - that could mean anything, and thirdly, what says that the Wind Fish didn't just let Link out of the dream before he erased it?

Equips that allow Link to still use his sword even after getting hit by bubbles and iirc milk can negate curses of bubbles in OoT and MM.

Mb I get their names mixed up but the narrative is pretty clear what it's implying. Cause in the scene the island was erased then Link came to, not the other way.

1. That's fair - what kind of equipment allows Link to bypass Bubble curse?

2. It isn't really that clear. If it was, I wouldn't be questioning the feat.

So, like I said, what says that the Wind Fish didn't just let Link out of the dream before he erased it?

Anyway, I got to go to bed - bye.

Warren Valion said:
1. That's fair - what kind of equipment allows Link to bypass Bubble curse?
2. It isn't really that clear. If it was, I wouldn't be questioning the feat.
1. Whisp Ring.

2. IDK, never beat link's awakening.

1. Cool, thanks.

2. It literally just an image of Marin's visage for a few seconds that dissapears into a segall flying away.

It could mean anything - Link could just be thinking about Marin, or the Wind Fish could have let her out of his dream and turned her into a segall, or literally anything.

Hell, if she "escaped", why would she be a segall?

GiverOfThePeace said:
I can link you a bunch of videos where the same conclusion is presented, Marin escaped.
I can link you a bunch of videos where the same conclusion that Link is Dead in Majora's Mask - that doesn't mean anything.

The ending is vauge - and I feel, is not definitive enough to imply that Link deserves EE resistence.

Anyway, I really have to go to sleep now - goodnight for real.

Warren Valion said:
I can link you a bunch of videos where the same conclusion that Link is Dead in Majora's Mask - that doesn't mean anything.

The ending is vauge - and I feel, is not definitive enough to imply that Link deserves EE resistence.

Anyway, I really have to go to sleep now - goodnight for real.
Actually there's far more videos that say otherwise and that's from deduction of people going under the pretense that Matpat said it so it must be right, what I'd show you would be non-famous youtubers maknig that distinction. It also means a lot since your premise was "oh it isn't clear".

Wind Fish EE's, Link is perfectly fine, I legitimately do not see what's wrong with this. Even the nightmares state you would be erased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts4...&list=PLHLhcULPCm0ytJt6ykBzvaPIA6r1NFhm7&t=83

"My energy...gone...I...lost! But you will be lost too, if the Wind Fish wakes! Same as me... you... are...in...his...dream..."

Also gn.

Okay, but why is Marin the only inhabitant of Koholint able to survive the awakening of the Wind FIsh? And why was she turned into a seagull?

Wouldn't the most simplistic logical reasoning be that the Wind Fish allowed her to become real, and turned her into a seagull because she wanted that?And that the Wind FIsh returned Link back until the real world for aiding him, instead of erasing him from existence.

Is there anything left to do here?

TriforcePower1 said:
Wasn't there a legend or something that the Wind Fish could grant wishes or something similar? That may be why Marin managed to escape.
Anyway, about the resistance to EE, here is the thread that added it
That would make a lot of sense actually.

So, I rewatched the ending of Link's Awakening.

And the Wind Fish specifcally states, "COME, Link... LET US AWAKEN... TOGETHER!!"

Which goes in to support my argument that Link didn't resist the erasure of the dream, but that the Wind Fish aided in Link waking up and that they did so together.

I don't have the time to read the thread, sorry.

Antvasima said:
Is there anything left to do here?
We are just debating the legitamacy of Link's EE resistance.

Other than that - I feel like everything else about the profile is fine.

Anyway, I got to get to class, so I won't be able to respond until much later tonight, sorry.

And goodbye!

I'll just repost the evidence then

"https://youtu.be/yl8HWfOzcQ0 (I'll mainly be using just this video, putting time stamps near each point)

15:10; 17:42 Two of the Nightmares explicitly state that Link will be erased alongside the dream just for simply being inside it if the Wind Fish wakes up.

11:10; 12:10; 12:28 They are rather reliable about information, one of them even acknowledging that it had problems keeping his mouth shut, and have given Link hints that Koholint was just a dream, and later outright told him. The same nightmare that talks too much already implies about the fact that Link will be erased alongside the dream.

9:45 The Nightmares know that Link comes from OUTSIDE the dream, and as such that he wasn't created by the Wind Fish."

Warren Valion said:
Okay, but why is Marin the only inhabitant of Koholint able to survive the awakening of the Wind FIsh? And why was she turned into a seagull?
Wouldn't the most simplistic logical reasoning be that the Wind Fish allowed her to become real, and turned her into a seagull because she wanted that?And that the Wind FIsh returned Link back until the real world for aiding him, instead of erasing him from existence.
Because fiction is weird and she didn't have a true form outside of the dream so she formed herself based off what she wanted to be/Wind Fish wish granting.

The quotes and such go against that assumption, and nothing ever implies that in the game, Wind FIsh doesn't even ever mention Marin. If he was aiding him to get him back into the irl world he'd also just take him out of the rut he's in, aka floating on a single piece of wood.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. Feel free to close it when you are done.

Back