• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: Major Revision - Part III

You think so? Not necessarily everyone checking the profile of someone as popular as Link will be aware of the kind of abilities he has or what to expect (or has been keeping up with updates on him), but to to find out what he can do in the first place. And a massive wall of text can be confusing to read or even lead to miss information in a quick read.

Again, still better than looking through multiple tabs. That's what the Standard Equipment and Notable Attacks sections are for.

Also, separating them this way is probably even more misleading. Link's healing comes from the healing spell, so someone who can null spells can negate Link's healing, right? Nope, because Link also has healing from the Heart Ring, a piece of equipment. So you need to list it in both, or it's not correct. Almost all of Link's innate abilities can also be used with his equipment, which makes the subdivision pointless if the second tab has (almost) everything the first tab has except for the first 6 abilities.

You just repeated yourself. The notable attacks and standard equipment don't even outight explain what hax is for what.

That's... not rremotely more misleading. How would that change anything? That just means that you'd have two tabs with healing, tha analogy didn't remotely help your point. That's not remotely true whatsoever.

TriforcePower1 said:
Also, separating them this way is probably even more misleading. Link's healing comes from the healing spell, so someone who can null spells can negate Link's healing, right? Nope, because Link also has healing from the Heart Ring, a piece of equipment. So you need to list it in both, or it's not correct. Almost all of Link's innate abilities can also be used with his equipment, which makes the subdivision pointless if the second tab has (almost) everything the first tab has except for the first 6 abilities.
Aren't there pages on here that have the same predicament and it's just fine? And like stated above, there are attacks and equipment that don't explain what hax is for what.

@Triforce: This is mostly just a suggestion, but the way I work around that issue is by listing the different sources of the same abilities if the character has several sources to begin with. For example: Fire Manipulation via the Fire Spells in the Magic Tab, but also listed in the Summons Tab via Ifrit. I know it may seem redundant. but it allows to be clear with exactly where the hax comes from and what is related to. The skills and equipment section work with this to give the exact details of the piece of gear or ability.

This way can also help with the example you give. For example, if the opponent can nullify or seal magic, Link can still resort to the same ability through his equipment, to give an idea, and people could see that even if his magic wouldn't work in this scenario, his rings or potions do.

IMO, even if the results can't be added to the profile, I think having Link participate in more matches, even under limited conditions, could be beneficial as it bring attention to him, allows to discuss his abilities and profile and all.

I think Law Manip was debunked in another thread for being "too vague" and Low Godly regen was argued to not be due to the triforce.

GiverOfThePeace said:
I think Law Manip was debunked in another thread for being "too vague" and Low Godly regen was argued to not be due to the triforce.
Concept manip was the one arguged to be too vague I remember that thread "Low Godly regen was argued to not be due to the triforce." was debunked when shown a scene from twilight princess where Ganondorf was only able to survive thanks to Triforce of power and the Nay sayers didn't have actual rebuttals against it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVYggDnaJgY

Skip to 2:09 and watch the rest Ganondorf was clearly shown to be revived by the Triforce of power, he dies, Top appears on the back of his hand, twitch of fingers and than comes back to life.

Also most importantly even the conversation between the sages talk how the Triforce of power appearing and saving Ganondorf was some kind of Divine joke.

Saying that the Triforce dosent have low godly is simply false when proof is right there, also if it wasn't the triforce how would the sages even be able to kill him weapons of light are not enough to kill Ganondorf its been stated so many times its ridiculous you either need triforce, Master Sword or a Variant or silver Arrows.

So yeah someone should add Low godly regen to Top, full triforce and Link composite or other characters that had weilded the full triforce.

GiverOfThePeace said:
I think everyone sans Triforce was fine with it.
Yup true and there statements where debunked, anyways where are we k ow with Link's abilities I heard there's a thing called unholy manipulation and Ganondorf now as it and triforce protects him against everything dark, evil and corruptive so he should probably have protection against unholy manipulation

We have several staff and knowledgeable members agreed to it and everything as been double check plus no one is against it its good to go

I think we can go through tbh, a good number of knowledgeable members and staff gave their input and agreed, the main argument was made null and void. I think everything can go through.

It's probably good to go since at least two Admins said it was fine.

Can you summarise what you wish to change?

Antvasima said:
Can you summarise what you wish to change?
Lightspeed attack speed with Light Arrows.

Low-Godly given by the triforce.

And giving him seperate tabbers for innate powers, equipment, and triforce powers.

Weren't the lightspeed arrows thoroughly rejected by Azathoth and others previously?

Separate tabbers seem fine though.

It came from this thread.

The conclusions were this:

Kepekley23

The arrow behaves like real light, actually.

• Can replace sunlight; something that no other arrow in the game can do, including Fire Arrows (debunking the notion they replace it because of heat as opposed to their light properties)
  • Reflects off of a mirror (This mirror can only reflect Light Arrows, it is unable to do so to physical attacks or other arrowS)
  • Travels on a straight line (as stated on BoTW)

Okay. Then it seems fine.

After a quick look over, there are three things I have question with:

1. Where was it stated that Ganon couldn't curse Link? Hell, doesn't Link being cursed into his Wolf Form eternally by Zant who was using a fraction of Ganon's power disprove this?

2. Why would you make the assumption that Guardian Beams would possess the same properties as the Ancient Arrows just because they are powered by the same substance?

The Sheikah fluid is a very verstaile substance which can do tons of shit, from manipulating metal to stopping time, so just saying that they are powered by the same energy doesn't really mean anything.

The Ancient Arrows are specifcally created by Robbie, not the ancient Sheikah who created the Guardians.

Not to mention, the Guardian Beams have no mention, nor any visual showings of erasing things from existence, just blowing shit up.

3. I don't believe that turning yourself two-dimensional means that you are intangible for one, and secondly, doesn't Link obtain the ability to become 2-D because of a Ravio's Bracelet? Which is an item, and therefore, should be in the item section, not the innate abilities section.

Warren Valion said:
After a quick look over, there are three things I have question with:
1. Where was it stated that Ganon couldn't curse Link? Hell, doesn't Link being cursed into his Wolf Form eternally by Zant who was using a fraction of Ganon's power disprove this?

2. Why would you make the assumption that Guardian Beams would possess the same properties as the Ancient Arrows just because they are powered by the same substance?

The Sheikah fluid is a very verstaile substance which can do tons of shit, from manipulating metal to stopping time, so just saying that they are powered by the same energy doesn't really mean anything.

The Ancient Arrows are specifcally created by Robbie, not the ancient Sheikah who created the Guardians.

Not to mention, the Guardian Beams have no mention, nor any visual showings of erasing things from existence, just blowing shit up.

3. I don't believe that turning yourself two-dimensional means that you are intangible for one, and secondly, doesn't Link obtain the ability to become 2-D because of a Ravio's Bracelet? Which is an item, and therefore, should be in the item section, not the innate abilities section.
1. It wasn't in twilight princess I believe. composites be like that sometimes.

2. Link has a different justification for EE resistance now, I just haven't updated it yet.

3. You're right, I'll switch it.

I will unlock the Link (Composite) page. Tell me here when you are done.

ZephyrosOmega said:
1. It wasn't in twilight princess I believe. composites be like that sometimes.

2. Link has a different justification for EE resistance now, I just haven't updated it yet.

3. You're right, I'll switch it.
1.Then where is it from?

I used Twilight Princess as an example of a counter feat, but my main question was asking where does the resistance come from in the first place.

2. Okay, but what's the new justification?

Back