• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren Valion said:
After analyzing the trailer for an hour - I think that Zelda might be the playable character in this game with Link being the one who is captured.
Maybe we will be able to use both Link and Zelda.

Warren Valion said:
After analyzing the trailer for an hour - I think that Zelda might be the playable character in this game with Link being the one who is captured.
Well, this is interesting. Though I doubt they would do it for the whole game, segments with playable Zelda aren't something bad at all.

I don't. I only hope it's going to be an awesome game. I don't care about feats. New games don't really have them anyway, especially if you consider that ALTTP is pretty much the only reason there's still hope for 3-A.

ALTTP is an awesome game. We can have both.

@Triforce: I wouldn't complain, at ALL for playable Zelda. Interesting to see if she gets her own style to differentiate for Link or follows his same puzzles and such.

Friendly reminder that this is The Legend of Zelda.

Playable Zelda is late to the party but I wholeheartely embrace the idea.

Personally, I didn't really like this Zelda and I can't say I want to play as her - I want Link to have more of a defined character.

I don't. I only hope it's going to be an awesome game. I don't care about feats. New games don't really have them anyway, especially if you consider that ALTTP is pretty much the only reason there's still hope for 3-A.

Obv the most important thing Is the game, I really want a good game like Botw but with something of the old videogames, I also want a beautiful story and dungeons. I want a new and interesting story and I also want good soundtracks, gameplay ect.. My comment about feats wasn't that serious, I don't like the Verse for his power but for his games, the atmosphere of them ect

More than what was revealed, I'm more interested about the when. Revealing it now, when there should technically still be 3 years yet following the "new 3D game every 5 years" rule, imply that either this game is going to come out sooner than what we're expecting, or that we're going to receive at least an year of silence before new information is revealed.

It's also interesting revealing it at a time where people were mainly hyped about LA, as revealing it now makes it steal the spotlight from the new game.

inb4 the game takes place entirely at night

Could not necessary be in horror or mind screws though, it could also go for a tragic outcome. Can't speak yet, but BotW was kind of brutal with Zelda in that regard wasn't it?

I don't think the game will be mind-bendy, but I think it might be more demonstrative in terms of the horror aspect. The trailer definitely showed that with Ganondorf as a whole. If it does play into mind-bending, I think Link will actually be on the receiving end considering amnesia and PTSD and him seeing Ganondorf alive and well again might...not sit well with him. Plus who knows what Ganondorf can do in this installment. I just hope he isn't mindless due to him being currently undead.

I do hope that the story will be more focused, especially with Ganondorf being brought back and clearly the thing of focus from the trailer.

Credit to Zeltik for discovering this, that green energy shown in the trailer appears to possibly form letters from the Gerudo alphabet. Notice the highlighted one closely resembles the J in the alphabet. Can't quite tell what the other ones may be since the energy moves just a bit too much.

Screenshot 20190612-103927 YouTube

Dust Collector said:
Credit to Zeltik for discovering this, that green energy shown in the trailer appears to possibly form letters from the Gerudo alphabet. Notice the highlighted one closely resembles the J in the alphabet. Can't quite tell what the other ones may be since the energy moves just a bit too much.
LOL, I was just going to say this

A closer look at the cave paintings Zelda looks at near the start of the trailer. Very clearly Ganondorf due to the Gerudo symbol and of course his iconic trident.

Screenshot 20190612-110007 YouTube

God no, please don't tell me link will have a bionic/prosthetic arm.

Why the **** is every gaming company glorifying ******* cripples these days.

Snake had a bionic arm, Sekiro had it, Nero had it, it has to stop

If you do this, **** YOU NINTENDO

I really like that concept art of his bionic Shiekah arm changing it's shape in particular. Changing his arm into a cannon that launches bombs or a hookshot would be pretty cool if they implement that in the new game, whether it be via bionic arm or the green energy just naturally giving him the ability to change his regular arm.

This concept has been overused so many times, why do companies feel the need to take a limb off a character and give him a replacement for it. this has been used way too many times lately, it's getting kind of stale.

And imo it goes way too far out of what Zelda should be.

Dust Collector said:
I really like that concept art of his bionic Shiekah arm changing it's shape in particular. Changing his arm into a cannon that launches bombs or a hookshot would be pretty cool if they implement that in the new game, whether it be via bionic arm or the green energy just naturally giving him the ability to change his regular arm.
That would be cool. Now I can imagine Link launching bombs like a cannon from his "green energy" arm.

The idea of the bionic/energy arm is not original but I like it tho.

Warren Valion said:
How does Ganon have a corspe when Calamity Ganon getting sealed away was a thing?
Where the **** is the castle going?

That music tho.

****, I am exitced. Can't wait for them to delay the game for another six years.
No idea when Ganon corpse was dead while Calamity Ganon gets Sealed for 100 years even Castle.

Video Game Logic!

Konaguna said:
Crazy ass theory, but what if Calamity ganon was just an avatar of the real ganon?
Yes that confirmed Calamity Ganon behind REAL Avavtar of Ganon.

one thing they ganondorf reincarnation supposedly due Avatars of Ganon.

I want too see the NPC's reaction to Calamity Ganon defeat, maybe everyone recognizing Link as the hylian champion/hero of the past...

Given that there are only 68 messages left, I made the next thread. Anyway, something interesting about "Demise"'s figure above, is that it has a pointed nose. Given that Demise has a flat one and the corpse lacks one in the first place, that may be a flashback to when Ganondorf got sealed there.

What do you guys think is up with Link's hand?

The green glow seems to be eating away at Link's flesh?

Any thoughts?

What's up with Link's hand

If I had to guess, it's probably related to the game's main mechanic (ALBW's painting, ALTTP's Dark World, OoT's time travel, MM's masks/cycle etc.)

TriforcePower1 said:
If I had to guess, it's probably related to the game's main mechanic (ALBW's painting, ALTTP's Dark World, OoT's time travel, MM's masks/cycle etc.)
Do you think it is more Sheikah tech or is it magic?

I really want magic tbh, tech bores the shit out of me.

What's really the difference between tech and magic besides that the latter isn't as well understood though

Probably magic. Doesn't look like Sheikah technology, and we know it's connected to the Gerudos from what Dust posted above.

Wokistan said:
What's really the difference between tech and magic besides that the latter isn't as well understood though
Magic is the altering of aspects of reality using ethereal energies while technology is creating tools to do the same purpose.

Magic feels so much more unique and mysterious to me.

Like, anyone can use a flamethrower to spew fire, right? It's whatever.

But summoning fire through magic? Now that's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back