• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you guys think it's going to come out?

If I had to guess, I would say late 2020/the first half of 2021. It would explain why no date was released as it could be both, and SS was announced in e3 2010 and came out late 2011, I think something like this may happen here, too. BOTW also got announced in 2014 and was supposed to come out in 2015 before they decided to wait for Switch.

IF they're reusing the same Hyrule map and models it should take them at most half as much as they needed for Botw

Okay, this is something I should have brought up a lot of time ago, but I admittedly forgot about it till now. The Master Sword may not only be exactly the "Blade of Evil's Bane", but also the "Blade of Demon's Bane". The Japanese version mentions more than once this aspect, something that was strangely removed for the most part in NoA's translation:

Japanese: "I've heard that the Master Sword is also one of those, a sword specially forged to oppose those with demonic powers."

English: "The Master Sword, a mighty blade forged against those with evil hearts, is one of them."

(Old Woman in ALTTP)

Japanese: "You pulled the anti-demon sword, the Master Sword, from the Pedestal of Time... That was the final key to the Sacred Land."

English: "The Master Sword--the evil-destroying sword that you pulled out of the Pedestal of Time--was the final key to the Sacred Realm."

(Rauru in OoT)

This is also especially remarked in TP's dialogue with Zelda:

Japanese: "In this world, just as there is light that illuminates the darkness, there exists a power that repulses demonic powers. [...] There lies sleeping the blade of demons' bane, the Master Sword, crafted by the ancient sages. The Master Sword is a sacred blade that evil ones can never touch. You, however, should be able with that sword to cleave the demon who cloaks your body."

English: "Our world is one of balance. Just as there is light to drive away darkness, so, too, is there benevolence to banish evil. [...] There you will find the blade of evil's bane that was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages: the Master Sword. The Master Sword is a sacred blade that evil can never touch. Evil cloaks you like a dark veil...and that blade is the only thing that can cleave it."

This is also supported in BOTW, where the Master Sword doesn't react to Kohga, who, despite being an idiot, is undoubtedly evil, while it reacts to corrupted Guardians, who, despite being mindless and as such neither "good" or "evil", have Ganon's demonic influence.

Interesting, but being Mindless doesn't quite mean they aren't evil.

That's not the point though...

Also, new theory: Link in this game gets killed by Ganondorf. By getting hit by his Forward Smash at 20%

Warren Valion said:
Definitely interesting, though it doesn't surprise me that Twilight Princess gets referenced a lot. This was the game Eiji Aonuma went to the most went developing Breath of the Wild.

It makes me curious how he grew his hair or how he got there and did Ganondorf ever know that his wound would cause the Malice to grow as strong as it did.

Yeah but like, is this canon? The timeline's been screwed since BotW anyway. Even if it's not, it's a canon sequel to Crypt of the Necrodancer so how do we scale Cadence?

The real cal howard said:
Yeah but like, is this canon? The timeline's been screwed since BotW anyway. Even if it's not, it's a canon sequel to Crypt of the Necrodancer so how do we scale Cadence?
It's clearly not canon.

Scale Cadence and the gang to whatever feats are in the game - not from Zelda.

If it were canon, what era do you think it would be? I think it's in the Era of Light and Dark as that's definitely ALTTP Link.

If it were canon, what era do you think it would be? I think it's in the Era of Light and Dark as that's definitely ALTTP Link.
ALBW because it is the newer, fresher ALLTP.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that if she has feats in that game, we can use those for Cadence of Hyrule, given that the latter is canon to the former.

That sounds fine.

Of course, now someone has to play through Crypt of the Necrodancer in order to find feats to scale the verse from.

Some time between A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds. Link and Princess Zelda's design resembles those of ALTTP, but Impa is not an Old Woman and her design is from Hyrule Warriors, so, it has to be before ALBW.

So Aonuma revealed that the Breath of the Wild sequel started out as ideas for DLC but due to how many new ideas they had they decided to make a new game instead.

Konaguna said:
Right... any news or ideas what year it might release?
Honestly, I see it releasing late next year. Breath of the Wild 2 is basically Zelda's equivalent to Super Mario Galaxy 2: started out as DLC that eventually turned into it's own game. Considering that most of the work for the sequel was done in the first game, I can't see them take nearly as much time.

Yeah, it's not the first time Zelda made a direct sequel with a similar style OoT to MM did it, PH to ST also did something similar. BotW 2 will probably have its own title eventually.

There's also Awakening to Oracle.
That reminds me.

Since the change in the Oracle games placement in the timeline was moved to after Link's Awakening - is it fair to consider the Link in that game to be a different Link, and not the Hero of Legend?

The art style is different from ALTTP and LA's, and said style depicts Link as much younger than he is portrayed in both ALTTP and LA.

And IIRC, Zelda in the Oracle games states she never met Link before (or something like that), which would definitely not be the case if this Link and Zelda are the same ones from ALTTP and LA.

I heard something about the possibility of them being different.

Yeah Triforce is telling me that but I really don't wanna make another profile. Plus according to the timeline, the Oracle games take place before Awakening, so there can't be two Links roaming around at once.

The bright side is that Nightmare could be comparable to Complete Triforce users and ALLTP Link would just be a solid Tier 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back