• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the General Discussion

I know that, it was only a joke given this is a fun and games board.

By the way, even the "the game doesn't imply this!" bandwagon might not be legit.

Majora announces, seconds or minutes before Link and the others are transported to its universe, that it "shall consume all that there is!" (or something like that)

You can't seriously take a line like that seriously.

That has the vailidty of someone saying, "I am invincible!"

Also, the quote is "I shall consume...consume everything".

Which implies that Majora hasn't already consumed everything - which would suggest that Majora doesn't have control over everything in Termina.

As I have said many times about this whole debacle; on its own without anything else, I'd never take it as indication that he is capable of consuming the entire universe.

When paired with the other scans - that's when I take it as universal. Especially when you consider the context; immediately after this scene, Link and others follow him to a parallel world that contains stars and is implied by the guide to be of universal size, which then collapses upon his defeat.

Also, basic reading comprehension and common sense come at play here. "Consume" in this context means destroy. Of course he hasn't already consumed everything - he has merely corrupted it.

Kepekley23 said:
As I have said many times about this whole debacle; on its own without anything else, I'd never take it as indication that he is capable of consuming the entire universe.
When paired with the other scans - that's when I take it as universal. Especially when you consider the context; immediately after this scene, Link and others follow him to a parallel world that contains stars and is implied by the guide to be of universal size, which then collapses upon his defeat.
Majora's dimension contains a star, not multiple ones.

Did I imply it contained multiple stars (on-screen)? "Stars" is just a general term.

If you want to nitpick a specific word of my post and ignore everything else I said, go ahead, though.

Kepekley23 said:
Did I imply it contained multiple stars (on-screen)? "Stars" is just a general term.
If you want to nitpick a specific word of my post and ignore everything else I said, go ahead, though.
By using a words plural form, you imply a multiplicity. How was I supposed to know that you weren't implying that?

And I ignored everything else you wrote because I am so ******* tired of debating this topic, and that's not was the point of my comment.

Kepekley23 said:
By the way, even the "the game doesn't imply this!" bandwagon might not be legit.
Majora announces, seconds or minutes before Link and the others are transported to its universe, that it "shall consume all that there is!" (or something like that)
I have the direct scan for that, he says he'll consume everything Tatl here states he was trying to destroy everything around him https://youtu.be/bbxqVNqkT8c?list=PLF41D831CF4427BE5&t=1083

States here he'll consume everything https://youtu.be/bbxqVNqkT8c?list=PLF41D831CF4427BE5&t=1151

Sooo, just found out Link finally got upgraded to 3-A. Just wanted to pop over and say congratulations to you, guys, great work! Been out of touch with Zelda and the wiki itself aside some specific things so I don't know the details, but still, after so much struggle you made it!

TartaChocholate said:
Sooo, just found out Link finally got upgraded to 3-A. Just wanted to pop over and say congratulations to you, guys, great work! Been out of touch with Zelda and the wiki itself aside some specific things so I don't know the details, but still, you made it after so much struggle!
Not so fast, it's still being discussed wheteht it should be kept. Kepekley has made some good point while Azzy also does his best for the consistency. We'll see how it plays out.

Yeah, it's kind of still being debated. But it can hopefully be resolved soon.

What is one of your secret hopes for the game? I would honestly like to see a Zelda game that's completely underground, as it's the only place we haven't explored yet in Zelda (not counting Subrosia). We've already explored the sea in Wind Waker and the Sky in Skyward Sword, so I'm honestly looking forward to it.

A Zelda game that takes place almost entirely underground sounds quite cool. The Sea travel, Sky travel, and trains were all attempted so an underground tunneling sounds pretty innovative. Though, I know some people thing a Sci-Fi Zelda game would be fun, but I feel like that would shy away from what makes it Zelda.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Scaling from that one Medallion thing from A Link to the Past. And also, those profiles looks great.
Also, this is interesting
Not really.

The different timelines in Hyrule Warriors clearly show the three different points in the different timelines placed into a different timeline.

The three timelines aren't perfectly converged like how they seemingly are in BOTW, not to mention all the timeline shenanigans in HW is reversed at the end of the game.

The game clearly isn't part of the main Zelda canon.

I know that, it was just a fun video that I though I'd share. Warriors is non-canon no matter what for sure because Nintendo said so.

I saw the video when Dust asked me to look it up. And I remember that guy from his Octopath Traveler character list. Which I'm more than halfway done making the profiles for that game.

Back