• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the General Discussion

It's not because Rupees contain magical power, but because they're "Proof of faith", the latter being the source of their power.

A new 3-A Majora thread huh? Gonna keep close tabs on it. Also nice finds on the stuff in that book, nice new lore and abilities galore in that thing.

Since the difference between his comment and the threads creation is an hour apart - so no, it probably wasn't.

It actually was, he was just foreshadowing my thread

So here's a question, what do you think is the best look for each of the main trio in the series? For me Ganondorfs best look is his human design in Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time for his beast form, Skyward Sword for Zelda, and Breath of the Wild for Link.

Dust Collector said:
So here's a question, what do you think is the best look for each of the main trio in the series? For me Ganondorfs best look is his human design in Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time for his beast form, Skyward Sword for Zelda, and Breath of the Wild for Link.
OOT for Ganon.

TP for Link and Zelda.

1.- Ganondorf and Ganon: Ocarina of Time.

2.- Princess Zelda: Twilight Princess.

3.- Link: Ocarina of Time/Breath of the wild/Hyrule Warriors.

Dust Collector said:
Ganondorf: WW Link: Botw Zelda: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Speaking of design, this was a rough design for the spirit that resurrects your horse.

4BDC5F28-D33A-49E1-B278-38653F6F5D7E
I'm so glad they changed it

FBBB5A08-BF0C-48C5-AA9E-CA91BB84BF0C
New info on Purah. She's Impa's older sister and the oldest Sheikah alive.

94E7F17E-BE6B-4692-8AB2-0186EFEB5160
Okay, lol what? "Clothes with Sheikah technology against rain and thunder"? Have these guys ever heard of an umbrella?

I don't even know what's going one here. And the Centaur image may be weird, but I don't think it's inappropriate.

I admit it certainly doesn't feel likely. I'm not completely sure about a playable Zelda, but she was playable in Spirit Tracks, so... just play that game?

I agree, it doesn't seem likely from the trailer. If anything, it is likely the opposite.

In the trailer, we see Link and Zelda get separated as the ground gives way, and Zelda remains with Ganon's corpse which begins to wake up from his seal (and don't get me started on the lunacy that people believe Ganon will be a good person in this game, like did you even watch the trailer? He's clearly still evil). This is clearly showing Zelda being kidnapped to me. And since she doesn't have any more magical power - she can't fight back.

And then through in all the symbolism in the trailer with the Zonai, Farore, and the likely new combat mechanic with the hand - I am almost completely certain that this story will be nearly entirely focused on the Hero/Link's story.

Which would be the anthesis of BOTW, which when you break it down, was Zelda's game - she was the real hero there. She's the one who goes on a journey she's the one who is struggling the most, she is the one who makes the big sacrifices, and she is the one who beats Ganon in the end. Link takes a back seat in that game.

And if all the symbolism is to be believed, I think that this is the game that will probably flesh BOTW Link's character more. For me, it is now Link's time to shine. Which I am really down for, tbh.

Not to mention, what would Zelda even bring to the table?

She can't use magic any more, she isn't a swordswoman - she has no combat capabilities. It's not like Spirit Tracks were she had an unique purpose of possession.There is nothing to make playing Zelda intetersting, she would either be able to do nothing like Ashley from Resident Evil 4, or just be an interchangeable model for Link - which I would find boring, honestly.

It's weird because I feel like I am the only person who doesn't want to play as Zelda, more specifically, this Zelda.

Warren Valion said:
So what are your thoughts on a playable Zelda?

Do you think it is likely, do you even want it?
This. I think is unlikely this to happen, but I keep dreaming on that day. I love Princess Zelda and its my dream to play as her in one canon game. I hate it when they put four Links in a multiplayer when they have a lot interesting characters like Princess Zelda, Impa or even Ganondorf could temporarily join forces with the heroes to defeat a greater threat. Hyrule Warriors show us a little bit of this aspect and it was really awesome to play as Princess Zelda and Ganondorf. Of course, I think this will never happen, because a Zelda game will always be about Link, but I would love to see a playable Zelda once in which she is not dead.

Warren Valion said:
It's weird because I feel like I am the only person who doesn't want to play as Zelda, more specifically, this Zelda.
Who would want to play as Zelda anyway? She's literally the most boring bland reoccurring character the series has ever spawned.

The old Japanese trailers; the live action one with female link and the puppet one for Awakening.

I just remembered that there's offical artwork of Link praying to Jesus and I had to post it here. It's from a japenese guide for ALTTP, I believe the artwork is a leftover from the initial plans of having Christianity being the main religion of the series.

Qstw2i54kni21

Yeah, Zelda does have a cross cultural reference. And the Golden Goddesses were originally intended to be the Holy Trinity. The Mario/Zelda picture also looks cool, as I always felt 7'6" was downplaying Ganon's size. Even regular Ganondorf looked eyeballed at being 10-11 feet in Twilight Princess.

Back