• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Lady of Pain (Dungeons and Dragons) Regenerationn Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
She has Regenerationn (High-Godly, can survive the collapse of all 4-D space) in her restricted form. So, most likely it has been avatar did the feat and her true form is around 5-D anyway. Also, in the verse, power deities tend to use avatars for their lower selves, hence it is most likely The Lady of Pain's used an avatar as well.

Henceforth, High-Godly makes less sense if it is her restricted self being affected and Occam's Razor would reject High-Godly. Her true self would be alright and her true-self could probably have created a restricted avatar that she always bring back anyway. Besides, most avatars have Type 8 Immortality based on what they embody. I am fine with Mid-Godly scaling from other deities.

It's not an avatar, it's her, she doesn't have avatars, by the same logic, Base Goku is just an avatar of SSJ1 Goku, and so on.

The LoP doesn't have avatars or a true form, she just has herself.

And the LoP isn't a God, so you can not compare them, she's only even speculated to be a Ancient Brethren.

So no occrum's razor, as your knowledge of the LoP is inherently wrong.

Also, she doesn't bring anything back, because she cannot die in the game, she's literally impossible to kill inverse.

Tanking something =/= regen, so unless it's actually closer to regen than tanking I agree. If it's actually regen then it should be reworded to be more specific.

Though I also don't like the idea of downgrading a character while a post about them is still open, so i'd personally hold off on adding this until she's not being used in any matches.

LukaSolosYourVerse said:
Tanking something =/= regen, so unless it's actually closer to regen than tanking I agree. If it's actually regen then it should be reworded to be more specific.

Though I also don't like the idea of downgrading a character while a post about them is still open, so i'd personally hold off on adding this until she's not being used in any matches.
I'm fairly certain it's fine to make CRTs while threads are happening

Neutral. Also yeah CRTs are fine to happen while other shit is happening.

On one hand, Udl is right (if nobody knew, Udl is the LoP guy, I'm the general D&D guy- Lady is from Planescape, a setting I've never played in). This isn't an avatar, it really is just herself but weakened, restricted, since her true power would indeed instantly break everything everywhere by just walking in.

On the other, the way she works is weird since literally every creature in the game would have to make an avatar to perform this- though she is never stated to have one and she's a bit special.

If Udlmaster is the most knowledgeable person about this, we should probably listen to him.

Antvasima , I understand it just that I don't think there any other characters with High-Godly Regenerationn that could be used for scaling near The Lady of Pain (Dungeons and Dragons) level. Futhermore, regardless of her 2-A value, she still could have have survived the 4-D collapse with her true form so High-Godly looks likely unlikely with the Occam's razor.

Note "could" not "did".

This is basically contrarianism for its own sake, as this is unfounded within the statements and scenario, as it never states that she goes true form, mostly because she would have destroyed the multiverse and would have one shot vecna at the same time, as is her power, and something like the LoP going true form is a big thing, which again, was never stated to happen.

" Note "could" not "did"" still matters. This case is the most iffy High-Godly Regenerationn case that I ever saw on the wiki, in my opinion. There are numerous points that shows she would have survive anyway as why her Regenerationn wouldn't be High-Godly and be rejected Occam's razor.

Question, is there any statement that says she "Reformed" or "Regenerated" or "Put herself back together" after the collapse?? Or is it just that she "Survived"???

Cuz if it's the former then it's High-Godly but if it's the latter then it's only a Dura Feat

I am too overworked, so I will have to unsubscribe to this thread. My apologies.

RM97 said:
Question, is there any statement that says she "Reformed" or "Regenerated" or "Put herself back together" after the collapse?? Or is it just that she "Survived"???
Cuz if it's the former then it's High-Godly but if it's the latter then it's only a Dura Feat
I agree with this point. If there is no specific statement, High-Godly would be rejected.

The implication is that she would've survived, with no greater detail on how she would do so.

Then I'd downgrade her. Qawsed is generally reliable in terms of knowledge on D&D. Usually I'd say "Get Udl" since he's the Planescape Man but this should be fine.

The endings with the multiverse getting destroyed are

• LoP goes Super Saiyan Snek and blows up the multiverse with her presence
  • Vecna wins, collapses the multiverse, doesn't ascend and he/the Serpent/her are part of the next multiverse
  • Same as above but Vecna ascends and no being is capable of challenging his rule
She lives, but it doesn't go into detail if she lived with regen like Vecna/The other gods or if she can just withstand it like with Asmodeus' 2e origin.

If she gets downgraded then the serpent also needs to be downgraded afaik.

Yeah Serpent, being the vague bastard that he is, scales pretty much entirely to LoP/Vecna.

Not that Serpent gets used at all, but still.

The Serpent only had Mid-Godly Regenerationn and Nullification scaling so it is fine, to me.

I finished the edits and if I am right then I think this thread closed now.

Alrighty, here goes. Closing thread, if anyone has any objections feel free to ask me directly on my wall to re-open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back