• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Knights of Hope and Time ~ Cole MacGrath vs Dave Strider

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Dave grunted and groaned as the buzzing of his glasses woke him up. His joints were still stiff from his ill advised nap on the couch. Apparently even Gods could get cramps. Joy. Dave shoved his shades back onto his face, pressing the button to open the chatlogs so he could respond to whoever is pestering him.

[TT] began pestering [TG]

[TT]: Good evening, Dave. I have a matter of no small importance to discuss with you. Contact me when you're up.

[TG]: yo.

[TT]: That was certainly faster than I expected.

[TG]: well shit am i too early? didn't know you'd expect me to be in hibernation. guess ill come back later.

[TT]: It's quiet alright. I'm afraid I don't have time to engage in our usual back and forth banter. Come to my room, I'll explain everything there.

[TT] ceased pestering [TG]

Dave sighed and pushed himself up. Knowing his life, it was likely just another curveball fate had thrown his way before they could get to the finish line. Oh, well. Time to see wgat the big issue was.

~

"Alright, I'm here. Hit me with whatever it is that's coming to **** us over like we're the comic relief in a Disney villain standing over a cliff. I'm gonna take a wild guess and saw we're like Frollo about to be hurled into a pit of molten lava in a fit of cosmic irony." Rose's smile quirked a bit despite the serious situation. Dave always did have a habit of overly complex metaphors. "It's sad that has every time I need to tell you something, you assume it's bad news. Sad but accurate at least."

"So, hit me. What's the bad news this time? We not gonna be able to beat Lord English in this run?"

"No, actually. We very likely will, but it's what comes after that poses a problem."

"What comes after? Shit, you're telling me there's even MORE after we beat the big bad?"

"It's... a long story, so I'll give you the short version. A future version of John travelled back to warn us about a terrible future that would happen after we beat Lord English. He says that he was instructed by Future Me to tell Past Me all about it so that we, that is to say, all of our current selves, could prevent it."

"You know, despite being the Knight of Time, it sometimes feels like I'm doing the least time traveling around here."

"All you need to know for now, is that we need more Players, and you're going to go get one."

"Uh, how? I can't exactly go back to Earth and tell some guy 'hey, wanna play this cool video game'. Well, not without making a huge mess anyways."

"You're not going to go back to our Earth. You're going to their Earth. With this." Rose tossed Dave a small, handheld device. "Future John gave it to me. It'll allow you to travel to alternate timelines where SBURB doesn't happen, and therefore the would-be players never get a chance to become Players."

"Wait, those exist?"

"Like I said, it's a long story. I'd tell you more, but we're on a time crunch. That device is set to the timeline you need to go to. Press the green button to go travel there, and the red button to travel back. Your targets are Cole MacGrath and Zeke Dunbar. Prioritize bringing back Cole, by the time you get there, he'll be about to die."

"Woah, woah, slow down. Where are they? What do they look like? What am I supposed to tell them?"

"I don't know, honestly. Future John couldn't exactly stick around to explain it. I'll explain why later. Ask around, Cole's a celebrity so you should be able to find him pretty quick if you ask."

"Okay, well, what can you tell me."

"You're going to a world where the game doesn't exist. As a result, you likely won't be God-Tier when you get there, nor will you be able to summon your Sprite. However, supernatural powers do exist there, so you'll at least have those at your disposal."

Dave would've sighed again if his sister wasn't in the room. More complicated bullshit in a life already filled with it. Dave pushed the button and disappeared.

~

Dave watched the chaos happening in the church yard. Evidently, it really wasn't hard to find Cole. Mainly, because he was fighting a giant lava mobster infront of a cathedral.

BOOM!

The giant fire monster roared and collapsed to its knees and Cole slowly floated down. "The guy who just won, that's Cole right?" Dave whispered to another spectator. "Yeah, man! He's the Electric Man! He saved us!" The man yelled back happily. "Alright, cool, thanks." Dave said, before shoving his way out of the crowed of concerned and awed civilians that had exited their homes to watch.

Cole was talking to some blue haired lady now abd Dave strained his ears to listen. "I was... I am scared." She said. "I am too..." Cole said, almost to soft hear. Cole walked away and began to pump his energy into some kibd of device. Dave's stomach dropped as he realized that this was it. If he was going to bring Cole back alive, he needed to step in. Now.

Dave dashed forward, his hairs standing on end as they approached the epicenter of an electric vortex. Dave's sword appeared in his hands as Cole's eyes widened in suprise. Dave swung straight for the device in Cole's hands, but Cole pulled away at the last second. Cole pressed his palm directly into Dave's chest before he could recover and blaster a blue bolt directly into his rib cage. Dave flipped away from the force of the hit, landing deftly on his feet and holding his sword in a ready stance. "Who the hell are you?" Cole asked in obvious exasperation. "Look, man, I wish I could explain, but there's no time. But I need you alive and to come with me." Cole's look steeled abd he put the RFI on his back. "Yeah, no. I don't have time for whatever crap you're trying to sell me. Back off."

~

Both at High 7-A.

RFI Cole.

Starting distance is 20 meters.

Speed Equalized.

Cole-macgrath-psallstars
Sometimes I hear people talking about Conduits and Humans like they're totally different. That's bullshit. Cause there ain't nobody with more Humanity than Cole MacGrath.

vs.
Dave Strider Knight of Time

20 meters is a massive issue for Cole due to Dave's skill advantage with a blade.

What else can Dave do?

To be fair, Cole can just... fly away.

His biggest thing is Time Clones. He can summon so many that it's kinda insane. This guy made a company so big that it monopolized an entire planet's economy and staffed it entirely with time clones. Not sure what else he has that can threaten Cole though.

Of course, Cole can incap a bunch at the drop of a hat with his grenades, because Dave's lifting strength sucks, so it balances out.

A planets worth of clones sounds like a problem. Sure, Cole has infinite energy to work with, but given that this guy outskills Cole to heck and back, if they dogpile him it will be really bad. Though Cole can counter with AoE lightning aura and ionic freeze to incap him and the clones before they overwhelm him with numbers.

What does Dave have in terms of dealing with range range? All I'm seeing is standard melee range. Sure they're starting in close corners, but like you said, Cole can just fly away and start carpet bombing the area.

Nothing really, aside from maybe having Daves team up to throw other Daves.

Dave could try and counter flight just by jumping or climbing buildings.

That first method might work, but given Cole's passive lightning aura and shockwaves, I kinda doubt this will be all that effective.

Second one sounds like Cole's numerous experience with using parkour to outmaneuver enemies lets him counter this tactic.

So are the clones equal in stats to Dave? Meaning they're equal in AP and abilities? If so, I think Cole's screwed.

Cole's only hope is to incap Dave with an Ionic Freeze or arc restraints before he creates a planets worth of clones to overwhelm him with sheer numbers. Sure, Cole can easily wipe out a horde of them with causal blasts and such, but even AoE and spam can only do so much against those numbers and skill.

Stomp or no? Cole can win if he freezes all the Daves fast enough... does that make this fair?

Before I solidify my vote for Dave, let me just ask, what is his defense against against Cole's massive rocket spam? It's very in character for RFI Cole to just spam his best attacks while flying away, and Dave, being a glass cannon, would have a hard time against the AoE blasts of the rockets (which should also have a zero gravity affect since this is good Cole).

From the dura to AP gap im seeing, Cole can possibly kill the clones as fast as Dave can make them given he has infinite energy. Infinite Precision also means he could amp his speed to snipe Dave before he makes too many clones or give himself enough speed to get some distance and rapidly carpet bomb the area.

No. In fact, Dave stumbling across dead clones of him became something of a running gag at one point.

There is no "real one". There isn't a Main Dave guiding them. They're all just Dave, completely independent of each other.

At one point, there was one Dave. He created a clone, traveled back to the past, and then died. The Dave he left behind ends up finding his body. That Dave is unaffected abd continues about his business.

"Before I solidify my vote for Dave, let me just ask, what is his defense against against Cole's massive rocket spam?"

Need this answered

Honestly leaning towards incon tbh

Even with the distance and Dave's clones, Cole's combination of Radar and Precision should help him get the distance he needs to make sure the clones don't dogpile him with their skill and numbers.

But even with the distance, flight and spam Cole still has an issue with the clones summoning clones and the fact that killing the original Dave won't do anything. He could possibly get a win if he wipes out all the clones at one with lightning storm, ionic freeze or overload burst (which can conduct through them to deal with large groups), but if Dave can make these crazy numbers of clones quickly, all of which have his skill and abilities, than I don't think it will be possible for Cole to get each and every one of them at once.

On the long term, who can outlast the other? There might be ways to wipe out the planet and make it uninhabitable, though this is Good Cole so likely OOC. The large amount of clones is just far too much for anyone.

Now tempted to toss this fella at Ha

Yeah gonna go tie to play it safe. I wanna say Dave or even risk saying Cole can grow strong enough to be overwhelming for Dave due to infinite recharge, but yeah, gonna say tie is safer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back