• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Immortal Emperors, Vitiate and Rashek

The Lord Ruler against Lord Vitiate.

Battle Specefications
The environment will be an open plain, with no cover nearby. Vitiate will be in his post-ritual of Nathema and the Lord Ruler will have full metalminds. The are both in-character.

Votes
The Lord Ruler:

Lord Vitiate: 1(O.m.nikk)

Inconclusive:

Sadly I know close to nothing about Vitiate (I hope that somebody will correct my mistakes), but here is what I think about.

The main problem for Rashek is an absence of weapon. Using metallic projectiles won't do much against Force user, as they would be seen by precognition or won't even scratch the body. Mental pressure also will be useless, so he is forced to fight in meele range with his fists (against a lightsaber user, sounds funny). Even if we assume that the use of Electrum (ability to see user's own future) will nulify Force user precognition, which will give Rashek full power of Atium's precognition, he is still at major disadvantage. His only option - to use really heavy punches provided by allomantic and feruchemic pewter (Hulk-like appearance) with feruchemically enhanced mass and speed of his own body. I don't think that this will be enough, though taking a punch in the head from a person with mass more than 1000 tons sounds dangerous. If we assume that Rashek has duralumin (all-in, full power in mere moments), punch will be hundreds times harder, though it will be only one punch.

On the other hand Vitiate has telekinesis, which, I assume, can be used to remove metalminds from the Lord Ruler. Lightsaber can melt metalminds; it will cut the flesh with ease. For the line "Can drai others of their psychic presences, minds and souls or strip them of their powers before driving them insane with his mere presence" Rashek is resistant because of the healing abilities: it was stated, that feruchemic healing can also heal the soul (shard-dead limbs). If speed is not equalized, then Vitiate will have his victory for sure. If equalized, he is still able to come up with tactics to hit Rashek and force him to spend his feruchemical and allomantic resources until the end.

TL;DR : Vitiate will win if he can withstand really hard punches and able to deflect metallic projectiles.

Sorry for any mistakes, my English is quite bad.

No mistakes. One thing I'd like to point out is the fact that equalizing speed would actually be better for Vitiate, since it would negate the Lord Ruler's ability to hop around with minerals in the earth. Vote counted.

In Vitiate's profile it is stated that his speed is relativistic, which is far higher than Rashek can afford, so I thought it that way.

Just hypothetically, if we assume that Lord Ruler has each of 16 metals and has them as fully charged metalminds, there are possible tricks up his sleeve with speed bubbles and duralumin/aluminum interaction, plus luck manipulation. But since they will not be demonstrated by Brandon for another decade, it is impossible to tell how they can be used.

I'm curious what the extent of The Lord Ruler's mind manipulation resistance is, because Vitiate can mentally subjugate Jedi Masters just by being near them.

Does he even have mental manipulation resistance? I don't recall anything like that in the metallic arts, except for emotional manipulation, which can only be magically blocked by aluminum.

Burning copper creates the copper cloud, hiding use of powers within and shielding the mind of the burner. The shielding can only be bypassed by a person using a copper mistings's hemalurgic spike to bypass mind manip resistance.

Ruler's presence causes thousands of peoples to feel complete apathy just by standing near him, and when he actually focuses on someone the effect is exponentially greater.

Regardless though, this seems like a stomp. A 5-B vs a 5-A with most of what he's got except better?

Ah, right, copper.

Actually, I think the Lord Ruler needs an upgrade. He should have infinite speed and infinite strength, as well as infinite mental capacity and infinite amounts of any feruchemical metal available to him.

This is an interesting battle, and i'm pretty sure it's not too late to bump it.

On the topic of the fight, the only thing I really have to say is, Rashek would have more then big punches to fight with. Rashek would be able to push and pull on any metal on Vitiate's body, including his light saber (those are metal right?). Vitiate would constantly be fighting with Rashek just keep hold on his light saber, unless he abondoned it altogather.

I was actually informed of something in Magneto VS LR that I want to bring up.

LordAnomanderRake said:
Well, 5B Lord Ruler effectively posses the power of a Shard for a limited amount of time. An unchecked Shard (without an opposing Shard present) is basically the God of a given planet. Think of it as looking down on the planet itself and playing Total War/Black & White. Even though he has no experience wielding that power, and metal in large quantities blinds the Shardholder, TLR would not have to see Magneto to move the planet closer to the sun of the system. Or even create a few hundred volcanoes on the planet. He can also reality warp, but it's uncertain if he could directly turn Magneto into a marshmallow. I also don't see any way Magneto can hurt him in this form, as he is incorporeal.
How true is all of this? It may be important here.

All of it pretty much. Rashek, in order, Shifted the planet closer to the sun, created the Ashmounts, volcanos that constanly spewed ash into the sky to block out most of the sunlight, changed the plants to survive in the new ashy enviroment, altered animals(+human) to the same extent, and created microbs to decompose the ash faster then normal. He also used the knowlage gained from the experince to create two new races via Hemalurgy after the power receded.

Edit: It's been awile since i've read the books, so i might have missed somthing, but I got the main points. I don't know if it was to the same extent, but wen Vin aquired te same power permnantly, she did have that Total War style view, and her body was nonexsitant.

Rashek did not have even close to the full power of Preservation (the shard). That is explicity stated, along with the comment along the lines of "there is a reason he only called himself the sliver of infinity". That being said, he did still do everything else you said.

Additionally, metal in large quantities does not blind Rashek. That weakness is specifically for Ruin, while Rashek is using the power of Preservation.

And there is nothing saying Rashek is incorporeal when using this sliver of Preservation's power. Again, he's only using a tiny bit of its power, he is not actually a full Vessel.

I thought he was using Ruin's power. Preservation's power was the mist's. That's why vin get's Persevation power in the end. She was absorbing the mist = she was absorbing Preservation. Ruin was imprsoned in the well of Ascension, therefore Rashek used Ruin's power.

The Well of Ascension was Preservation's Shardpool, kind of like... A condensed mist. Not all of Preservation's power was in the Mists; if it were, then he wouldn't have been able to do anything at all to counter Ruin. In addition, if the Well was Ruin's Shardpool, then the Pits of Hathsin shouldn't exist. Neither should Scadrial either, because Rashek would probably have destroyed it after taking the Well's power.

The question is irrelevant anyways; by full power, I simply meant not disadvantaged in any way, not that Rashek would have the Well's power. I should change the wording on that...

Well, without the well, I'd say you could probably cap Rashek at High 7-B, maybe even push to 7-A with compunded strength. He could easily destroy an entire city made of metal with is metal telekinisis. Like I said earlier Vitiate would have to constantly fight just keep hold of his light saber. My question is what key are you using for Vitiate, cause none of them say True Body like you specified and I only know the first trilogy.

TLR would destroy Vitiate's lightsaber far before it is a factor.

TLR coming against another being who is a known threat would not wait around...Full Metalminds in Kredik Shaw is essentailly an infinite amount of investiture of -any type- for TLR. Tapping Connection/Identity resists mind control. Their speed being equalized, then the question falls to Can Vitiate survive without metals in his blood? With the power of the Well then he has full control and capacity to remake and destroy an entity.

Which puts him well within the range to completely make himself immune to the force...since he granted himself Allomancy rather than burning Lerasium. There are creatures with full immunities to the force, and he has a good amount of time to do such..with time bubbles and mental alacrity.

Not to mention, sheer luck is on his side.

It also depends if he has the full power of Investiture that is introduced in future Mistborn books...when wearing the BoM which replicated TLR's power...you can see that Wax is -brutal-. Allomancy and Ferruchemy have a good answer to most everything...especially if you have no limits on them.

Back