• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Why are we assuming that HW Triforce = LoZ Triforce?

Did the HW Triforce have any feats or statements putting it on the same level?

Or...anything they scale to...they scale to canon LoZ despite being a different continuity entirely

I mean, it's a spinoff game, I thought we didn't scale them to actual canon

Actually, looking at the profiles, the 6-C rating seems to be scaling from Phantom Gano....because the Dark Links are....similar in nature?

and High 7-A is via assuming that HW King Dodongo = OoT King Dodongo?

The scaling for the entire game seems very strange....I thought we didn't scale things from different continuities?

The canon Zelda continuity is a different continuity from the Warrios one, it's like scaling the canon FE characters to the Warriors counterparts.

High 7-A came from the bombs, but I agree that scaling from the main canon seems iffy for Hyrule Warriors. Though to be fair, HW does have its share of impressive feats, such as using the long shot to pull the moon down; albeit one much smaller than the Majora's Mask counterpart. Not sure about Large Star level, but Ganon with the triforce was going to "destroy all of Hyrule across all timelines."

Well, King Dodongo was on Link's justification

But... pulling down the "moon" is probably quite impressive, and I don't know how quantifiable destroying Hyrule in all timeline is, I guess it depends on the timeframe and how many timelines HW has

I thought scaling non canon to canon was ok, of course not the other way around. Like anime can be scaled to manga, but not manga to anime for example.

This isn't even canon to noncanon, this is a spin-off crossover with Dynasty Warriors scaling to the actual franchise

I will ask The real cal howard to reply here.

Non canon being scaled from canon is common knowledge. The events of all the games happened in HW anyway. Huge plotpoint.

But in a difference fashion like Linkle meeting Majora, we also does not scale canon to non-canon, Ant is also aware about it.

So why don't we scale the characters to they main counterparts since we scale things like the Triforce, King Dodongo and Fierce Deity?

Anonimoe7875 said:
So why don't we scale the characters to they main counterparts since we scale things like the Triforce, King Dodongo and Fierce Deity?
We cannot, it's the same as scaling the DB Strongest Characters to their 2-B Heroes counterpart from Demigra.

Dark649 does have a point, but then how should we adjust the HW statistics?

In Hyrule Warriors characters have shown 9-A feats for defeating enemies of that size, through there could be higher feats in the 3ds version.

Isn't there a statement from Aonuma that says HW is a different dimension but the individuals that appear from other games are the ''same'' ones?

We cannot, it's the same as scaling the DB Strongest Characters to their 2-B Heroes counterpart from Demigra.

We are doing the opposite, tho? None of the canon TLoZ characters is scaled to the non-canon stuff afaik. We are only scaling the non canon ones to the canon ones (which is doable).

I am not saying we should scale canon characters to HW characters.

I am asking why we don't scale HW characters to the canon ones if we already do with King Dodongo, Triforce and Fierce Deity Mask.

We normally don't scale non-canon to canon or viceversa, we also seems to not take too much consideration on author statements like for Rick Sanchez.

The general events of the games happening doesn't mean the events happened at the same scale.Unless you want to start scaling verses with guys like Nyarlathotep to the actual Cthulhu mythos.Or to bring up a specific verse,scaling everyone in Fire Emblem to the binding blade since characters can tank hits from it in heroes and they also reference their source games in it.

Yeah, the High 7-A bombs came from Phantom Hourglass, but they never caused and explosion that big in HW. However, there are multiple decent feats in HW; probably best to calc those and use those feats to scale to the verse. Examples I can think of at Link lifting one of those giant pillars, spinning around, and performing a hammer slam. There's also pulling the moon down with the long shot; albeit the moon is much smaller than in Majora's Mask. And the Fire Rod has been shown to cause decent sized eruptions.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Because the one canon also exists within the other canon.
Ummm....the same exists in both of my other examples?Just about every story with lovecrafts characters in it at the bare minimum reference at the mountains of madness and FE heroes also directly references the main games.Which is literally the reason you are advocating scaling this spinoff to canon.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, the High 7-A bombs came from Phantom Hourglass, but they never caused and explosion that big in HW. However, there are multiple decent feats i HW; probably best to calc those and use those feats to scale to the verse. Examples I can think of at Link lifting one of those giant pillars, spinning around, and performing a hammer slam. There's also pulling the moon down with the long shot; albeit the moon is much smaller than in Majora's Mask. And the Fire Rod has been shown to cause decent sized eruptions.
This.It baffles me that this isn't how we treat the game in the first place.

Because using lovectaft doesn't mean it scales? Different authors and such. This is official.

I mean hey, if ya wanna scale heroes to the main games go ahead, I'm fine with that. I dont see much wrong There.

And I agree with cal, we do this for plenty of games, dragon ball and more. And we actually got stuff here.

....You do realize that Koei Tecmo were the actual developers,right?

Nintendos involvement in production begins and ends with them allowing koei to use the characters,collecting royaltys,and publishing the game.

Well, there's also difference from scaling adaptations from the primary canon and scaling Spin-offs/crossovers from the primary canons. There's a reason Pikmin don't have a Low 2-C key scaling from Shulk or Rosalina.

The real cal howard said:
This is literally no different than how we scale GT and the Dragon Ball games
That is a good point as well.

And that means it's not official because...?

And not quite, Aonuma had some involvement here.

Either way, the scaling here is fine, the events of the other games happened with the HW canon.

Back