• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs Sol Badguy

I would personally say Inconclusive.

The Hunter has hax like Regen Nullification and Invisibility, which might give him an advantage, but Sol is vastly superior in terms of outright skill and intellect, and might be able to find a way around these factors.

Can't Sol just one shot?

Last I checked the Hunter was only tier 4 via a specific spell, his other stats are a few septillion times weaker.

No? The EoG Hunter is High 4-C in everything, Striking Strength and Durability included. He's High 4-C for being able to kill beings who are immensely stronger than normal beings who can use A Call Beyond, which is the Tier 4 attack.

Yeah my bad, It was just that at one point he was only 4-C with Call Beyond and his other stats where only 8-C, I see that's changed since then.

But if so, probably gonna vote Hunter unless someone makes a decent argument for Sol.

I'm thinking Sol has this.

Numbing Mist prevents regen yes, but to an unknown extent. Are we assuming it can null all regen? That sounds very NLF. Even then, it's only for 30 seconds.

His mind hax likely won't work since Sol can survive within the Backyard which attacks you mind and soul simultaneously.

Sol also can summon his own minions and resurrect with the MasterGhost.

Hunter's poisons won't work since Sol as a Gear has high level resistances to poisons.

Only problem I see Sol having is Type 8. However, that depends on how long it takes.

Wow, debating on a year old thread, surprised Ovens never bumped this, it's a cool match

The Hunter can wake up from death almost immediately as it were all a dream.

Was going to bump this back then, but neither character was popular then.

What would happen if The Hunter struck Sol with the Shaman Bone Blade while Sol has minions summoned? Or what if he struck several of the minions with it?

I'm guessing Sol would shrug it off, because he's resistant to mental afflictions. If his minions turned against him that might be a problem though.

Sol via vastly higher stamina, experience, resurrection, superior range and his resistance to mental, spiritual and poison attacks. Also who has the AP and Durability advantage here?

>via ressurection

Not really an advantage when the opponent can be ripped in two and be back like nothing happened too.

Ya got a point on stamina though, gameplay mechanics or not, stamina is still a bitch.

So the Hunter has an advantage in AP and some minor hax...

Fred has an advantage in speed and intelligence...

Both can revive themselves...

This is still seeming pretty inconclusive to me

Inconclusive.

Admitedly, I have a bias against sol badguy. But he is broken for a reason. He is immune a good chunk of hax and is crazy strong (plus death battle makes me triggered everytime I hear his name), superior stamina and superior range

But Hunter has ap advantage, durability advantage, has a more versatile kit (regen null and invis) (But admitedly, I agree with Dragon. Saying his regen null is a main reason to win is nlf, but I am inclined to be favorable towards him since higher ap, but time limits make me not want to vote for his reason alone.

We added a new key for him, guess I should specify now.

KinkiestSins said:
Inconclusive.
Admitedly, I have a bias against sol badguy. But he is broken for a reason. He is immune a good chunk of hax and is crazy strong (plus death battle makes me triggered everytime I hear his name), and resistant to stamina and supeiror range

Resistant to stamina?

This is Childhood's Beginning Hunter by the way. He has everything on every key on his profile.

Back