• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Highwayman (Darkest Dungeon) vs Lady (Devil May Cry)

Aka the only Darkest Dungeon vs DMC match we can probably look at

Lady hefted her trademark Kalina Ann on her shoulder, walking through that forest was certainly time consuming not to mention those brigands and other monsters. Thankfully she handled them easily enough, it certainly seemed like this so called hamlet could do with some help. Dante gave her this job, it would be a simple trek into some ruins and blow up some random necromancer there.

It was then that a man walked onto the main path, he looked akin to a thug with his jaw covering cloth and his pistol and knife were any indication. He nodded to Lady and said "Take it your the devil hunter the heir hired?"

"Yep, from Devil May Cry. You need something?" Lady said, she shuffled Kalina Ann just in case.....

Seeing this the Highwayman said "I do actually, name's Dismas. The heir wants me to test you......" with that he aimed his pistol.

"I can't believe this, what did you sign me up for Dante?" Lady muttered as she readied her trusty weapon......

Speed is equalised, Highwayman is 9-A with optional equipment restricted. Lady of course has her 9-A stuff. SBA otherwise.

Highwayman: 0

Lady: 0

Incon: 0

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Lady_(Devil_May_Cry)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Highwayma

The Highwayman has a AP and Durability edge here so I'll ask, what does The Lady lead with?

I haven't finished Darkest Dungeon so I might comment here when I finish

Iirc she starts by blowing stuff up with Kalina Ann, I think the gap is around the 2x gap so it shouldn't be too bad.

Well he can aoe with his pistol, he could possibly shoot down Lady's missiles. Not sure how good his stealth tactics will be against homing attacks tho

I'm kinda leaning towards lady for the time being unless there's more to Higheaymans Range then I know.

Lady has multiple different forms of range, 2 SMGs, 2 pistols, and homing rocket barrage and kalin Ann herself

I'm uncertain how skilled Highwayman is however Lady herself has been killing demons for a couple decades time, and she typically never goes into CQC.

Not voting yet, just giving a heads up

Question, aren't Lady's guns save for Kalina Ann 9-B? It probably won't matter because Kalina is her main thing but just wanna ask cause if they are they probably won't harm THWM.

Not sure on that, prolly need to see what other DMC folks have to say. Well I don't think the AP/Durability gap is that large either and Dismas without prep or optional stuff doesn't have much either so there's that.

Well, Lady has 9-A Durability and her attacks with Kallina Ann are Homing Attack

I guess there is a fight here, from what I know about High from his thread against Trevor, a ranged combat against lady might not be good for him

Bump

So I gotta ask the rest of Lady's guns aren't 9-A? Granted iirc she just uses Kalina Ann a lot (Who wouldn't?)

Anyhow since speed is equalised Dismas can see the missiles coming and shoot them down with aoe grapeshots. Smth like that got discussed with the old Composite James Bond match I think. That said Dismas can try and use stealth to try and get the drop on Lady if too much dust from those misses kicks up.

Then again Lady can grapple hook away if he gets close, though considering Dismas can shoot monsters that can fly its not gonna be impossible for him to tag her if he can get the chance

I would scale her other guns up cause in the anime they work on demons if I remember correctly. And a hand gun did hurt Trish even though she healed soon after. Also Lady can shoot bullets out of the air even when they are amp by lightning pretty easily so doubt she'll be tagged by any type of gun. I think stealth should work though. I think it goes down to can Dismas get cloes enough fast enough. If yes he win. If not then eventually lady will tag him with her rockets or SMG. Also does lady get her motorcycle cause then couldn't she just drive around shooting?

Sorry I've only watch my brother play a little of Darkest dungeon so I have almost no knowledge of it.

I think the whole firearms thing needs a CRT tbh, I've not seen the anime in years but if it did legit work on demons it should warrant an upgrade. Not sure about the Trish part.

For the record stealth for Dismas is pretty good, 99% sure the guy can hide from things that have enhanced senses

Back