• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero VS The Villain: Gurren Lagann vs Ragyō Kiryüin

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
The Mecha For Me

VS

A Really Bad Mother

Rules:

-Ragyō starts in Life Fiber Domination form and can go into its second form.

-Simon is piloting Gurren Lagann alone (Pre-Timeskip Simon).

-Speed equalized.

-In-character.

-Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.

-Random encounter

-Match takes place on a random plane of land on Gurren Lagann's Earth far away from any sign of life.

(We can change the rules at any time to make the match more fair)

Score:

Gurren Lagann: 1

Ragyō Kiryüin: 1

Inconclusive: 0

Music:

Neutral Battle Theme

Gurren Lagann's Battle Theme

Ragyō Kiryüin Battle Theme

Who will win?!? Who will loose?!? JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!?!?!?!?!

Gurrenlagann-1
Shinra koketsu

Hmm could Ragyo's mind altering life fibers get through GL to Simon? I mean they can go through the skin and skull directly to the brain, but....

Im not really sure GL could anything outisde of a Giga Drill Break, which I;m fairly certain could have enough of AoE on Ragyo's body to do her in. Ragyo could do TONS of damage that due to GL's low regen in comparision to hers would hard to deal with.

Ragyo would probably tear apart the mech and pull out SImon seeing a shirmpy pathetic looking boy, and might end up letting her guard down, thinking the mech was the main power source and him just a mere pilot, then Simon stabs her with the core drill and does to her what happened to LordGenome.

I'd give to Ragyo with mid to high difficulty, if Mind Manipulation cant reach through GL or just using Post time Skip Simon or Ragyo simply doesnt see it as neccesary after tearing apart Gurren Lagann. It'd be a hard fight, even if she went to her second form.

My vote for GL. Reasons:

GL is stronger than Ragyo (Judging from the fight Ragyo vs Ryuko I can say that Raygo was much faster than Ryuko but not that much stronger. GL is like 8x stronger than Ryuko, that would make GL around 2-4x stronger than Ragyo). Consequence of this is that ragyo will have quite a hard time to destroy the mecha itself.

GL has reactive evolution. He will continuously grow stronger until he reaches a point where he can grind ragyo to dust. Raygo on the other side will stay as strong as she is.

The mind manipulation would be problematic if the fibers would reach Simon. A strong will is a basic trait of anyone with spiral power but still it would give Ragyo a solid chance to win. However GLs armor is watertight though so I am not sure if the fibers could even get in.

All in all GL mid to high dif because Ragyos regen should not be overlooked.

Da Fritzi, do you have any real evidence other than your own conjecture that Ragyo is merely slightly stronger than Ryuko when it was shown literally nothing Ryuko and Senketsu did efffected her until they willingly got in close to take a hit and absorb her powers from her? The damn scissor blades in decapitation mode clanked against Ragyo.

@AquaWaifu Valid point, that was my estimation. I assumed Ragyo to be around 2-4x as strong as ryuko, that's not slightly, that's considerably stronger. However from my experience even being 2x as strong as your opponent is enough to ragdoll him.

The scissor blade clanking off of ragyo is interesting though, her durability might be higher than I thought. However I still believe that GLs evolution will soon enough create a gap between them.

Honestly DaFritz, I'd say it comes down to whether or not Ragyo's Mind Manipulation can reach past Gurren Lagann's build to Simon inside. Assuming this is still pre-timeskip Simon here.

Back