• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ima be gone for 2 days so yea. yall can still debate i can count the votes at sunday i guess

This is literally stomp. One activates their wincon as a first move, and the other doesn’t have a move that can get him a win in the first move. If Simon did have a move that could qualify for a winning first move, then it wouldn’t be a stomp

Iron Man will probably fight the Mech for a while before relying on any specific super attack or technique right off the bat.

Which means repulsors, flight, some forcefield and energy absorption here and there while analyzing enemies.

The ring thing was pretty much temporal as you can see in the scan posted, plus being a unspecified source of energy would not make it comparable to spiral energy by any means.

tony would have to pull of some good moves before Simon REs + Empowerment’s his way to victory. Could Tony incap early on, before Simon becomes too fast and powerful?

Energy absorption would probably work, considering spiral energy is some meta-energy that can power anything mechanical and later on biological.
I just hope Tony doesn't mind his armor growing sunglasses and his operational A.I starting to talk lile an anime protagonist.

Energy absorption would probably work, considering spiral energy is some meta-energy that can power anything mechanical and later on biological.
I just hope Tony doesn't mind his armor growing sunglasses and his operational A.I starting to talk lile an anime protagonist.
Wouldn’t Simon have to actually release that energy so that Tony can absorb it in the first place? In Part 1, Simon doesn’t project his energy, besides using it for Forcefields, which he almost never uses. He only uses his energy to create stuff like drills from GL’s body. Simon’s mecha fighting style is just with pure hands, and drills and Gurren’s sunglasses every now and then. Spiral Power is also supposed to be Chi, rather than standard energy

I think the only War Machine armor weaker isn't used by Rhodey, so the match will be unaddable kek

Also New he straight up does go for the quick incap as the first move, don't think you can dismiss it that easy.
If he does go for the incap first move, then it’s a stomp, because Simon doesn’t have any kind of moves he can incap or kill someone or win against someone with in the first move. It wouldn’t be a stomp, if Simon actually had a move like this, as it depends entirely on who gets the move done first, but because he doesn’t, there’s almost no way for him to win, via being incapped without even getting anywhere close to winning

What's even the incap move anyway.

The magnetic pulse? That was a temporal thing, it's not going to short circuit the entire mech but like a fraction of it, that is just how machinery works. Plus GL can repair damage.

The sonics? He is not going pull a sonic right off the bat; See how he first analyzes the opponents abilities before countering them, see how uses different weapons for different enemies instead of the same attack against everyone.

Tony would most likely in this is to go for an EMP, hack the mech, or drain the electricity from it (If it has any).

Why we would in the first place? If it's an unspeciefied source of energy, then the least we should do is to compare it to other sources of energy.
Description given is, it is generalized form of energy, which is VERY WELL absorbable considering verse equalization.

I think you missed out on the discussion above.
The magnetic pulse? That was a temporal thing
Makluan rings aren't a temporal source, where are you getting this, I'm curious.
Plus GL can repair damage.
Rate of these repairs?
The sonics? He is not going pull a sonic right off the bat; See how he first analyzes the opponents abilities before countering them
Analysis' are done at an EXTREMELY high speed, and considering sonics are the best option here, I don't see why he won't use them.

Description given is, it is generalized form of energy, which is VERY WELL absorbable considering verse equalization.
Even verse equalization won’t work if the opposing energies don’t have similar mechanics
Rate of these repairs?
Low-Mid
Analysis' are done at an EXTREMELY high speed, and considering sonics are the best option here, I don't see why he won't use them.
then it’s stomp, because Simon doesn’t have anything like that, where he can win in one move. And in any scenario will never win, because he’ll never get anywhere close victory. It’s literally impossible for him to win

Define said dissimilar mechanics then, from the definition given, both are power sources
Both being power sources or not, the way they work have to be similar. Not all energies in fiction work the same way
That's not the rate, that's the potency
The time it takes to regenerate? I’d say almost instant, depending entirely on Willpower. Kamina was feeling extra determined to beat his enemy, and the leg of Gurren Lagann was broken, then boom, fixed

Both being power sources or not, the way they work have to be similar. Not all energies in fiction work the same way
So explain this dissimilarity
The time it takes to regenerate? I’d say almost instant, depending entirely on Willpower. Kamina was feeling extra determined to beat his enemy, and the leg of Gurren Lagann was broken, then boom, fixed
Yeah no I will straight up not buy Iron Man not using his Sonics by the second move then, very early on. There is literally no way.

I believe Tony will use a far more appropiated weapon against a giant robot, that being as I said early, a emp, a hacking attack or energy drain, rather than pulling a sonic.

He could still take out the robot long enough for him to attack Simon.

I vote for him, but for sorta different reasons.

I believe Tony will use a far more appropiated weapon against a giant robot, that being as I said early, a emp, a hacking attack or energy drain, rather than pulling a sonic.

He could still take out the robot long enough for him to attack Simon.

I vote for him, but for sorta different reasons.
counted

Back