• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
3. Wrong. SBA puts them at the highest range between the two. Link's range is meters, so that's how far they are. Dave won't let him play it and that's assuming Link'll start with that to begin with.

4. How long does it last abd how does it activate? Because I refuse to believe he has it up automatically at all times.

5. Dave doesn't need to move to make more time clones though. He can just spawn in more.

6. There's a difference between eating a ghost and eating the soul of a living person. Prove Link can do the latter.

3. Actually that was just someone forgetting to add how far his Ocarina's magic should be, like it's objectively kilometers since he can speak to Saria while he's all the way in hyrule castle while she's playing her ocarina in the lost woods. So irregardless he's going to get upgraded to actually have far higher range.

4. I never once claimed he had it up automatically, so idk why you even brought that up. Anyways hand movement. Takes around 3-4 seconds and he can use it in the midst of combat as shown in the link. In-game statements don't give it a time limit.

5. Dunno why this is relevant when he's 4 km away + his clones just continually get burned.

6. There unironically isn't, if anything eating the soul of a ghost is more impressive then eating the soul of a human purely due to what a ghost is. I don't need to prove something that's clearly obvious. That's like arguing because soul hax has only shown to harm a monster in UT it therefore can't harm a sayain from DBZ.

Also SBA assumes the minute one side has range about 4km then the range gap is 4km, quote:

"The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart."

4. That's what I wanted to know when I asked how it works. That's why I brought that up, because you didn't give me the answer I was looking for so I needed to specify.

5. Link's gonna have to try something else eventually. For every clone he paralyzes, Dave will just make ten more. Short of killing or sealing every Dave faster than they can make clones, there's nothing that stops him from just making more.

6. There unironically is. A ghost is just a soul, a human has a soul. Unless you're telling me Link can just cannibalize his way into Dave's chest and rip his soul out with his teeth, you need to prove that Link can pluck his soul from his body. The Ghostbusters can't rip souls from people with their proton packs. Also, that's a fallacy. Monsters have bodies. Bodies made of magic, yes, but still bodies. It's blatantly obvious that it can affect souls while they're still in the body. (Not even addressing how monsters can also hurt humans with their attacks because that's kinda besides the point)

GiverOfThePeace said:
Also SBA assumes the minute one side has range about 4km then the range gap is 4km, quote:

"The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart."
Dude, I know. What I didn't know was that Link had a range surpassing that.

Also, if Link could eat the souls of other people, he would've done so. Either it's not possible or it's out of character. Burden of proof is on you.

5. Hence, empathic manip. Also if none of the daves can harm him and he just din fires them away why would they remotely attempt the same strategy? From what's implied above he's supposed to be a genius in combat. No genius is using the same strategy over and over again like an insane maniac.

6. That... that doesn't refute what I said whatsoever. Yes he can affect a human's soul, just because he needs to do other methods to get to his soul doesn't suddenly equate to he can't affect a human's soul. That's cause ghostbusters specifically target an ectoplasmic energy signature, false equivalence. That's not a fallacy at all lol, it's pretty much what you're aruging. Because it's a different being therefore he can't affect their soul, which quite frankly makes no sense. Again, affecting a ghost soul would be far more impressive then affecting a human's. Also monsters are outright stated to not have physical forms in books. How does that mitigate anything? Yes, they can affect a soul... which is exactly what Link can do.

The Wright Way said:
Also, if Link could eat the souls of other people, he would've done so. Either it's not possible or it's out of character. Burden of proof is on you.
Show a single moment in Zelda where he needed to eat a soul please.

5. What other choice does he have? ....I just remembered Dave has time travel. If Link paralyzes, Dave would be all "well, that didn't work" and just send a time clone back to before Link showed up. Then he can just make a bunch of clones at the spot where Link will appear and then wait and ambush him. Snatch the Ocarina, break it, and force Link to fight him on his terms. Heck, he even did this exact thing against Diamond Droog. It didn't work because Droog is High 4-C, but he will do it.

6. Yes, it does. You just misunderstood it. Humans have something around their soul, a physical body which protects it. Ghosts dont. If anything, ghosts should be more vulnerable to soul manipulation because that's all they are. Also, the point still stands that he's never used it against anyone other than a ghost means he either can't or wont.

Show a single moment in Zelda where he needed to eat a soul please.

Ganon. For all Link knew, that might end the circle of resurrection. Might nit, but it's worth a shot.

Also, that proves my point. He's never needed to, so why would he think to?

5. You realize that when he's paralyzed he goes blue and is unable to like, move or think right? That would require him to know several things out of nowhere. Also ambush wouldn't work, all hylians have enhanced senses. How would he break the ocarina of time? Ocarina survives the impact of many attacks Link faces in the game despite being apart of his items, same with the rest of his items. They're clearly far more durable then irl variations. Even assuming he could, how is he getting it away from Link rather then Link just overpowering him in AP since he still doesn't have the AP advantage (literally a 2.1x gap)? There's too many assumptions to your time travel factor.

6. The physical body doesn't protect the soul, the physical body is just the physical manfiestation of a person. That doesn't stop soul hax. Ghost wouldn't be more vulnerable to soul manip if the person in question doesn't have it. Again, name a single moment where he had to. Also him "not using it in-character" is an odd argument when his innate ability is that he can affect a soul and interact with it. Obviously if he sees a soul he'll attack it.

Ok so it's clear as day you haven't read Ganondorf's profile or you'd see this:

" Soul Manipulation (His soul withstood direct attacks from Fused Shadow Midna, scales to other Triforce users who weren't turned into spirits when exposed to Zant's veil of twilight)" Ganon resists soul manipulation so of course he didn't try it on him.

Also: "For all Link knew" already your argument is invalid, it's quite clearly stated to Link what can perma kill Ganon in verse. Nowhere is it ever stated to him that he can perma kill Ganon via "eating his soul".

Finally for the Davesprite point, how far into High 4-C is Davesprite because Ganon is > OoT Link (Whose amped by the ToC, master sword, and the medallions of the sages) > A reg High 4-C Link > Zant whose only using a fraction of Ganondorf's power. And Nayru's love allows him to take hits from him.

6. Citation on him not being able to think? Because as long as he can think, he can just create another time clone and time travel. As for AP, 2.1x advantage means very little against hundreds of clones who all outskill you greatly. As for the ambush, well from Link's perspective he's just suddenly appearing in the middle of Central Park. Only this time he's surrounded by hundreds of time clones as opposed to one Dave who is 4 km away. Dave doesn't need to break it, he can just stuff it in his sylladex.

As for Davesprite, he's near the tippity top of a scaling chain that starts at baseline. I'm a bit rusty on the specifics of it though. He's above all the High 4-C trolls, starting Vriska < Aradia < Equius <<<<<< Gamzee < Feferi <<<<<< Ahab's Crosshairs <<<< Eridan's wand <<<<<< High 4-C Bec Noir > Davesprite. (Davesprite and Bro needed to combine forces to stalemate him)

He's completely frozen in a blue state, look at the scan for how he's paralyzed (if it's on the profile). Hundreds of clones. Who get omnidirectional'd. And need to reach 4 km. Him being surrounded gives him far more reason to din fire spam. also he drops bombs and deku nuts, deku nuts which disorient them and he throws them fast. He's been ambushed before, his tactics remain the same. Also wait why would Dave even think to break the ocarina cause the paralysis isn't caused by the ocarina it's caused by deku nuts. If he knows the dangers of the ocarina that means he's already been emapthic manip'd and if he's already been emapthic manip'd he's no longer fighting.

So it doesn't even look like he can one-shot a nayru's love Link, only damage him.

Only he's not gonna be 4km away. He's gonna travel to before the fight started, go to where Link was, create a bunch of time clones, and then jump him once he appears.

I see his body can't move, I don't see anything suggesting he can't think. Also, given the range shown in that clip, I don't see him hitting more than five Daves at a time with that thing, so Dave can likely just time travel anyways once he sees Link's hax in action.

If he travels to before the fight started he's not going to know the initial location Link started since he's randomly teleported there, unless he has some cosmic awareness across timelines. Like both are going to be on the move and obviously not stand still.

Well basically, you're asking me to prove a negative. My proof is the absence of evidence, can you prove that they're thinking in this state? It's a blinding flash of light that affects enemies without eyes and Shiek has used in situations to get away without being seen.

He'll remember the area they were fighting in sure, but not the area where Link lands since he never saw where Link was teleported to.

Grace is done, someone add.

Also all the voters were

Me

Stalker

SoViewtiful

Inverted Tempest

Schnee

XSOULOFCINDERX

Wright Way

So that's 7 in total.

Back