• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero of Time vs The Bard of Rage

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
He should be dead.

It wasn't the first time The Bard had come to this realization. He really should be dead. Locked within the confins of his tomb, the passage of several years having gone by sense he last left it. Years sense he tasted water, ate food, saw light. He should be dead, but even after all this time he would not die.

And so he raged. He regularly smashed against the fridges door, trying to force it open. He would escaped. He would survive. He would serve. Deep inside he knew his master, the child he raised, was dead. Killed by Gamzee's old friends. The friends he betrayed. The friends that laughed as he waited for his father on an uncaring shore. Gamzee knew, as he smashed open the door at long last, that his friends had created this world he found himself in. This vast Gerudo Desert he oversaw as light finally touched his boney form was part of their design, a fragment of their Ultimate Reward. Makara began his trudge through the sand. He would see hid Lord's vision to fruition even if he wasn't around to appreciate. This new world would burn, it was all a matter of time.

~Five days later~

The Hero of Time ran through the burning village, the screams of retreating men fighting with smoke for room in the air. He skidded to a stop in the middle of the village square to a strange sight. A scrawny being, grey skinned and horned, sitting cross legged with a serene smile on his face. He gazed in Link's direction, like he knew he was going to arrive. "You're almost late, brother. Awfully unusual for one so in harmony with time." His voice was young but rusted, clearly strained thanks to coming ftom a body that shouldn't be working. The myriad of fatal scars across his body made that clear, alongside the fact that he looked like he'd only now started eating again after years of starving.

Link gripped his sword tightly and circled the apparently apathetic demon. "You've got the same steely gaze he does. Strider." The name was spat out like a curse, though it meant nothing to Link. The Bard stood, crimson eyes studying The Hero. "Would you be so kind as to help a brother with his painting?" Twin clubs appeared in his grasp out of seemingly nowhere. "You've got crimson paint in those veins that I'll need to finish my master piece!"

~

Both at High 4-C.

Ocarina of Time Link.

Gamzee starts in base but can go Beserk if he chooses too.

Speed Equalized.

Takes place in a burning village.

Link Original manga-render
vs.
Gamzee Makara Insanity

Gamzee's chucklevoodos is actually higher than Link's resistance (Chucklevoodos can affect peoples who are immune to mind control on the level of Vriska, which can affect higher-dimensionnal beings and his more potent than what Link resisted).

Also doesn't his sealing just come from his bottle? Because Gamzee can do the same by touch thanks to his Sydallex.

Pretty sure the new tiering system made affecting higher dimensional beings pointless and it's only the range that matters.

Link resists sealing.

The entirety of the kokiri forest which is at least a town in size he resists the effects of despite being lost, this is without having the ToC with him mind you since Young Link doesn't get it until post-OoT.

+ ToC's resistance to mind manipulation.

ToC's can resist Ganon's magic with the ToP's mind controlling affects. A fodder avatar of his caused an entire castle to be mind haxxed

I'm assuimg Link's only win condition is incap since Gamzee's litteral plot armor is basically Beyond (keeping him alive, but doesn't ensure victory).

With that (and the whole mind resistance thing) in mind, Link likely wins mid-high to high dif due to a more diverse, practical arsenal, barrier creation, sealing with bottles, deku nuts, etc.

So, uh, I don't think Link's resistance is gonna cut it. His mindhax works on people who can resist (to an extent) galaxy wide mind hax. Really, this fight is "can Link incap before Gamzee gets pissed enough to mind hax?"

Elaborate on to an extent, also Link in ALTTP was resisting mind hax across the sacred realm, don't know if that's considered universal or not. But it should scale to master sword.

Every troll above Burgundy is able to resist GlyGlob's cry to an extent before the sheer amount of Psionic power in it turns their brains to mush. Think of it like overcharging a battery until it reduces to slag. Eventually, the cry would extend long enough to wipe out every single troll in the galaxy, sans Her Imperious Condescension and the current Heiress, as they are capable of tanking it at full blast. It took only a few minutes for Sollux's brain to melt, whereas someone like Equius would be able to withstand it for hours and Feferi would just not be effected at all.

Gamzee's mind manipulation scales to people who can effect violetbloods, the second most psionically resilient trolls in the spectrum short of those who are outright immune, and his mindhax is canonically superior to Vriska's, who controlled an army of thousands of trolls of varying castes with her mind control. Not to mention his mind hax should be comparable to Marvus's, a guy who used his mind hax to become a planet wide celebrity, literally controlling his fan base into liking him. Gamzee is a SGRUB player and Marvus isn't, players are dipected as being vastly superior to non-players. (IE. Gamzee tanked a black hole, Marvus was injured by a car bomb) It's implied it might be able to effect even Feferi, as he's able to kill her in alternate timelines despite her being far stronger than him. Albiet that's speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

I don't know enough about LoZ to comment on The Sacred Realm feat.

Eventually reach the galaxy? So it doesn't start off at galaxy range.

I also don't know why physical strength difference would suddenly make hax more potent.

Regardless does Gamzee open up with this?

That doesn't sound like mindhaax as much as it sounds like just melting brains on a galactic sca-

Planet wide? Oh yeah he's good.

Link's mindhax resistance should be upgraded regardless since sacred realm is considered atm at least a High 4-C reality and he's unaffected by the maddness/mind hax shit.

I mean...not really. At the very least I don't think so. The realm influences you but you don't straight up start following Ganon out of the blue. The flute boy was perfectly fine mind wise, as well as the Maidens and the bully and the bully's friend.

The tree outright stated how shocked he was that Link was sane, the Master Sword is literally stated to resist the effects of the triforce, which Ganon's dark world wish does.

Maidens being fine just means they resistance scale. Like, I don't see why plot important characters resisting would be a stretch.

Flute Boy was resisting till he eventually gave up. Also his wasn't even that long, like, at most it was 30 seconds https://youtu.be/v8sGNuYRWyc

Context on the bully and the bully's friend?

The real cal howard said:
That doesn't sound like mindhaax as much as it sounds like just melting brains on a galactic sca-

Planet wide? Oh yeah he's good.
Well, it's more so how Homestuck treats mindhax. The more resistance you have against the brain melting, the more you resist mindhax and vice versa. Homestuck effectively treats them as the same thing.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Regardless does Gamzee open up with this?
...Idk

Gamzee's blood inflicts dreams. So if Link can dodge doing bloodshed with Gamzee, he's good. But apparently how he killed Equius involved mindhax, and he opened up with it too seemingly.

Idk how exactly Gamzee's mindhax works. Nor do I know how strong. Glyb'glob is somewhere in the horrorterror hiearchy, which weaker ones are 7-B to stronger ones are Low 1-C. Also it did say it's galaxy ranged, but it takes time to reach the end of the galaxy, but it's likely FTL, but speed equalized, AND I LOST MY MONEY AND HAVE NO JO-

I hate this match. I really do.

Gamzee opens with his chucklevoodos yeah.

Also for the Gamzee's blood inflicts dreams" it's not litteraly his blood like the fluid, blood is just used to refer to his caste.

I don't know if it was the triforce or just MM Link himself but either way, that's still technically Adult OoT Link in a child's body, so yeah.

Was there even a threat of being overwhelmed by the memories? I don't remember this anywhere in the game.

Basically it's described in MM whenever Link wears a mask the reason he's screaming is because he's feeling the pain, emotions, and memories of all the people quickly surface into his mind.

Back