• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero of Oakvale (And partially Fable) revision.

Most of the Fable series' profile are in a really bad state, Its a shame because It has potential to become really powerful verse.

So first of all the Oakvale Hero:

Summary
The Hero of Oakvale was an ordinary farmboy born in the rural town of Oakvale to Scarlet Robe, a retired Hero, and an ordinary townsman named Brom. One fateful day, after scrounging up the money to purchase his sister Theresa a birthday present, Oakvale was besieged by bandits, slaughtering virtually all of its inhabitants. The Hero was only saved by the timely intervention of Maze, a powerful member of the Heroes Guild, who subsequently takes the boy under his wing. Offered the chance to train at the Guild to become a Hero himself and avenge his parents, the farmboy soon found himself at the crossroads of a greater destiny than any he could have ever imagined, one that could decide the fate of Albion and beyond.

Kudos to Reppunzan for the new summary.

Powers & Abilities
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery (A Master Archer & Swordsman), Expert Hand to Hand Combat, Regenerationn (Low, can heal sword slashes in a matter of moments), Magic via Willpowers (Able to use his own will and his mana to create various Magic spells & abilities), Elemental Manipulation (Fire, Electricity & Light) with Various Magic Abilities, Soul Manipulation, Holy Manipulation via Divine Fury, Can slow down Time, Hellfire Manipulation via Infernal Wrath, Mind Manipulation via Turncoat, Teleportation via Assassin Rush, Berserk Mode via Berserker (Wich makes him grow in size and amplifies his speed and strength), Life Stealing via Drain Life, Healing via Drain Life & Heal Life, The Force via Force Push (PLACE HOLDER), Summoning via Ghost Sword & Summon, Weapon Duplication via Multi Arrow.

Stats
Most of them seem right, but I found some problems:

AP/Dura./Striking Strenght: Needs a revision from our staff to consider It for the profile, If the calc. is good from the get go: Multi-Continent level for AP & Dura. with Multi-Continent Class Striking Strenght.

Lifting Strenght: The description is useless, no link to any relaiable source that states those cretures were Class M+

Stamina:
This point is easy to fix:

Limitless, far superior to his decendents who have a limitless supply of mana that never runs off for their abilities.

Also this note:

Note: The usage and waste of stamina are considered In-Game Mechanics, as shown in Fable II & III were the Heroes can use their powers as much as they want.

Range: Seems good.

Standart Equipment: Lacks most of the actual game's arsenal, of course not every single one, but the ones with special abilities.

Intelligence: Looks reasonable, but porbably needs a better description,

Weakness: I feel like It should be None Notable, but more Input would be better.

Notable Attacks/Techniques: They are copy and paste from the Fable wiki, we can add the tiny photos that the Fable wiki has (Mostly for presentation and style) but the descriptions needs to be changed.

I feel thats all, even the smallest input would be apreciated.

Revision Progress
Summary. Ô£ô

Powers & Abilities.

Attack Potency, Durability and Striking Strenght.
Ô£ô

Speed.

Stamina.
Ô£ô (?)

Range. Ô£ô (?)

Standart Equipment

Intelligence

Weakness
Ô£ô (?)

Notable Attacks/Techniques.

Well, it's been a long time since I played the games, so my in depth knowledge isn't too great; but I'll mentioned the parts I know. Hero of Oakvale of course scales to Jack of Blades, who has a High 6-A calc on Narutoforums, but it might need to be moved to VS Battles wiki blogpost when possible. If the size/mass of the various monsters he over-powered can be calc'd then, lifting strength might be alright.

I agree with just about everything else, but I'm not certain that we generally put images next to their abilities. Rewriting the summary sounds like a good start though.

Okay looks pretty good so far, but preferably don't include links to other wiki's; I recall Reppuzan mentioning that having links to other wiki's on profiles is not allowed. So, no link to Heroes' Guild.

Also, the punctuation kind of makes all the paragraphs look like long run-on sentences. Find some spots to replace commas/,'s with periods/.'s; but other than that, looks good.

@Karmod

Summaries do not need to be that long. That's why they're called summaries.

The Hero of Oakvale was an ordinary farmboy born in the rural town of Oakvale to Scarlet Robe, a retired Hero, and an ordinary townsman named Brom. One fateful day, after scrounging up the money to purchase his older sister Theresa a birthday present, Oakvale was besieged by bandits, slaughtering virtually all of its inhabitants. The Hero was only saved by the timely intervention of Maze, a powerful member of the Heroes Guild, who subsequently takes the boy under his wing. Offered the chance to train at the Guild to become a Hero himself and avenge his parents, the farmboy soon found himself at the crossroads of a greater destiny than any he could have ever imagined, one that could decide the fate of Albion and beyond.

Oh yeah, I too forgot to mention that one summarized paragraph is generally all that's needed.

As for the stats:

AP should be fine if the calc is legit.

Lifting Strength should probably be revised (trolls can support their body weight despite towering over the Hero, so it should be possible to get something useful out of this. Not particularly important though).

I've always had a bone to pick with the Speed rating. It needs work.

Standard Equipment: After my exams are over I write up a Bayonetta/DMC style list of weapons.

@Sparda

Thank you. It's been years since I've touched a Fable game, so I appreciate the corrections.

I would like to hear more opinions, anybody knows who could help with the revision?

Looking at the history, there's not much support for Fable on the site. Almost everyone who edited the pages has been inactive for years/months So it seems unlikely we'll be getting more people to comment. Who we got now is pretty much who we'll have.

Although, someone with access to Narutoforums should check the calcs. Speed seems to be the main stat that needs revising. Supersonic+ comes from Reaver's calc/feat, and Massively Hypersonic+ Attack speed with lightning; not sure if that's real lightning though. But Hypersonic+ Reflexes/Reaction time, (Even that should say "Combat Speed and Reactions") seems to have no justifications.

They fight against enemies that use Lighning as attacks, that would be around MHS+.

@Karmod

I don't remember that. You have someone in mind?

Granted, I've only played Fable I and II, and that was when they first came out.

I mean, is it cloud to ground lightning? If it's lightning they shoot from their hands, then we can't consider it real lightning.

Edit: Looking at this video it's definitely not real lightning.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Pff, well I dont think there is any higher speed feat than the lightning attacks really, anything about Striking/Lifting Strenght?

Striking strength is fine where it is, given the Jack of Blades calc; Multi-Continent Class seems good. Still unsure about lifting strength; still need to fine sources for how big/heavy the various trolls or dragons are, and we'll need to know whether or not Hero of Oakdale outwrestles them. Been a while since I played the game, but I don't recall him ever gripping anything.

As for speed, I suppose Supersonic+ scaling from Reaver's feat could serve as a place holder until we find a better feat/calc.

@Karmod

I'll get back to this when I can, but I just don't have the time right now.

Now that the NF Blog is available to see via Wayback Machine, It can be analyze'd. Jack of Blades lifted 1.4 Sextillion kilograms/ 1.4 Quintillion metric tons/ 1.4 exatons of water 4,790 meters while fighting the gravity. Energy required to do that would be.

((1.4 * 10^21) kg) * (9.807 m/s^2) * (4,970 m) = 6.5765742 * 10^25 joules or 15.718 Petatons. Which is High 6-A. So the High 6-A ratings are legit.

Back