• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The hax is too great! Lucemon vs Pun-Pun

are you asking genuinely or as a joke

Pun-Pun isn't an OC, or at least, not really? I have no idea who made it. It is basically a D&D character build meant to **** with the GM, wherein Pun Pun destroys your game by being absurdly overpowered and yeets everything to death with a single act. It is also unironically a member of the worst race in the game, the Kobolds, who are a step below the typical vermin enemies you encounter in the game like hoards of spiders or dire rats.

Pun-Pun is a monstrosity famed for being able to bullshit his way through anything, to the point of some powers being "I win" and thus he wins. He isn't canon but he's a step above an OC, one feels, in that everybody in the game who has played long enough knows about Pun-Pun.

It isn't. Like I said, it isn't an official character. But it isn't exactly an OC either. It's a template of sorts to utterly destroy the game, should the allow it to come to that point.

plus if I'm making aother D&D profile anytime soon it's gonna be my boy Zargon the Returner

Mr. Bambu said:
It isn't. Like I said, it isn't an official character. But it isn't exactly an OC either. It's a template of sorts to utterly destroy the game, should the allow it to come to that point.

plus if I'm making aother D&D profile anytime soon it's gonna be my boy Zargon the Returner
I mean. If its a legit character, even if it isnt "canon" or "official". Like any other non canon character.

Wdym non-canon character? Do we have those lol?

But uh... no. Pun-Pun would entirely be game mechanics and abuse of GM leniency until it is too late. The profile would literally be impossible.

IvoryAS said:
*Goes to this thread
Omni Wut?
I'm confuzzuled as to if this is a valid match
I...

...intended for it to be. Not realising that Lucemon doesn't have a win con.

Pun-pun isn't meant to destroy a campaign really. The original post even notes that any DM ever would just veto him out of existence. Pun-Pun's main thing is showing how broken the 3e magic system got with multiple different splat books. But theoretically he would cap out at like High 2A with Overgod metagaming.

Basically. Anything short of DM intervention would just have Pun-Pu instantly neg it and murderstomp.

Mr. Bambu said:
Basically. Anything short of DM intervention would just have Pun-Pu instantly neg it and murderstomp.
So, in other words, the only way to stop him is to be a High End Tier 1-A or 0?

No. The only way to beat him would be to be Luminous Being. Tier 1.

In-universe Immortals/Old Ones could also do it. Possibly the Ancient Brethren as well.

3e Build fighting the Old Ones and Immortals. Hmmmmmmm.

And the ancient bretheren... maybe? I've never actually seen a game that allowed Pun-Pun to happen so I have no idea.

Pun-Pun's highest "rating" here would either be Divine Rank 20 or 21. The former is just "At least 2-A" the latter would be "High 2A". If he's limited to the former than their true forms are enough to kill him in a straight fight, but their avatars would get stalemated.

Is it sad that I've become numb to these sorts of things? In the past, Lucemon vs something named Pun-Pun would shock me....now...It's a normality for me..Says a lot about the shit that goes down here.....

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Is it sad that I've become numb to these sorts of things? In the past, Lucemon vs something named Pun-Pun would shock me....now...It's a normality for me..Says a lot about the shit that goes down here.....
We do not go to VSBattles.

'tis a silly place. ovo

In all fairness back when I learned about the almighty Pun-Pun I didn't expect it to be considered a possibly fair match for a literal Digimon, that show that came on after Pokemon and thus I didn't watch

Mr. Bambu said:
In all fairness back when I learned about the almighty Pun-Pun I didn't expect it to be considered a possibly fair match for a literal Digimon, that show that came on after Pokemon and thus I didn't watch
As far as I can tell... It isn't!

From my understanding, Lucemon gets stomped.

Might be? We don't really have a clear definition of what Pun-Pun could do since it is techically homebrew and *****. As far as I know, at weakest Pun-Pun would pretty much wipe the floor with any given deity save for maybe Vecna at peak.

Peak Pun-Pun is basically a more haxy/stronger Wee Jas or Boccob. His precog sorta sucks since it's squirrel based though.

Zeifyl said:
So Pun-Pun would not qualify as a smurf?
Pun-Pun would not to my understanding. But there are lore Wizards that would be classified either as Smurfs or extreme glass cannons.

I think the issue with Pun-Pun is that not only is it non-canon, its also non-official.

Right. Like I said, wiz has never (to my knowledge) acknowledged the existence of Pun-Pun in any way.

Also, in lore wizards would totally be smurfs. The best thing I can think of is Wizards sealing the mind from the body of Pandorym, a 5-D God-Slaying Elder Evil.

They only summoned him in chunks iirc. Plus i think Pan. is more "high end 2A" than High 2A. Since its like, the singular focal point of a dark reflection of a singular multiverse (which tend to be 4D structures rather than 5D).

Back