• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Volume 5 Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator

Ard Meteor:​

Memory Manipulation- Can erase memories

At first, one person started to see what was going on. Then a second person spotted it.
This was bad. We were seconds from mass panic spreading through the people.
“I guess there’s no way out of this…!”
To prevent the worst from happening, I cast a spell. A crowd had gathered around Bordeaux. Over their heads, a geometric pattern expanded, and seconds later, it dissolved into gleaming particles. The targets looked up at the sky and blinked.
“H-huh?”
“I feel like we saw something crazy?”
The results were instantaneous.
“Wh-what did you do, Ard?”
“Wiped their memoires… It’s poor taste to tamper with people’s brains, so I rarely use it, but…I didn’t have much choice.”-Volume 5, Chapter 63

Biological Manipulation and Sound Manipulation? He can amplify the sound of snapping his fingers and send into brains

“Hmph. Ireena, what do you make of all this?”
“Hee-hee! Isn’t that obvious?!” She snorted with all the confidence in the world and stared at me. My dear friend’s eyes gleamed with certain expectation. “Get ’em, Ard!”
“Understood,” I answered with a smile—and snapped my fingers.
A moment later…the mages started dropping like flies. It was as if the strings controlling them had been cut.
“………Huh?” The smile had slipped off Kold’s face. His jaw hung slack in shock. “Wh-what is this…?! What? Why? How…?!”
“No need to be so surprised. I just snapped my fingers, amplified its volume several thousand times, and sent the attack directly into their brains.”
“…Huh?”
“Think of it as a cheap magic trick… I imagine it feels like the greatest illusion of the century to you.”-Volume 5, Chapter 68

Power Modification- Modified an anti-magic spell into negating all magic except his

“How the hell can they use magic?!”
“Shit! Call the elite forces! They’ll be able to use—Gah?!”
We took down each unit one by one, and they all said the same thing: “ How can they use magic? ”
The trick was pretty simple.
If I couldn’t use magic, all I needed to do was set the right conditions to allow it to happen.
Anti-magic techniques basically targeted a fixed area and sealed any use of spells within that range…which was a form of magic in itself.
That being the case, I took to my skills to analyze and control the spell. That way, I could overwrite it with one that allowed only Ireena and me to use magic. I was up late the previous night finding out everything I needed to know.
…If it had been crafted by any old magic user, I would have been done in seconds, but this one looked to be the work of a Heavenly King.
Lizer’s anti-magic barrier was rooted in the city itself. The entire holy nation of Megatholium was under one big spell. I realized this when we took in the entire city before the big incident.-Volume 5, Chapter 68

Ard's 3rd form is revealed and it turns out it's Varvatos, he has the same face, and presence which makes all submit. Anyway this means Ard at his prime in base=reincarnated Ard in 3rd form, and thus his prime self would be stupidly more powerful since he would have access to transformations, but it's speculative how powerful.

Have to figure out if i want to remove Varvatos and just rename it 3rd form or have both 3rd form and Varvatos.

Anyway continuing with the additions 3rd form Ard can create chains, so Chain Manipulation

“It’s useless.”
He was much too slow, and I dodged the attack with ease.
My target was my enemy’s right arm—the one gripping the weapon. I drove my dark blade right at it.
When it made contact, Lizer’s arm was lopped off.
“Gah?!”
The severed arm thudded to the ground and let go of the mace.
“You’re done.”
After my brief verdict—I cast a binding spell, manifesting magic circles around Lizer.
A beat later, they released dark chains that snaked around the old soldier’s body. Finally, the tips of the chains planted themselves into the ground and forcefully brought him to his knees.
I looked down on my past subordinate and readied my black blade.-Volume 5, Chapter 69

Soul Manipulation- Can erase a person's astral spirit, astral spirits, which are basically are the soul

“Hmm… This murder occurred only two days ago… I was slightly hoping the astral spirit might still be here, but…”
After people died, their astral spirit left its mortal coil. It would then remain in this world for three days and three nights before heading off into the afterlife. As long as their astral spirit was present, it was possible to bring back the dead with revival magic.-Volume 5, Chapter 62

After my brief verdict—I cast a binding spell, manifesting magic circles around Lizer.
A beat later, they released dark chains that snaked around the old soldier’s body. Finally, the tips of the chains planted themselves into the ground and forcefully brought him to his knees.
I looked down on my past subordinate and readied my black blade.
“We may have gone our separate ways…but you’re still a former servant who once attended to me. Therefore, I won’t completely erase your astral spirit,” I continued quietly.
I’d already decided on Lizer’s sentencing. Letting this man live was too dangerous.-Volume 5, Chapter 69

All these Ard revisions apply to Rouge as well since they are exactly the same person.

Ginny:​

Flight, Electricity Manipulation and Resurrection

One pair of deep-crimson leg armor. A golden spear. And azure bracelets. These were all quickly prepared for them. To be frank, the girls’ battle experience would do them no good here. If they messed up, they’d be no better off than a three-year-old. That was why it was crucial that they have magic armor and equipment to raise their strength in battle. “Hey, Ard! We put these red ones on our legs, right?! What kind of magic armor is this?!” Ireena asked, eyes sparkling. She seemed to like the designs. It had been worth staying up late to think it through. Internally pleased at Ireena’s reaction, I began to explain the effects of their fittings. “This armor not only grants the wearer increased mobility, but it also allows the ability to fly. It does more than helping you run faster on land; this can propel you high in the sky, making it possible to fight in all dimensions. The basic concept is to have the enemy at our mercy using multidimensional maneuverability.” “Hmm? Flying around sounds lovely!” “Running at a high speed is a concern for me personally… How fast will I be able to run?” asked Ginny. “Ah, yes. Well, even at the minimum speed, you’re guaranteed to travel at the speed of sound.” ““Th-the speed of sound?!”” shouted the girls, eyes wide. Of course, this blew past the standards of the present day, but in this era, traveling at the speed of sound was just a matter of course. “This is a magically endowed spear used for fighting. There is a mechanism that allows you to cast lightning magic when you pour magic into it. As for its effectiveness… Well, one shot can annihilate about three hundred people.” ““Th-three hundred people in one shot?!”” “Last are these bracelets, which will always detect the vitals of the wearer’s body. If you are fatally wounded, its technique will revive you within an instant.” ““R-revive you in an instant?!””-Volume 3, Chapter 43

The armor as posted above allows for the user to be able to run at the speed of sound so, Ginny should be Transonic with it.

Resistance to Power Nullification- With the magic armor she can still use her abilities despite anti-magic

“Gi-gi-gi-gi-gi! Gaaaaaaaaah!” The elite force lowered their guard, coming in from all sides.
“Hey! I’m talking here!”
“I’m right behind you, Miss Sylphy!”
Sylphy brandished her sword with marked annoyance. Ginny thrust her spear nimbly.
The redhead’s special weapon was Demise-Argis, the holy sword. Anti-magic effects didn’t work on this legendary weapon. Ginny’s spear was no different. Her leather armor and blade were sorcerer’s equipment from the ancient era—pieces that I’d loaned to her. The inherent power in their armaments ensured they were operable even in a space that sealed away magic. Basically, between the two of them, they were as strong as an entire army.-Volume 5, Chapter 68

Sylphy:​

Resistance to Power Nullification- Anti-magic doens't work on her

“Gi-gi-gi-gi-gi! Gaaaaaaaaah!” The elite force lowered their guard, coming in from all sides.
“Hey! I’m talking here!”
“I’m right behind you, Miss Sylphy!”
Sylphy brandished her sword with marked annoyance. Ginny thrust her spear nimbly.
The redhead’s special weapon was Demise-Argis, the holy sword. Anti-magic effects didn’t work on this legendary weapon. Ginny’s spear was no different. Her leather armor and blade were sorcerer’s equipment from the ancient era—pieces that I’d loaned to her. The inherent power in their armaments ensured they were operable even in a space that sealed away magic. Basically, between the two of them, they were as strong as an entire army.-Volume 5, Chapter 68

Verda:​

Teleportation-Created a teleportation device
“Ginny…?” My eyes grew as round as Ireena’s.
…Impossible. There was no way they could be here. Even if they used the quickest form of transportation, it would take a few days to get to Megatholium. This whole ordeal would have been over by the time they arrived.
…Ginny must have read my mind.
“Lady Verda paid a visit and informed us of your situation,” she explained. “She lent us her teleportation machine to get here as fast as possible.”-Volume 5, Chapter 68

Last edited:
Everything seems fine, though I think the second one might be just Sound Manipulation and Chain Manipulation doesn't seem to exist anymore, so that's just Creation.

So metal manipulation then.

Btw what should i list Ard's Original technique as? I think it is info analysis and power modification, but it does mention concepts

“Not yet. There’s no way in hell this is over, Lizer.”
“It is. At this point in time, you have no options left.”
“So what…? Even you know I’ve got some strange powers…!”
As part of my Original technique, I could analyze and control spells. If I could just activate that power—
“Impossible. Didn’t you used to tell me? Your ability is ineffective against other people’s special talents and skills. They cannot be analyzed or controlled.”
Lizer’s expression went dark, as if he was starting to doubt his certain victory.
I saw this, letting my lips curl into a smile. “Just like you lied to me…I lied to you…!”
I touched the design on my chest with my right hand.
“It’s too soon to celebrate, Lizer Bellphoenix…!”
Then, for the first time in my life…I controlled and analyzed a specialized skill—an Original technique.
…As mentioned, I didn’t tell Lizer the whole truth. In theory, my abilities could analyze and control all concepts.
However…these specialized skills housed so much information, it had the potential to overwhelm my brain…up until the point of madness. This had supported my theory that it was impossible.-Volume 5, Chapter 69

Basically he can analyze and control abilities and that's what he has done so far, but he said he couldn't do that to an Original technique, however that was a lie, his ability can be used to analyze and control all concepts, but doing that overloads him with info which could drive him mad.

He was able to do that in this volume by amplifying his processing abilities with his transformations.

In short, does he qualify for concept manipulation or not.

Looks good to me, and yeah the bio and sound manip thing could just be sound manip.

Info analysis and power modding look solid. The fact he can even analyze and control concepts though...sure? Seems pretty straightforward, with the risk that he could mind-**** himself with so much information.

The crazy thing is Ard in Base is already an extraordinary genius, 2nd form boosts his processing power by 10x, and 3rd form boost it even more and yet despite how smart he is, being able to analyze all concepts, Verda is still the smartest person in history.

That's in addition to Verda creating love potions, teleportation devices, robots, magical tools that mess with causality and parallel worlds, plus the fact she knows of higher-dimensional beings, probably the smartest character i have made besides the nigh-omniscient ones.

This seems fine and uncontroversial to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back