• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as A Typical Nobody Upgrade

Unconventional Resistance to Time Stop for Ard and Limited Resistance to Time Stop for Ginny and Ireena.

Ard, Ireena, and Ginny are trapped in Eigen Space and meet a goblin shaman, where this goblin shaman can use time-manipulation spells, one of which is Time Stop. (This)

After that, it is shown that Ard can move in this goblin shaman's Time Stop and fire a flare. (The scan)

Ard then explains to Ireena that the time-manipulation spell doesn't work as the name suggests, it can stop time and rewind time by attacking the astral spirit. And because Ard has so many astral spirits, he can control his body through astral spirits which are not affected by the goblin shaman's time stop. (Scan)-

Updated Proposals for Ard Meteor

Interdimensional Range

Was able to travel to a section of the realm of the dead

Just as this thought crossed her mind…

“Okay, Carmilla. Let’s confirm what your mother thinks.”

“…What?” She couldn’t understand what he was saying. It only added to her confused state.

In that next instant…a large magic circle unfurled beneath her feet. It wasn’t just Carmilla—golden circles opened out under Ard and Ireena, too.

For just a moment, the circles glowed noticeably brighter, then—

“Since you couldn’t grab hold of her hand, we’ll visit a place where you still can.”

As soon as Carmilla heard Ard, everything around her changed. Her surroundings shifted from a destroyed village to a mysterious space—a dark-red background like blood stretched on forever. White souls soared through the disquieting atmosphere.

“I-is this…?!”

“The other side. Well, just a section of it…but your mother is here… I would have liked to resurrect her, but I’m afraid that’s impossible. You’ll be able to talk to her, though.”

Ard raised his left hand. Another magic circle opened up in front of his palm…and a few seconds later, a single white soul came forward. Carmilla was immediately paralyzed with fear.

“Mother…?!” Carmilla asked on instinct.-Volume 6.5, The Demon Lord’s Rescue Log: Courage Turned Cowardice

Non-Physical Interaction

Harmed the Thoughtform of an Old God

“I am a God…! Someone who rules and guides this world…! I…will never be defeated by life-forms lower than beasts!!”

With an ear-shattering boom, the Old God moved—body too large to be measured—and lumbered toward me furiously.

“BOW BEFORE MY POWExR! WOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!” His giant fist came down on me as if swatting a tiny human fly.

“A worm. Ha-ha, a worm, you say?” My eyes narrowed, and my voice went cold. “That’s you, moron.”

I cast attack magic. An amalgamation of flames and wind came together as I summoned my Blaze Sword. A circle manifested in front of my hand, and the fiery blade appeared moments later…and then, it instantly transformed into a terrifyingly large weapon.

“You’re a husk of your old self. Go home.” I sidestepped the mountain-size fist coming right at me—and sliced the fist and towering Old God in half.

“Aaaah…! Th-this…can’t be…happening! I’m…! A master of all creation…!”

The lethal attack made it too difficult for the thoughtform to keep its silhouette, and the hulking being started to break into light particles.-Volume 6.5, Dues to the Demon Lord Reborn: The Tale of a God Slayer

Information Manipulation

Alchemy is a conversion of info thus he can make bodies out of earth and rewrite data

Praise me! Praise me!”

“Pet me! Pet me!”

The petite pair snuggled up to me like adorable puppies. In response to this, the boys…

“…Ard. I wish he were dead.”

“Maybe it’s about time to kill him.”

“Let’s hold a meeting at lunch.”

Their homicidal intentions seemed real. Why’d things turn out this way?

…Anyway, the girls were now mortal. Ireena and Ginny called it a miracle, but I didn’t see what the big deal was. It was the same alchemy spell that I’d used when Sylphy ruined Olivia’s potatoes earlier. Nothing more.

Alchemy was essentially a conversion of information, which was why I could make bodies out of the stone walls of the dungeon, rewrite the sprites’ causal data, and convert them into astral spirits of humans. I then placed their new astral spirits into physical bodies. Basically, a walk in the park.-Volume 6.5, Dues to the Demon Lord Reborn: The Tale of a God Slayer

Resistance to Paralysis Inducement

Resisted a dark aura which caused paralysis

She had the dull gleam in her eyes of someone who had nothing left to lose—and out of her body seeped a dark aura. It spread across the exam arena like a smoke screen, inhaled by everyone from the students at the ready to the parents and instructors in the audience.

“Wh-what’s this…?!”

“I—I can’t move…!”

For those without a constant defense against magic, it served as a magical binding chain. The fog was so thick that I couldn’t tell what was happening to the parents…but their movements were hampered. The students and instructors were in the same state. As for my friends, a short distance away…

“Gah! This is so annoying!”

“Get offa me!”

“No matter how much I wave my arms, it won’t go away…”

They seemed to be pretty mobile, considering.

“Remain where you are. Do not leave that spot under any circumstances,” I called out against the shroud of darkness.

I then turned to our referee, Olivia, who was still standing nearby. As expected, she could move, too. Olivia, however, made no attempt to deal with the situation. She watched me carefully. It looked like she was leaving things up to me.-Volume 6.5, Dues to the Demon Lord Reborn: Of Intimacy and Salvation

This resistance would also apply to Olivia

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I agree, but why is it included in unconventional? isn't that just ordinary resistance, well even if it doesn't change most it just sounds weird to me

yes I agree, but why is it included in unconventional? isn't that just ordinary resistance, well even if it doesn't change most it just sounds weird to me

It was unconventional because Ard was able to survive the Time Stop by controlling his astral spirit which was not affected by the goblin shaman's time stop.

It was unconventional because Ard was able to survive the Time Stop by controlling his astral spirit which was not affected by the goblin shaman's time stop
if by controlling his astral spirit it will only be something limited because he needs to control his astral spirit, if he is hit by a time stop with a different case it will be something strange, so something unusual is too hyperbolic for me

if by controlling his astral spirit it will only be something limited because he needs to control his astral spirit, if he is hit by a time stop with a different case it will be something strange, so something unusual is too hyperbolic for me
However, in the scan it has been explained that Ard can move in Time Stop to fire a Flare which is Fire Magic. And then He explained to Ireena why he could move there

Last edited:
However, in the scan it has been explained that Ard can move in Time Stop to fire a Flare which is Fire Magic. And then He explained to Ireena why she could move there
yes, after all, I do agree with the resistance to time stop, it just sounds a little weird.

So if I'm reading this correctly, Time-Manipulation Spell is a misnomer and it instead works by manipulating one's Astral Spirit.

So it isn't actual Time Manipulation but Soul Manipulation that looks like Time Manipulation to the outside observer (such as Ireena). With Ard resisting it through the Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation he already has on his profile.

Also, where does Ginny and Ireena show Resistance to this "Time-Manipulation" Spell? They seem affected and unable to move, and I'm guessing the ability they can still percieve and talk is because it's actually an Astral Spirit interference spells and not an actual Time Stop.

Also only Staff can @ people, regular members @'s don't do anything.

@Celestial_Pegasus

This is from that non canon side story.

Already aware if the feat, but it can't be used as the author themself said they were doing whatever they wanted with those side stories, like introducing characters who aren't even in the main story, and Ard doing absurd stuff like messing with the moon's rotation which is far beyond anything in the main story.

So if I'm reading this correctly, Time-Manipulation Spell is a misnomer and it instead works by manipulating one's Astral Spirit.

So it isn't actual Time Manipulation but Soul Manipulation that looks like Time Manipulation to the outside observer (such as Ireena). With Ard resisting it through the Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation he already has on his profile.

Also, where does Ginny and Ireena show Resistance to this "Time-Manipulation" Spell? They seem affected and unable to move, and I'm guessing the ability they can still percieve and talk is because it's actually an Astral Spirit interference spells and not an actual Time Stop.

Also only Staff can @ people, regular members @'s don't do anything.

@Celestial_Pegasus
Thank you for commenting, sir. Ireena and Ginny I think got Limited Resistance to Time Stop because they are still aware that time has stopped.

And as for your assertion that it's just Soul Manipulation not Time Manipulation, I can safely say that the attack from the goblin shaman went straight into the astral spirit and made Time around them stops or rewinds

Already aware if the feat, but it can't be used as the author themself said they were doing whatever they wanted with those side stories, like introducing characters who aren't even in the main story, and Ard doing absurd stuff like messing with the moon's rotation which is far beyond anything in the main story.
Oh, So this is non-canon? Well, it was my fault, i'm sorry

Only the last story from that volume is "canon" as the author said for the others he was doing whatever but that one was basically touching on stuff 3000 years ago.

The author never uses the canon word, but when you have characters show up who aren't even mentioned in the main story and feats by base Ard, which aren't shown by even people above him, it's problematic.

Alright so was relooking at vol 5, when the name Carmilla came up who is a demon, and thought it was familiar, and wouldn't you know it, yea she was in the side story, so basically the side story is indeed canon, the new characters just aren't shown in the main story cause the focus shifted from the academy.

That said this feat here is still a ridiculous outlier

“Pray while you still can that your suffering will end quickly!” The thoughtform’s laughter echoed across the arena.

However—two and then three seconds passed, and the thoughtform changed its tune.

“…That’s strange. We should be fully fused by now. Did I time it wrong?” The voice wondered, sounding a bit deflated.

I smiled. “No, you calculated your fusion with perfect precision.”

“…What?”

“What’s the matter? What happened to your composure from earlier?”

“…What did you do?!” shouted the thoughtform with a mix of irritation and confusion.

“It’s simple. Since you said you could only possess a body if the stars were aligned in a particular fashion…”

I grinned as I revealed the truth.

“I adjusted the stars a bit. That’s all.”

My answer was greeted with silence. Of course, time continued to pass, but there were no signs that anyone would be fusing. Reality stabbed my enemy.

“R-ridiculous! Changing the stars?! That’s idiotic—”

“I don’t mean to brag. In fact, I’d prefer being humble. However, that ‘idiocy’ is child’s play. For me, that is.”

If I was being honest, it wasn’t hard to meddle with the stars. I mean, I could change karma—the foundation of this world—even to the slightest degree. This was easy.

“Im-impossible…! This is… No, it can’t be… Y-your form is different, but…! Your true self is…”-Volume 6.5, Dues to the Demon Lord Reborn: Of Intimacy and Salvation

Here is stuff that should be added to Ard though:

Interdimensional Range

Was able to travel to a section of the realm of the dead

Just as this thought crossed her mind…

“Okay, Carmilla. Let’s confirm what your mother thinks.”

“…What?” She couldn’t understand what he was saying. It only added to her confused state.

In that next instant…a large magic circle unfurled beneath her feet. It wasn’t just Carmilla—golden circles opened out under Ard and Ireena, too.

For just a moment, the circles glowed noticeably brighter, then—

“Since you couldn’t grab hold of her hand, we’ll visit a place where you still can.”

As soon as Carmilla heard Ard, everything around her changed. Her surroundings shifted from a destroyed village to a mysterious space—a dark-red background like blood stretched on forever. White souls soared through the disquieting atmosphere.

“I-is this…?!”

“The other side. Well, just a section of it…but your mother is here… I would have liked to resurrect her, but I’m afraid that’s impossible. You’ll be able to talk to her, though.”

Ard raised his left hand. Another magic circle opened up in front of his palm…and a few seconds later, a single white soul came forward. Carmilla was immediately paralyzed with fear.

“Mother…?!” Carmilla asked on instinct.-Volume 6.5, The Demon Lord’s Rescue Log: Courage Turned Cowardice

Non-Physical Interaction

Harmed the Thoughtform of an Old God

“I am a God…! Someone who rules and guides this world…! I…will never be defeated by life-forms lower than beasts!!”

With an ear-shattering boom, the Old God moved—body too large to be measured—and lumbered toward me furiously.

“BOW BEFORE MY POWExR! WOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!” His giant fist came down on me as if swatting a tiny human fly.

“A worm. Ha-ha, a worm, you say?” My eyes narrowed, and my voice went cold. “That’s you, moron.”

I cast attack magic. An amalgamation of flames and wind came together as I summoned my Blaze Sword. A circle manifested in front of my hand, and the fiery blade appeared moments later…and then, it instantly transformed into a terrifyingly large weapon.

“You’re a husk of your old self. Go home.” I sidestepped the mountain-size fist coming right at me—and sliced the fist and towering Old God in half.

“Aaaah…! Th-this…can’t be…happening! I’m…! A master of all creation…!”

The lethal attack made it too difficult for the thoughtform to keep its silhouette, and the hulking being started to break into light particles.-Volume 6.5, Dues to the Demon Lord Reborn: The Tale of a God Slayer

Information Manipulation

Alchemy is a conversion of info thus he can make bodies out of earth and rewrite data

Praise me! Praise me!”

“Pet me! Pet me!”

The petite pair snuggled up to me like adorable puppies. In response to this, the boys…

“…Ard. I wish he were dead.”

“Maybe it’s about time to kill him.”

“Let’s hold a meeting at lunch.”

Their homicidal intentions seemed real. Why’d things turn out this way?

…Anyway, the girls were now mortal. Ireena and Ginny called it a miracle, but I didn’t see what the big deal was. It was the same alchemy spell that I’d used when Sylphy ruined Olivia’s potatoes earlier. Nothing more.

Alchemy was essentially a conversion of information, which was why I could make bodies out of the stone walls of the dungeon, rewrite the sprites’ causal data, and convert them into astral spirits of humans. I then placed their new astral spirits into physical bodies. Basically, a walk in the park.-Volume 6.5, Dues to the Demon Lord Reborn: The Tale of a God Slayer

Resistance to Paralysis Inducement

Resisted a dark aura which caused paralysis

She had the dull gleam in her eyes of someone who had nothing left to lose—and out of her body seeped a dark aura. It spread across the exam arena like a smoke screen, inhaled by everyone from the students at the ready to the parents and instructors in the audience.

“Wh-what’s this…?!”

“I—I can’t move…!”

For those without a constant defense against magic, it served as a magical binding chain. The fog was so thick that I couldn’t tell what was happening to the parents…but their movements were hampered. The students and instructors were in the same state. As for my friends, a short distance away…

“Gah! This is so annoying!”

“Get offa me!”

“No matter how much I wave my arms, it won’t go away…”

They seemed to be pretty mobile, considering.

“Remain where you are. Do not leave that spot under any circumstances,” I called out against the shroud of darkness.

I then turned to our referee, Olivia, who was still standing nearby. As expected, she could move, too. Olivia, however, made no attempt to deal with the situation. She watched me carefully. It looked like she was leaving things up to me.-Volume 6.5, Dues to the Demon Lord Reborn: Of Intimacy and Salvation

This resistance would also apply to Olivia

What does he mean when he says he can change Karma the foundation of the world? Can that give him something?

It's not explained, no clue what karma is in the context of the series.

It's just said to be "the foundation of the world".

It's not that absurd, have you seen the latest volume of WN? They're already showing extra-dimensional realms, soon we'll see Ard Low 1-C👀

Higher dimensional beings, and infinite worlds are already a thing, so i am not surprised, that wasn't the point, the point is that Base Ard being like Star level is absurd at this point in the story when even the biggest threat seen so far only has vague world destroying statements.

Ard has a final form which he can't use currently, so i wouldn't be surprised if its capable of absurd stuff, but as i said before it's not about that.

Btw is the WN even translated? Lets not get into untranslated stuff now.

I'm just kidding, I just took a look at the most recent caps the author posted on Ncode, I don't even know what the context was, but it was clear that Ard went to an extradimensional realm because they literally say that the realm is that

Interesting.

Idk how this series is still ongoing, up to this point, it's just been Ard dealing with his former subordinates, who are antagonist, how does it expand further? Is it gonna be some crazy stuff like actually the Outer Gods we saw are just avatars and their true forms exist beyond the multiverse?

I made a discussion thread a while back, we can discuss the series there.

Anyway enough derailing, lets stick to the topic here.

Edit: I edited the op so people who come into the thread can find what i am proposing.

Last edited:
"reborn as a typical nobody"
Screen_Shot_2018-12-31_at_1.19.26_PM.jpg

Back