• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Vol. 8 : AP Upgrade and New Abilities for Ard

I have not made screenshot of cites nor Profile WIP.

I'll just post quotes here so I don't forget to post later.

All of quotes are from Volume 8 of The Greatest Demon Lord Reborn as Typical Nobody translated by YenPress.

AP of "split continent" may need calc. I put country level cuz iirc continent split is around that range. Please correct this if wrong.

Basically, Ard Meteor>Alvarto Egzex. Any ability Alvarto has, Ard can overpower it.
Ard can neg matter/soul erasure, magic null, reliant immortality(?).

What to reinforce/revise :
AP
City-level APAt least mountain-range-level APLarge-country-level APKey : Phase III ArdKey : Final Phase Ard
Flattened entire city with single blow.
Obviously, we were never going to work our way through the city. Having assumed Alvarto had filled the place to the brim with all sorts of unwelcome surprises, I’d elected to simply get rid of it all.

<...>

“…This brings back memories. It was such a simple thing to destroy an entire city with a single blow.”

<...>

Hearl-Si-Pearl had been reduced to a smoldering wasteland. Where there were once tall buildings, there was now only scorched, flat land.
Varvatos' subordinate scales to "wipe mountain range unintentionally".
“Yeah. Evidently, they wiped an entire mountain range off the map during the skills exam. Crazy stuff. Word is, they did it by accident, but… Who could possibly eradicate mountains unintentionally?”

“…Oh?”

No humans from the modern era could manage that feat. Which meant… the transfer student in question must have been born in the ancient world. As for those who could accidentally wreak mass destruction… I knew a few former subordinates who met that description.
Garp can split continent in two.
Garp the War Hammer. A man who, despite being a demon, had forbidden himself from using magic of any sort and fought only with his physical strength. There was nothing his powerful arms couldn’t shatter, and the war hammer he swung was strong enough to split a continent in two
And Varvatos can beat Garp
“…Just a little earlier, Lucius and Garp fell.”

Alvarto’s tears stopped. “What?” As he stared in open-mouthed shock, Luminas took a sip of tea and continued.

“It was immediately after I put thee to sleep. The pair pushed deep into enemy territory and… they met a glorious end at the hands of the Demon Lord and his right arm
Overpower Matter/Soul Erasure done by black flame.
Darkness clashed and the air shrieked as the energy tore at existence itself. The enemy’s blades annihilated all they touched. Any divine or magic weapon would’ve been destroyed the moment they touched those flames. However…

…that logic didn’t apply to me.

The Brave Demon Full Body: Phase III was the very definition of unfairness. Whatever the reasoning, whatever the mechanics, it would crush the opposition beneath the strength of my will. It was the ultimate ego. The ultimate hubris. And so the strike unleashed by my hand shattered Alvarto’s defenses, cutting him down, black flames and all.
Far higher AP than Phase III Ard.

Final Phase Ard's pressure completely crushed full blown army Dilga created along with Alvarto himself.
“…End.”

…it wasn’t a chant. It was only a statement.

And yet. Such a simple word had an effect on the world now that I was in Brave Demon Full Body: Final Phase. The scene in front of me proved it.

Quietly, the warriors began to collapse one by one into the snow. Not a single one of them budged.

“This is beyond ridiculous…!” a girl’s voice cried from the Holy Sword.

Alvarto opened his mouth in response. “That’s exactly what it needs to be.” His wish was coming true. He gazed at me with eyes convinced of that fact. I then stepped forward and ended everything in that instant.

Alvarto wasn’t able to do anything, and neither was his Holy Sword.

As a great horde of warriors lay dead in the snow, I remained standing, while Alvarto was now on his knees. This had ever been the outcome. It was something that was beyond expression, far ahead of simply being described as unfair. This was what came from Brave Demon Fully Body: Final Form. About the only being who could fight this power was that devil.

Even the greatest warrior of the Demon Lord’s army, armed with the most powerful blade in creation, could not put up the slightest resistance.
Powers and Abilities (Ard)
Resistance to "Soul Tearing"Arsenal SummoningUnavoidable Attack
Ard can overcome Soul Ripper, absolute rule/law of nature that tear soul from body if they want to pass into underworld from material world.
This was a concept, a law of nature, something that couldn’t be conquered by mere mortals, an unchanging and absolute rule.

The underworld always tried to bar the living from gaining entry, which was why there was a mechanism to keep intruders locked in this border zone.

That was the Soul Ripper.

In this transitionary place between the material world and the underworld, the living had their souls torn from their bodies. Of course, if this was permitted to happen, everything was over. Once a soul was sent to the underworld, resurrection was impossible. We had to survive this trial intact.

Unfortunately…

“Guh… Urgh.”

…it was excruciating. I had hoped never to suffer through this again. Yes, this was the second time I’d endured this pain. Once, Verda had sent me on a research mission to the underworld.

The place was the ultimate destination for all who died and was thus inviolable to the living. I’d hoped that unlocking its secrets would allow me to bring back the companions I’d lost.

Some had been destroyed, soul and all, but many had just been sent to the underworld, so I assumed they still existed in some fashion. I hoped that, with enough study, I’d see them again.

The first obstacle I’d faced during my initial journey to the underworld had been the Soul Ripper. After surviving, I’d forged a gate that linked the material world to the underworld, bypassing the Soul Ripper.
Collection of weapons, Armor of Demon Lord. Summoned GoB style.
“Open! Gate of Annihilation!”

With those two incantations, the portal floating in the heavens loudly began to open.

On the other side awaited nothing but a dark abyss. An onyx so dark that it seemed to absorb all the light.

Slowly, objects began to appear.

They were weapons and armor. Of course, they were no ordinary items. All the things that appeared from the gate were overwhelmingly powerful.

In total, there were six hundred sixty-six of them. The collection hovering in the gray skies was my ace in the hole.

The collection was the Armor of the Demon Lord. Each item was an overwhelming weapon on its own. There had only been one time in the past when I’d had to use all six hundred sixty-six of them—my final battle with the Fallen God Mephisto Yuu Phegor.
Time-manipulating Javelin that is unavoidable
Before I could give the order to attack, one of the six hundred and sixty-six pieces, the Javelin of Time Thieving, acted despite my not giving it a command.

The weapon flew from the cloudy heavens toward the ground. It raced at the speed of a lightning bolt, plunging down like a predator. And then…

“—Oh.”

True to its name, the spear had the power to manipulate time.

The moment it was thrown, it escaped the laws of this world and moved to an axis where time flowed much quicker. This enabled it to deliver a completely unavoidable attack upon its target.

It wasn’t simply that it was moving faster, it operated in a completely different manner from other weapons. No matter how much one strengthened their reflexes and senses, it couldn’t be evaded. To the target, it was as though the javelin had suddenly sprouted from their chest.

Which was why I wasn’t able to stop it from piercing Ginny’s heart.
Powers & Abilities (Alvarto)
Reliant Immortality.Matter/Soul ErasureStatistics Amplification.Magic Nullification.Creation/Resurrection.
Connected to underworld itself. For Alvarto Egzex.
“Alvarto’s immortality stems from a spatial link he possesses with the underworld. Since he himself functions as part of the underworld, no matter what methods you use in this world, you can’t erase his existence. He’s a creature from a different dimension and not any ordinary life-form.”

I replayed Mephisto’s words in my head a few times and broke them down, processing them. “…Meaning, you acquired a specific part of the underworld and gave that space itself a consciousness?”

…Alvarto’s consciousness wasn’t based on a soul. A part of the underworld was what made up his mind. His soul was merely a support mechanism to keep his awareness in the physical world, and there was no lasting damage in destroying it.

“So, unless the portion of the underworld that makes up Alvarto’s consciousness is eradicated, he can never die. Put a different way, destroying that makes it possible to kill him.”
Alvarto will always resurrect
…he killed himself once more, and the result was the same. Even then, Alvarto could not accept it. To know that the salvation of death was beyond him was… too much to bear. Thus, he committed suicide.

Suicide. Suicide. Suicide. Suicide. Suicide. Suicide. Suicide. Suicide. Suicide.

There was no purpose in living in a world without her. Only the end of his existence could bring him peace.

However, some mechanism that devil had created repeatedly denied him his dearest wish. No matter how many times he perished, Alvarto could
not stay dead.

He would wake up in that mysterious location, then return to reality. It was an endless repetition.

Eventually, he gave up on suicide and threw himself into combat.
Alvarto's black flame erases everything.
It didn’t matter if it was organic or non-organic, living or dead. Thus, the souls and equipment consumed by the fire were eradicated, never to be restored
For Dilga Zervatis. Alvarto's Sword.
1st power : Bring user physical power few tiers above enemy. It is so effective that Ard cannot match Alvarto anymore.
Ascendant Martial Strength—one of the seven powers of that blade. With it, Alvarto had now become a warrior without equal in the world.

Which was why—

“Nraah!”

—he was fast. An attack so fast that my eyes were unable to follow it. A veritable storm of slash.

The effect of Ascendant Martial Strength was, as the name implied, ascendance. It forcibly pulled the physical abilities of the wielder several tiers above the opponent’s.

Thus, I stood no chance in close combat.

“Yah!”

“Tch!” I had no choice but to go on the offensive when faced with the barrage of deadly strikes. With each passing second, another wound appeared upon my skin. The flow of the battle had completely flipped.

“Raaah.”

A kick that had been hidden among the slashing blows connected with my side. The impact ran straight through my entire body and made my organs burst.
2nd power of Dilga Zervatis : Nullify tens of thousands of elemental spells that would've wiped giant mountain.
I created countless magic circles. I cast tens of thousands of elemental spells. However…

…another feature of Dilga Zervatis was Magic’s Assured Destruction. The array of spells that would have wiped a giant mountain off the map instantly evaporated.

He activated Ascendant Marital Strength to overwhelm me at close range. When I gained some distance and tried to use spells to turn the tables, Magic’s Assured Destruction erased whatever I cast.
3rd power of Dilga Zervatis : Create anything user desired. Recreation of fullscale war with immortal soldiers strong enough to kill Ard.
Then… the third power, Gatekeeper of All Creation. It was the greatest cheat ability of them all. It was an absurd ability that created everything the wielder or the sword itself desired. And with that ability, the pair created.

“A re-creation of the full-scale war…!”

Innumerable warriors appeared around me. Clad in red and black clothing, they looked exactly as they had on the day they had fought me to avenge their fallen
mistress.

“…I’ll stake it all. Everything I ever had.”

The moment after I felt the meaning behind his words, the army attacked from every direction. Although a reconstruction of something from the past, this situation was far more perilous.

The Gatekeeper of All Creation was essentially a power that could rewrite reality.

Meaning, if the wielder and sword wished it, anything could come true. Thus, all of the warriors who attacked, from the highest ranking to the lowliest line, were strong enough to kill me.

No matter how many I took down, they were resurrected in an instant. They were invincible—immortal. There was only one option…

Haven't read the volume, and won't for weeks if not more, but destroying a mountain isn't actually mountain level, just look at this, depending on how it's done, it can be Low 7-C to 6-C, but the first quote could probably be argued for 7-B, seeing as how consistent 7-B is, though having not read the volume idk which form of Ard this is suppose to scale to.

As for continent splitting, i am not sure what that would give, there isn't any common feat calc for splitting a continent, but would think it would be impressive, would have to get it calc, and again idk which form of Ard it scales to.

That time javelin is very interesting, maybe an argument for Infinite speed? It's not really "faster" but the mechanics just make it unavoidable, it just sprouts on the target, need some more input there.

The Alva stuff for is cool, though he doesn't even have a profile yet.

Imagine my suprise finding out 3 new replies on this thread :)
Agree i need this character to 6A
Well, maybe not that high. But I wouldn't be surprised if the calc reaches that value anyway.
Haven't read the volume, and won't for weeks if not more, but destroying a mountain isn't actually mountain level, just look at this, depending on how it's done, it can be Low 7-C to 6-C,
It is mountain range though. Not just A mountain. And probably through bleedoff/unintentional.

We need to find average mountain range size then calc the fragmentation/etc.
but the first quote could probably be argued for 7-B, seeing as how consistent 7-B is, though having not read the volume idk which form of Ard this is suppose to scale to.
Iirc it's base Ard. Aka the black haired one.
As for continent splitting, i am not sure what that would give, there isn't any common feat calc for splitting a continent, but would think it would be impressive, would have to get it calc, and again idk which form of Ard it scales to.
We really need to get it calced it seems lol.

There are already 2 continent split. One in Vol 3 and now this. A shame if it goes to waste.

Also, this feat is done by Garp. Garp was beaten by Varvatos in ancient era. So, pretty much scales to strongest form of Ard/Varvatos.

In modern term, maybe Phase IV.

But I wouldn't bw surprised if Phase III can already do that.
That time javelin is very interesting, maybe an argument for Infinite speed? It's not really "faster" but the mechanics just make it unavoidable, it just sprouts on the target, need some more input there.
Technically infinite speed but limited for homing and stabbing?

Always faster than enemy? Probably.
The Alva stuff for is cool, though he doesn't even have a profile yet.
I am aware lol.

How funny it'd be if Ard has scaling for profile that doesn't even exist yet.

Eh, i read about the Javelin, i think it fall under space-time hax that increases its speed by moving into a different time axis with faster time flow

That Black Flame EE is fine

Eh, that for now

Back