• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Introduction:
E8Kw.gif

Hello, my fellow yellow-sponge lovers!

For the happiness of some and the sadness of others this thread ins´t about AP or Speed, but another thing that have been bothering me on the profiles for a while: Lifting Strenght

You know, i already defended an Universal lifting strenght rating for SpongeBob in the past, but, seeing it now, our current LS ratings are.... Simply wrong and contradict several times through the series. We already had 2 threads on this theme that were never concluded, something that i want to finally put a full stop

And no, this will be not just about Universal LS, but Inflate LS numbers in general

Anyway, sit in your chair, get some Chocolate with Nuts and follow me through Bikini Bottom´s marvelous weight lifting competitions

Part 1: The String feat

The infamous feat where SpongeBob unravels the universe with a string is categorized on his profile the following ways:
He generated this much force from landing while holding the string that unraveled the universe
Existence Erasure and Transmutation with strings (Can do this by manipulating random strings, erased the entire Milky Way galaxy and Patrick, who has a similar ability, transmuted him into a rope)

The profile contradicts itself at the point that it considers the string as using powers and "unravelling" the universe (Basically making it becoming part of the string while keeping it's mass) at the same time:
  1. Considering the String "used" Existence Erasure on the universe and erased it: the universe would be erased and the string would have another type of material as part of its composition, not mantaining the mass of the original universe due to it being logically erased
  2. Considering that the String "used" Transmutation on the universe and turned it part of the string: Then it no more scales to its original mass and just scales to the mass of the string, what means Below Average Human considering SB´s size
In short: Considering both applications that the String is used on the episode, it doesn´t actually have Universal mass due to not keeping the mass of what it erases/transmutes

And no, you can´t simply remove the String "powers" from the profile and stay with the Universal LS, the string is explicit showed to be able to "unravell" cars, showing that it´s application isn´t simply based on unravelling stuff, but by completely changing their composition and consequently their mass via EE or Transmutation

Part 2: The Continuation of Part 1 (lol)

Other arguments related to LS (Specifically On-Site) are SpongeBob lifting his own brain (Which contains a starry sky and a sun, making it a Stellar to Multi-Stellar feat) and the main cast wrestling Lord Poltergueist, who has an entire void inside of him

However, lifting the outside of a pocket dimension doesn´t makes you scale to the inside of it

Also, the starry sky feats are a misinterpretation of the scenes, SpongeBob was dreaming. Yes, dreams can turn real through Subjective Reality, but they aren´t real by default

The Lord Poltergueist feat doesn´t makes sense because we don´t even know how big the void is

"Well, well, well.... We still have other high-end feats, right? SpongeBob lifting the whole ocean, SpongeBob rotating the Earth and Patrick holding a parallel universe are all valid feats"
- Little Timmy

Sorry little Timmy, but this is nowhere consistent with other feats In-Verse
And many, many more, these are just some examples

Conclusion:
Universal LS should go and be replaced, i currently don´t have any idea of what should be the characters new ratings, so i will prematurely list them as Below Average Human. If anyone has any suggestion of what we could put as a replacement, i would like to hear it

And no, the characters can´t gain a Varies rating, it ins´t allowed to give such a rating to characters that doesn´t have a real reason to vary in power

SpongeBob, however, should receive the following:

Agree: @Gasper @Eseseso @Deidalius @VeneficaAuthor

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Part 1?
metal-gear-rising-jetstream-sam.gif

Existence Erasure and Transmutation with strings (Can do this by manipulating random strings, erased the entire Milky Way galaxy and Patrick, who has a similar ability, transmuted him into a rope)
  1. Considering the String "used" Existence Erasure on the universe and erased it: the universe would be erased and the string would have another type of material as part of its composition, not mantaining the mass of the original universe due to it being logically erased
  2. Considering that the String "used" Transmutation on the universe and turned it part of the string: Then it no more scales to its original mass and just scales to the mass of the string, what means Below Average Human considering SB´s size
Besides, if you're turning the universe into a string... like, nothing is being erased from existence, it's just turning into a string.

Should SpongeBob's LS be "below average, higher with water absorption"?

I do remember multiple episodes where he gets stronger by absorbing water and grease.

Expect at least 2 more revisions

Besides, if you're turning the universe into a string... like, nothing is being erased from existence, it's just turning into a string.
I wrote this based on what is currently indexed on the profiles, but i will talk about the string "powers" on one of the next CRTs

Accelerated_Evolution making the title of this thread:

There's nothing original under the sun!

Also W Futurama reference

Should SpongeBob's LS be "below average, higher with water absorption"?

I do remember multiple episodes where he gets stronger by absorbing water and grease.
That´s a good idea, actually

For an example, in "Goons on the Moon", he absorbed so much water he became the moon. He also became bigger than Earth in "Truth or Square" (Although how big he was would need to be calculated)

"Up to Class Z with Absorption (Absorbed so much water that he became the moon)" should work

Last edited:
If we're going to be downgrading the lifting strength due to inconsistency, at least downgrade them to Class 5 from Mr. Krabs throwing the Krusty Krab upwards.

On the bright side, however, I've been told that him throwing the Krusty Krab could get higher as it's done underwater where the pressure is high.

Oh god AP/durability and speed are probably next

maxresdefault.jpg
Not the exactly next but they are on the list

I also have some other stuff to deal with so the threads might take some time to be released

If we're going to be downgrading the lifting strength due to inconsistency, at least downgrade them to Class 5 from Mr. Krabs throwing the Krusty Krab upwards.
1- How consistent it is? I remember this only happening in a single episode

2- The OP showed some examples of anti-feats that contradict Class 5 LS

On the bright side, however, I've been told that him throwing the Krusty Krab could get higher as it's done underwater where the pressure is high.
I´m a bit iffy on considering that due to SpongeBob´s water contradicts our natural physics several times

Back