• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Glory (Doctor Who) vs The Downstreamers (Manifold)

*facepalm* You just can't help to ask 'landmine questions', don't you?

Before we get ahead of ourselves, after checking through Tardiswiki, there are infinite number of dimensions in whoniverse. Lampreys can eat whole multiverse from whoniverse. Which have infinite dimensions. And Guardians of Time are above Lampreys. The Grace are above GoT. And Glory is hilariously above them all.

So, Lampreys = High 1-B. Downstreamers are equal to Lampreys.

And Lampreys<<GoT<<Grace<<Glory

Glory is 4 levels above Downstreamers.

Better match would be vs Lampreys I think.

Hm, I think Whoniverse is in due upgrades

For Bonus? dunno. Stalemate maybe. You just don't know what sort of craziness Downstreamers+Photino Birds+Xeelee+Monads could cook up. Xeelee alone if they were left alone could match Downstreamers in sheer scale.

Maybe Composite Baxter could even win against Glory

BlaLig wrote:

*facepalm* You just can't help to ask 'landmine questions', don't you?

Before we get ahead of ourselves, after checking through Tardiswiki, there are infinite number of dimensions in whoniverse. Lampreys can eat whole multiverse from whoniverse. Which have infinite dimensions. And Guardians of Time are above Lampreys. The Grace are above GoT. And Glory is hilariously above them all.

So, Lampreys = High 1-B. Downstreamers are equal to Lampreys.

And Lampreys<

Glory is 4 levels above Downstreamers.

Better match would be vs Lampreys I think.

Hm, I think Whoniverse is in due upgrades

For Bonus? dunno. Stalemate maybe. You just don't know what sort of craziness Downstreamers+Photino Birds+Xeelee+Monads could cook up. Xeelee alone if they were left alone could match Downstreamers in sheer scale.

Maybe Composite Baxter could even win against Glory

You should create much more topics about content revision. :)

But I agree. It would be s stalemate. Also, Monads are beings in the Xeelee-verse who can create/destroy/change Type 4 multiverses (High 1-B or 1-A).

*sigh* so much things to revise. I need to scrabble many quotes from threads on SB first though. But eh? Maybe I could become 'whoniverse expert 'indirectly ^_^

Type 4 Multiverse? What is that? You mean Tegmark's Level IV Multiverse or what? If you meant Tegmark's then Downstreamers already created it on first expansion.

BlaLig said:
*sigh* so much things to revise. I need to scrabble many quotes from threads on SB first though. But eh? Maybe I could become 'whoniverse expert 'indirectly ^_^

Type 4 Multiverse? What is that? You mean Tegmark's Level IV Multiverse or what? If you meant Tegmark's then Downstreamers already created it on first expansion.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0302131v1.pdf

"Other mathematical structures"

@Jokecy-1337 Tegmark Level IV Multiverse then. How does that make Monads Tier 1-A? does making Level IV Multiverse makes Monads above duality or something? As I said, Downstreamers also made 'Type 4 Multiverse', you don''t see them being in Tier 1-A.

@loyalservantofinti Glory wins. As I said, Downstreamers are more like Lampreys and yet Glory is still above them.

Downstreamers haven't shown ability to rewrite infinite Manifolds at once

Versatility? Sure, but mostly even Post-FVC they still rely on technology to some degree. And they haven't shown resistance to conceptual manipulation.

When there's evidence for them being 'Possibly Tier 1-A' maybe I'd reconsider. Because obviously you won't get 'conceptual manipulation' out of hard SF novel so you need to have Downstreamers transcend the concept of duality altogether for a sure win.

You don't see Glory's versatility because its supposed to have scaling from weaker beings such as Grace, GoT, Lampreys and Time Lords.

The Glory is a device that constitutes the greatest power in all of the Doctor Who continuity. It has its origins and only appeareance in the DW Comic Strip The Glorious Dead.

The Glory is basically the center of the Omniverse, it's focal point and the thing that holds it together. The Glory has a mind inside of it that acts as its controller, and it has to select a successor from any reality in the Omniverse. If not, ALL REALITIES (i.e. the Omniverse) goes puff.

The Omniverse is the totallity of existence. It includes the Doctor Who Multiverse, Real Life and every single work of fiction you can think of. Just imagine how powerful it is when it can hold all of that together and can control any reality with impunity. The Glory is basically the master control for the Omniverse, and it would be capable of destroying anything bar a true Omnipotent (The One Above All, etc). The Glory has shown that it is the closest nigh-omnipotent to true omnipotence in fiction. It's not Omnipotent because of the fact that it has to select a controller, with the danger of breaking the All down if it doesn't.

Many people say "But has Doctor Who an Omniverse?". This people treat the term "Omniverse" with the meaning of "greater than a Megaverse". Nope. Omniverse means ALL OF FICTION AND REAL LIFE! If you don't understand this, then the true power of the Glory cannot be understood. And if you are gonna say "Prove it!", here I bring you scans from The Glorious Dead to back all of this!:
Nothing1
290e1d9b87aad2edcc-0
Fa4ec0251df714b61a-0

Become the strongest said:
The Glory is a device that constitutes the greatest power in all of the Doctor Who continuity. It has its origins and only appeareance in the DW Comic Strip The Glorious Dead.

The Glory is basically the center of the Omniverse, it's focal point and the thing that holds it together. The Glory has a mind inside of it that acts as its controller, and it has to select a successor from any reality in the Omniverse. If not, ALL REALITIES (i.e. the Omniverse) goes puff.

The Omniverse is the totallity of existence. It includes the Doctor Who Multiverse, Real Life and every single work of fiction you can think of. Just imagine how powerful it is when it can hold all of that together and can control any reality with impunity. The Glory is basically the master control for the Omniverse, and it would be capable of destroying anything bar a true Omnipotent (The One Above All, etc). The Glory has shown that it is the closest nigh-omnipotent to true omnipotence in fiction. It's not Omnipotent because of the fact that it has to select a controller, with the danger of breaking the All down if it doesn't.
Reality - Fiction Interaction

Jockey-1337It seems I failed in my endeavor to upgrade DWverse. Doesn't affect Glory too much though, since it really is that powerful compared to Grace or GoT for example.

Anyway, I'm curious how Monads could contribute in this fight. Where is the quote that makes them able to manipulate Level IV Multiverse? Monads and Downstreamers may be able to make some ridiculous combination. I heard Level IV multiverse is quite ridiculous. It contains everything that could be described mathematically. And apparently, the 'true form' of things inside the multiverse would be abstract, timeless, and unchanging (like Plato's realm of ideas). So that in its own would make Monads/Downstreamers transcend concepts (in a way, which makes them kinda 1-Aish as you said).

As much as I hate to quote a user from another forums : [Level IV multiverse contains universes with different structures of mathematics than ours, contains sets, structures, or systems that exist beyond spacetime, duality, or existence and nonexistence, contains universes with different fundamental laws of physics than ours, contains universes with different laws of logic or metaphysics than ours, contains universes with wholly alien or incomprehensible concepts, or contains impossible worlds.]

Dunno if that interpretation is true or not. If true then Monads and Downstreamers are much more Tier 1-Aish than I thought.... which would enable Baxter-team to win against Glory.

Back