• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Glorious Return of 8-C Captain America (and some others, I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like we mostly agree on applying the 8-C ratings, are the changes I mentioned for Magik and Iron Man Model 2 good to go as well?

I am not sure. I would prefer more confirmations from knowledgeable members first.

I think I just found a solid 9-A+ feat for Wolverine. He tanks getting rammed by a stealth fighter with little to no damage. (Wolverine Vol. 2 #40, June 1991)

Assuming that the jet is a F-117 Nighthawk, taking its empty weight and maximum speed would get a KE of 6.2555218782453e8 joules, or 0.1495105611435318 tons, or Small Building level+. Since Logan tanked this with no real injury, it should support his Building level rating.

I think I just found a solid 9-A+ feat for Wolverine. He tanks getting rammed by a stealth fighter with little to no damage. (Wolverine Vol. 2 #40, June 1991)

Assuming that the jet is a F-117 Nighthawk, taking its empty weight and maximum speed would get a KE of 6.2555218782453e8 joules, or 0.1495105611435318 tons, or Small Building level+. Since Logan tanked this with no real injury, it should support his Building level rating.
Linear momentum will nerf this result.

I’m not a calc person, I don’t know what this means
It means Wolvie won't be 9-A from that feat, but 9-B.

Final Speed = (MassCar*Initial Speed)/(MassPerson+MassCar)

Final KE = 0.5 x MassPerson x Final Speed^2

Wolvie mass= 300 lbs or 136.08 kg.

F-118 Nighthawk= 13,380 kg and 1100 km/h or 305.5556 m/s top speed

Final Speed= (13380 * 305.5556) / (136.08+13380)= 302.47926381 m/s

Final KE Wolverine tanked= 0.5 * 136.08 * 302.47926381^2= 6225231.69058 J or 0.001487866083 tons of TNT (9-B, Wall level)

It means Wolvie won't be 9-A from that feat, but 9-B.

Final Speed = (MassCar*Initial Speed)/(MassPerson+MassCar)

Final KE = 0.5 x MassPerson x Final Speed^2

Wolvie mass= 300 lbs or 136.08 kg.

F-118 Nighthawk= 13,380 kg and 1100 km/h or 305.5556 m/s top speed

Final Speed= (13380 * 305.5556) / (136.08+13380)= 302.47926381 m/s

Final KE Wolverine tanked= 0.5 * 136.08 * 302.47926381^2= 6225231.69058 J or 0.001487866083 tons of TNT (9-B, Wall level)
I hate

I hate so much

Guess I’m looking for more calcs…

In the meantime, it was pretty much agreed to apply Bucky’s new calc and, if we get a bunch of new calcs, change the tiers again if necessary, so can we just do that?

Can I question why Kingpin and Daredevil refer to each other when scaling when the former is 9-A and the latter is 9-B?

Unless we have DD be possibly 8-C as well?

Because I’m pretty sure Daredevil is supposed to downscale physically from Kingpin.

Yeah, what about it? We’re not gonna downgrade the Cap tier characters to 9-A, there’s no reason for that.

Wouldn't the jet feat be higher since its a B-2 spirit bomber or would it still be 9-B?
Nah, not really, if anything Logan's speed would be even lower if the linear momentum formula is to go by, it'd result in an objectively worse result. Since m1v1 = m2v2

Just a brief note that Wolverine can somehow withstand blunt impact blows from the Hulk and Jahf (who beat up Gladiator once), due to nonsensical plot convention, so his durability does not scale to anybody else of comparable supposed street tier physical strength.

If it’s plot convention, then it gets ignored on the page, no? His profile doesn’t acknowledge that, considering that he only has Building level durability normally and his skeleton is the only thing with Galaxy level durability.

If it’s plot convention, then it gets ignored on the page, no? His profile doesn’t acknowledge that, considering that he only has Building level durability normally and his skeleton is the only thing with Galaxy level durability.
AFAIK his skeleton still doesn't prevent him from getting KO'd by sufficiently strong-enough opponents.

It definitely doesn’t, Spider-Man and Sabretooth have both KOed him before.

From what I recall, I inserted that his skeleton greatly protects him against blunt impacts previously. Somebody might have removed it on their own.

Regardless, he genuinely has almost consistently been able to withstand blunt punching impacts from Galaxy level opponents for some stupid story convention reason, and we even have a calculated kinetic energy feat for him in this regard that ended up at 8-A or 7-C, if I do not misremember.

We should preferably re-add that part.

From what I recall, I inserted that his skeleton greatly protects him against blunt impacts previously. Somebody might have removed it on their own.

Regardless, he genuinely has almost consistently been able to withstand blunt punching impacts from Galaxy level opponents for some stupid story convention reason, and we even have a calculated kinetic energy feat for him in this regard that ended up at 8-A or 7-C, if I do not misremember.
8-A which got nuked with the Low 7-C feat Spidey had. But only because Deadpool had 8-A feats as well.

Okay. Noted. Regardless, Wolverine is almost always portrayed as tanking hits from these levels of opponents, instead of his entire body, except for his skeleton, being instantly atomised from the kinetic energy of their slightest touch.

Okay. Noted. Regardless, Wolverine is almost always portrayed as tanking hits from these levels of opponents, instead of his entire body, except for his skeleton, being instantly atomised from the kinetic energy of their slightest touch.
Another thing, Wolvie was knocked out by that 8-A attack, he only wakes up much later IIRC.

There's another problem with this. Wolverine's regen feat being one of them, where a powerful explosion reduces him to ash save for his adamantium skeleton, has he slowly regenerates all his nervous system, organs, muscular system and then skin.

Another thing, Wolvie was knocked out by that 8-A attack, he only wakes up much later IIRC.
Okay, but it was an attack by a 3-C level being, and he still survived it with his body intact.

Logan taking hits from High 6-Cs and 3-Cs, as you said before, can be chalked up to plot convenience, considering that other Tier 8s have consistently harmed and KOed him before.

Well, he so extremely consistently withstands blunt attacks from Hulk-level beings that we cannot reliably scale any other street tier characters from his durability.

So is it consistent and should be on his page or is it plot convenience? It can’t be both.

I would prefer if we mention that he can usually withstand blunt impacts from Hulk-level entities in his durability section.

Oh? It was? What are the chances the 3-C character was holding back?
It has happened too frequently for that to be the case. It is obviously horrible writing though.

I would prefer if we mention that he can usually withstand blunt impacts from Hulk-level entities in his durability section.
How many of these impacts has he withstood without getting KO'd or having suffered massive internal organ damage he'd normally need to heal from?

Actually, this is kinda derailing, because my suggestion for a dura feat doesn’t work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back