• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The first time you found out a character was broken

Basically the first time you or the wiki found out about how broken a character was, likely with one of its first threads or when the profile was first made

If we are talking about a "you thought you knew this guy, then discovered how ridiculously broken he/she/it really is", M I N D H A X (At 7-B) takes it

Well.... He did it.... Though it may be rendered null, he did it.

Did not think that 682 was overpowered outside of the SCP wiki first time I got here.

Oh how wrong I was.

Tfw the main reason why Homura lost to ST the first time was that no one really wanted to defend her due to how spammed she was.

I mean yeah. But I think that the fact that I purposefully waited to not interrupt the grace period kinda shows how I was feeling about defending her.

As Fate said we were all secretely plotting to assassinate her ovo

My main problem is that most of my favorite "broken" characters are guys I already knew were stupid good. It's usually others who find themselves surprised once I feature said characters in matchups/"strongest character" threads and such.

That said, even though I've read his series before, I way underestimated Galbatorix until I actually started seeing him used in matchups. Same with all the Supernatural characters I like.
Grim was another huge surprise for me at first. Glass cannon or not, the guy has some really good powers.

For me personally, it has to go to The First Spinjitzu Master. When i first saw the show, I thought he was a unseen scrub who would get mopped up by the original Dragon Ball cast, but when i actually wrote down his powers...

Wait, are we counting characters whose powers we compiled ourselves, rather than just seeing them on the site?

If that's the case, then these three guys probably take it for me. Especially the second and third; I was already somewhat aware of how powerful the first one was.

The Hunter (or all the gungeoneers) from EtG is unbelievably broken if you give them access to their full arsenal, compared to what you think while playing the game

Homu Sweet Homu said:
I feel that considering the AP gap it was rather unfair. If there was a 4-A Key of Hades, I'm betting it wouldn't go well for him.

I feel that considering the AP gap it was rather unfair. If there was a 4-A Key of Hades, I'm betting it wouldn't go well for him.

Hades Sword
THROW

Pretty sure I was also severely underestimating the Once Upon a Time characters until I saw Rumpelstiltskin being used in matches. That verse definitely surprised me once I started looking into it.

Back