• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Let's see how things would really go, shall we?

01a19d32b1ef20bb3f70864fdfccc4cd.jpg
07316ef8a13209eb4d5d550177a0bad8.jpg

Location is Green Hill Zone and Adventure Era (5-A) keys are being used, both teams start three kilometers away from one another. Speed is not equalized. SBA otherwise.

Team Sonic:

Team Dark: 2 (Peptocoptr27, CBslayeR)

Inconclusive: 8 (The Axiom of Virgo, sonicflare9, Nierre, Gilad Hyperster, LaserPrecision, GlaceonGamez471, JED, Mariogoods)

Let's... get... MOVING!

Last edited:
Didn't Team Sonic canonically fought Team Dark to a standstill? However, there is one advantage to Team Sonic, which is Sonic being able to use the Magic Hands to seal Team Dark

Was it a standstill? I thought the game dubiously ignored the outcome of who won the match. Same with most team battles in the game iirc.
Is it? I didn't really played heroes so idk. I guess since they didn't showed cutscenes O guess it doesn't matter who won

In that case I vote for Team Sonic because Sonic has more skills than Shadow, and can uae the Magic Hands if he needs to

Was it a standstill? I thought the game dubiously ignored the outcome of who won the match. Same with most team battles in the game iirc.
They never say directly but it was likely just a standstill since the other fights had a similar nonchalant response after and those were standstills.
As for who wins, ima comment later lol

Leaning towards team Dark rn since they're more likely to use hax. I expect Shadow to lead with Chaos control and for his team to really capitalize on it. Even if Team Sonic manages to properly recover and even dish back all the damage they took from the time stop, Shadow can heal his team with the heal canon and hit back at least twice as hard by taking off his inhibitors.

Yeah no shit lol. Also stronger than Knuckles and Omega based on how he's portrayed. It's not like Shadow is carrying his entire team on his back, either. Omega has a wider variety of ranged firepower that he's more likely to use in-character than anyone in Team Sonic. Meanwhile, Rouge has the combined mobillity of Tails and Knuckles. The fight takes place in an elevated land surrounded by water and Sonic is canonically the only one who can't ****** swim.

I feel like it kinda depends on who beats who in the initial fights. I don't think they'd really tag team anyone here since Sonic Knuckles and Shadow usually try to fight on their own and I'd imagine they'd tell off anyone who tried to tag team out of anger or worry for their safety. Trying to tag team one person could also leave one of their members vulnerable at the same time so I feel they're smart enough to try not to do that extensively, basically if Sonic and Tails team up on Shadow for example suddenly Knuckles is getting jumped by Omega and Rouge which isn't great for either side.

I'd imagine it'd start with Sonic vs Shadow, Tails vs Rouge/Omega depending on if Knuckles goes after Rouge or Omega. So since we usually treat Sonic vs Shadow as an incon it really depends on who wins the other two fights because then jumping one person is suddenly a very powerful option

Shadow's inhibitors would be OOC here I feel unless he was backed in a corner, the only time we saw him do it was against Mephiles and his clones. Even then I think Team Sonic would be coordinated enough to deal with it since that situation would only really happen if Rouge and Omega went down.

I expect Shadow to lead with Chaos control and for his team to really capitalize on it.
It's important to note that Shadow doesn't go for Chaos Control straight for the bat when facing Sonic in-character Post-SA2, considering how fiercely competitive their rivalry is. This is depicted in every game afterwards, from Heroes to Shadow the Hedgehog to Chronicles (now non-canon but the example still stands).

Though, of course, it's still within the realm of possibility.

The fight takes place in an elevated land surrounded by water and Sonic is canonically the only one who can't ****** swim.
To be fair, Sonic is the one who knows the area best out of all of them. It'd rely on Sonic both being distracted enough to not know he's near water and being pressured enough for it to actually be a problem.

I have no bias here, just playing Devil's Advocate

Last edited:
This might be shaping up to be another incon, but I'm still voting for Team Dark because they seem to have more reliable in-character options if they're backed against a corner by the opposing team. Chaos control, inhibitor removal, and Omega's big **** off laser being a few of them

I'm pretty sure Shadow only learned about his inhibitor rings removal in Shadow the Hedgehog or something, definitely not in Heroes

Sonic can do Chaos Control himself, should remind you, and can seal Shadow with the Magic Hands. Also, pretty sure Sonic can avoid Omega's attacks and counter with light speed attack or something, not to mention Team Sonic have their own Team attack against them

This might be shaping up to be another incon, but I'm still voting for Team Dark because they seem to have more reliable in-character options if they're backed against a corner by the opposing team.
Part of the reason I did this match is because these are characters familiar with one another, so wouldn't Team Sonic (or at least Sonic himself) be aware of how privvy Shadow is to using hax and account for it since it was the first thing Shadow ever did against him? Hell, couldn't you argue Sonic could do the same since the most he ever spammed Chaos Control was against Shadow himself in SA2 as well?

Their own Team Blast shouldn't be ignored either, considering Sonic's Light Attack happens so fast it's considered to be done "instantly" by comparison to their normal speed.

Again, just trying to throw some discourse in there lol. This discussion is fun

For Sonic in particular, it's because of Shadow's intense rivalry with him. It's a "prove who's best" approach in almost literally every time they fight (and the plethora of examples in Shadow's game to back it up, where some endings are literally just Shadow trying to prove he's better than Sonic). It's also why Shadow doesn't just "Chaos Control gg" from the get-go every time they fight but can absolutely shit on somebody like Infinite on their first encounter, it's a character thing. Edit: It's also telling that the only time Shadow led with hax against Sonic was on his very first encounter with him.

Last edited:
For Sonic in particular, it's because of Shadow's intense rivalry with him. It's a "prove who's best" approach in almost literally every time they fight (and the plethora of examples in Shadow's game to back it up, where some endings are done literally just Shadow trying to prove he's better than Sonic). It's also why Shadow doesn't just "Chaos Control gg" from the get-go every time they fight but can absolutely shit on somebody like Infinite on their first encounter, it's a character thing.
I guess this makes sense. In that case, that would also mean Shadow won't use his other haxes in Sonic as again, he would want to prove he's the Ultimate Life Form, and while Sonic's reasons were different, he would also act similarly (as he never used the magic hands on Shadow)

Then why didn't he used it before then? Even when fighting the other teams or Metal Madness. Hell Shadow would've killed Sonic in SA2 if he'd have used it, and Shadow was wanting to kill him in that match
When the **** did he learn then? Did he go to Shadow school after his game and just figured it out? Why didn't character no use x move isn't a counter argument, the real reason is that the move wasn't made back then

I agree with Shadow always having access to his uninhibited state, however, I am in doubt he'd use it against Sonic as he never has shown to do so against Sonic. The only time he used it was against an enemy he deemed a threat after being cornered by clones to quickly clear out the area. I also doubt he'll use Chaos Control hax to easy gg win the match too.

As for who I think wins? That's a hard pick, a bit indecisive at the moment, but I do think if Sonic defeats Shadow, or Shadow defeats Sonic, the battle is already won from that point on.

Sonic certainly has more experience under his belt, and has already faced Shadow (I've seen arguments for Sonic winning their last encounter Adventure 2, but I've also seen the opposite, not really sure myself, but I think I recall the argument from Sonic winning their last encounter being more convincing) so I may give a slight edge to him since I doubt Shadow's going to be whipping out Chaos Control (Well, at least not time stopping or anything like that) or taking off his inhibitor rings against Sonic due to reasons already listed by Shake.

I like how this has essentially devolved into yet another Sonic Vs Shadow debate lol! Yet more proof Sega are trash at utilising the extended cast in the core games (Remember when Knux was on the same level as Shadow and Sonic?, When Rouge was one of the MCs?, When Tails actually got involved in the fighting?, etc).

Either way I've got no stake in this "team" match but it seems it'll be yet another male hedgehog supremacy incon judging by the back and forth here. My gratuitous facetiousness aside, lets just continue to enjoy this hilarious debate between Team carried by the mascot Vs Team carried by the rival character that always comes 2nd behind the mascot.

And the DB and Sonic parallels continue.

Remember when Knux was on the same level as Shadow and Sonic?, When Rouge was one of the MCs?, When Tails actually got involved in the fighting?
Time to correct those mistakes as well as we can here, amirite? It's partly why I chose the Adventure Era for this fight, since things like Knuckles being stronger than Sonic/Inhibited Shadow, or Tails still being heavy on the action, still hold true

Time to correct those mistakes as well as we can here, amirite? It's partly why I chose the Adventure Era for this fight, since things like Knuckles being stronger than Sonic/Inhibited Shadow, or Tails still being heavy on the action, still hold true
Yeah I can't but empathize with the frustration of numerous fans with the constant "lame friends" circlejerk that's still prevalent even today. I mean my favourite character was clearly introduced to be Sonic's equal in her debut game only for her backstory to be retconned in the next game, killed off in an overall pointless sacrifice, be used as shipping bait for the new "hedgehog" and in the end just ends up needing to be saved in the last mainline game she made appearance in, being relegated to just another cheerleader (While Shadow and Silver conveniently didn't need to be saved). How do you think I feel?

But I digress (sorry for the rant but it's something I kinda needed to get off my chest). Either way both Team Sonic and Team Dark both have access to the Chaos Emeralds moreover they're aware of each other's P&A this alone is screaming INCON tbh.

I'm pretty sure Shadow only learned about his inhibitor rings removal in Shadow the Hedgehog or something, definitely not in Heroes
Even if that was true, Shadow The Hedgehog is a part of the Adventure era. which also means Shadow has a ******* GUN, so gg.
I agree with Shadow always having access to his uninhibited state, however, I am in doubt he'd use it against Sonic as he never has shown to do so against Sonic. The only time he used it was against an enemy he deemed a threat after being cornered by clones to quickly clear out the area. I also doubt he'll use Chaos Control hax to easy gg win the match too.
Yeah. Now I agree. He should still use it if he ends up as the last member of his team against two or more members of Team Sonic, though. Considering Team Sonic should be weakened at this point, this could seriously turn the tide, especially since Shadow would probably resort to using more hax by this point, too.
As for who I think wins? That's a hard pick, a bit indecisive at the moment, but I do think if Sonic defeats Shadow, or Shadow defeats Sonic, the battle is already won from that point on.
What about if Rouge beats Knuckles? Or if Tails beats Omega? If this fight was just 3 individual 1v1s, I do think this is the duel each of them would chose, but it isn't. Teamwork is the whole gimmick of these two trios, so there's more to account for here. I do think team Sonic should have slightly better team work since they've known each other for longer along with having more experience individually, but team Dark has better weapons, infinitely better stamina as far as Shadow and Omega are concerned, and better trump cards (or at least a seemingly greater affinity towards trump cards both teams have in common). Again, I don't think inhibitor removals or time stop is normally in character for Shadow to use against Sonic, but if his friends are at stake, I do expect Shadow to put his rivalry with Sonic aside more and more assuming the fight tilts in team Sonic's favor. Keep in mind this is Adventure era Shadow, so he's not an edgy selfish douche yet (his solo game is an outlier to his character at this point).

Adventure Shadow would still not use it because he didn't try to use it on Sonic when they fought (two times in SA2, and once in Heroes)

And also, Sonic can seal with the magic hands, and unlike Shadow, Sonic can use it perfectly fine during gameplay while Shadow used it only against Mephiles or in his solo game

Shadow resists sealing bruh. Sonic could use the magic hand on other members of team Dark, but Shadow can do the same with the Egg Vacuum, which should work on all members of team Sonic since last time I checked, Sonic doesn't have the same resistance Shadow has.

Shadow wouldn't hax Sonic anyways, and actually neither will use hax. In character against each other they strike with their power, use light speed attack and chaos control to keep up with each other (Modern versions also boost too, and Adventure Sonic have the boost via Sonic Rush, but I'm fine if it's not used)

Yeah. Now I agree. He should still use it if he ends up as the last member of his team against two or more members of Team Sonic, though. Considering Team Sonic should be weakened at this point, this could seriously turn the tide, especially since Shadow would probably resort to using more hax by this point, too.
As far as we know, the state is only temporary based on what we saw in Sonic 06. Not to mention, Shadow needs to remove the rings in order to access the state, to begin with. I'm unsure he'll get that opportunity if he's being dogged on by 3 fighters. Especially Team Sonic who knows not to underestimate Shadow's strength. Not to mention, with Tails they would be able to fly out of range if they're quick to act. From which they can wait out the temporary boost.
What about if Rouge beats Knuckles? Or if Tails beats Omega? If this fight was just 3 individual 1v1s, I do think this is the duel each of them would chose, but it isn't. Teamwork is the whole gimmick of these two trios, so there's more to account for here. I do think team Sonic should have slightly better team work since they've known each other for longer along with having more experience individually, but team Dark has better weapons, infinitely better stamina as far as Shadow and Omega are concerned, and better trump cards (or at least a seemingly greater affinity towards trump cards both teams have in common). Again, I don't think inhibitor removals or time stop is normally in character for Shadow to use against Sonic, but if his friends are at stake, I do expect Shadow to put his rivalry with Sonic aside more and more assuming the fight tilts in team Sonic's favor. Keep in mind this is Adventure era Shadow, so he's not an edgy selfish douche yet (his solo game is an outlier to his character at this point).
I feel as if though Shadow and Sonic are the biggest trump-cards of the team, as in the biggest threats/assets to the team. Thus why I felt one of their removals is more notable than if the people who clearly don't carry the team are taken out. But that is a valid point.

Kinda iffy on Shadow having limitless stamina though given the source is from the Sonic 2006 prima guidebook, the same game where Shadow was shown to tire from fighting Silver (Panting after their battle), I feel it was more hyperbolic of him having incredible stamina or will to continue fighting (thus never 'tiring'). Could be wrong on this though, but it is weird the source is for a book for a game where Shadow shows signs of exhaustion. As far as Omega's concerned, yes, limitless stamina. Useful for drawing out fights.

Back