• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah, don't worry, I'm an Undertale fan too. I'm aware of the fight (Undyne was harder tbh, that boss ****** me up way longer than Sans).

Knuckles has AoE attacks, I think that could take care of all tangible attacks (Tangible to Knuckles of course). The problem is the TK.

If Knuckles starts with AoE attacks, he could potentially take out Sans quickly as both require hand movements (TK, not his other attacks).
1- Weird undyne was easy for me I guess it depends on the reaction speed

2- Yeah AoE attacks are most of the time problem for sans but I am not sure if he can take out the attacks since if sans sees Knuckles destroying the bones he will just spawn them under and knuckles wouldn't be able to dodge them while destroying the attacks right?

3- Yeah he could, how does his AoE look like? Can sans teleport away from them?

Shockwave Generation (Can punch the ground hard enough to create an omnidirectional shock wave that disorientates and dizzies opponents, or causes a small volcanic eruption)

Knuckles’ “Hammer Punch” or “Knuckle Slam” techniques would be instant wins wouldn’t they? Knux is able to induce harmful tremors all around him.
IMG_7829.png

Last edited:
So Kunckles's wincons are probaby AOE attacks but since he'll starts off with just punching first. Sans may most likely kill him with dura neg bones and gaster blasters to the soul first.

So Sans gets my vote unless I hear something else.

1- Weird undyne was easy for me I guess it depends on the reaction speed
I don't think it's reaction speed as much as it is being able to control your reflex's. The problem for me was the spears that changed direction and hit you from the opposite side.

I beat Sans in a few attempts, he didn't pull any nonsense like that, so it was much easier for me.
2- Yeah AoE attacks are most of the time problem for sans but I am not sure if he can take out the attacks since if sans sees Knuckles destroying the bones he will just spawn them under and knuckles wouldn't be able to dodge them while destroying the attacks right?
Spawn them under what? Underground. If he's causing AoE tremors, that'd take care of it tbh. If he spawned them in the air that'd be a problem (Unless his tremors travel through air, haven't played rivals tbh).
3- Yeah he could, how does his AoE look like? Can sans teleport away from them?
Someone beat me to it.
Goofy ass attack, if he uses it yes but would he do it first in character?
The way Knuckles approaches a fight depends on the opponent. If the opponent warrants AoE attacks, he'll do so. If they don't he'll use his fists.

He’ll probably pull those attacks out mid-combat after Sans keeps dodging.

Also, I always hear Undertale Soul hax isn’t an insta-kill.

I don't think it's reaction speed as much as it is being able to control your reflex's. The problem for me was the spears that changed direction and hit you from the opposite side.
I had a harder time at sans because of how much damage he did so fast

Spawn them under what? Underground. If he's causing AoE tremors, that'd take care of it tbh. If he spawned them in the air that'd be a problem (Unless his tremors travel through air, haven't played rivals tbh).
I mean if he uses the AoE tremors he insta wins and if he doesn't use them as fast as he should, I guess sans dura negs and hits him with bones from the ground
The way Knuckles approaches a fight depends on the opponent. If the opponent warrants AoE attacks, he'll do so. If they don't he'll use his fists.
Hmm would sans be called AoE? I mean its danmaku maybe blasters may be AoE

He’ll probably pull those attacks out mid-combat after Sans keeps dodging.
I don't think knuckles can survive long enough to make sans dodge a couple of times, Sans danmaku is crazy
Also, I always hear Undertale Soul hax isn’t an insta-kill.
Sans Soul hax* and yes it isn't but its still insanely fast since he can kill frisk who has a durable soul and 90 hp in like 3 seconds or smth

I had a harder time at sans because of how much damage he did so fast
Fair.
I mean if he uses the AoE tremors he insta wins and if he doesn't use them as fast as he should, I guess sans dura negs and hits him with bones from the ground
Pretty much yea. I guess you could say Incon is within possibility. I mean if Sans slams him into the ground, I would think Sans would counter with his AoE tho.
Hmm would sans be called AoE? I mean its danmaku maybe blasters may be AoE
AoE is really just how much space an attack occupies, so technically all attacks are AoE, some are just less so. Sans has concentrated beams with decent width, Knuckles has an omnidirectional tremor that goes out pretty far. I'd say Knuckles AoE is more useful in most cases, but it's a case by case thing.

Pretty much yea. I guess you could say Incon is within possibility. I mean if Sans slams him into the ground, I would think Sans would counter with his AoE tho.
I think it depends on knuckles. If he just uses the tremors instantly or just after getting hit once he will probably win, if he spends even a little time not doing it sans just does his good ol "danmaku gg"
AoE is really just how much space an attack occupies, so technically all attacks are AoE, some are just less so. Sans has concentrated beams with decent width, Knuckles has an omnidirectional tremor that goes out pretty far. I'd say Knuckles AoE is more useful in most cases, but it's a case by case thing.
I was talking about if knuckles would count sans danmaku as AoE and use his own AoE, I mean yeah but sans bones aren't really AoE more like projectiles

I think it depends on knuckles. If he just uses the tremors instantly or just after getting hit once he will probably win, if he spends even a little time not doing it sans just does his good ol "danmaku gg"

I was talking about if knuckles would count sans danmaku as AoE and use his own AoE, I mean yeah but sans bones aren't really AoE more like projectiles
I would think if slammed into the ground, Knuckles would think his AoE tremors would be the best solution since he's pinned against the ground, so it makes sense. I also see him trying to use AoE to counter the bones and stuff over dodging it since he prefers a hands up approach rather than trying to play it defensive (Not that he can't, but we know he's kind of a hot head and prefers using his fists).

So I think in this particular match he'd end up using AoE early unless he's feeling extra stupid today.

I would think if slammed into the ground, Knuckles would think his AoE tremors would be the best solution since he's pinned against the ground, so it makes sense. I also see him trying to use AoE to counter the bones and stuff over dodging it since he prefers a hands up approach rather than trying to play it defensive (Not that he can't, but we know he's kind of a hot head and prefers using his fists).
sans would let knuckles go after hitting him on the ground though right and wouldn't knuckles wait for danmaku to end before attacking or would he attack while the bones are coming at him
So I think in this particular match he'd end up using AoE early unless he's feeling extra stupid today.
Yeah but I think its an incon since it feels like a 50/50 you know?

I am still waiting a bit but if no other debate is brought up I will vote incon siding a tiny bit towards sans danmaku

sans would let knuckles go after hitting him on the ground though right and wouldn't knuckles wait for danmaku to end before attacking or would he attack while the bones are coming at him
While it's true he lets go, he'd probably be anticipating it again. On top of that, he'd see bones are coming for him immediately after and just counter with a tremor.

It is in character for Knuckles to destroy objects in the way or coming at him. So if a wave of a shit ton of bones were coming at him after being tk'd into the ground, I def think he'd counter with a tremor and then immediately AFTER try to run up to Sans for a follow up thinking he'll live through it (Which obviously he wouldn't due to Sans durability).

While it's true he lets go, he'd probably be anticipating it again. On top of that, he'd see bones are coming for him immediately after and just counter with a tremor.

It is in character for Knuckles to destroy objects in the way or coming at him. So if a wave of a shit ton of bones were coming at him after being tk'd into the ground, I def think he'd counter with a tremor and then immediately AFTER try to run up to Sans for a follow up thinking he'll live through it (Which obviously he wouldn't due to Sans durability).
I see what you mean but bones are pretty fast and it seems like knuckles has no way to dodge the first bone attack that comes from the ground so wouldnt that kill or hurt Knuckles a lot?

I see what you mean but bones are pretty fast and it seems like knuckles has no way to dodge the first bone attack that comes from the ground so wouldnt that kill or hurt Knuckles a lot?
The bones are fast, but aren't they equalized here? I believe it's only Gaster Blaster's that scale above in speed.

Assuming he does get hurt by the bones first he'd immediately use tremor, though I do think after the first use of TK he would use the AoE tremor. Why? Simple, because he would immediately know he couldn't get in close to Sans otherwise. It's like Silver in Sonic. The typical counter to fight Silver despite his huge range advantage via TK is to use projectiles or hax like time manipulation to get in close and hurt him.

So I think Sans would use the tremor knowing its the best way to get him in close. So like he'd use the tremor and then runs towards Sans, though in this case Sans would already be dead from the tremor (Knuckles would expect him to live through it).

I think it could be a decisive win. Sans can kill Knuckles VERY quickly with his danmaku, it's just that Knuckles is competent enough to use his win-con right away to counter Sans.
Yeah but as you said unless knuckles is a idiot he will just AoE the second he gets slammed and then sans will just die and maybe hurt knuckles a bit by the bones

Yeah but as you said unless knuckles is a idiot he will just AoE the second he gets slammed and then sans will just die and maybe hurt knuckles a bit by the bones
Did you mean to say isn't an idiot? Either way, while that's true, had Knuckles let Sans live even a little bit longer, he could've very well died. Thus why I think it's a fair win rather than a stomp. As the only thing giving Knuckles the win here is quick thinking on his part.

Did you mean to say isn't an idiot? Either way, while that's true, had Knuckles let Sans live even a little bit longer, he could've very well died. Thus why I think it's a fair win rather than a stomp. As the only thing giving Knuckles the win here is quick thinking on his part.
Oh yeah typed it wrong, Hmm I see then I guess knuckles wins but when I think about it wouldnt it be a incon? Both of them can kill eachother very fast and it seems like a 50/50. If thats not the case I think knuckles wins if its not a incon

Oh yeah typed it wrong, Hmm I see then I guess knuckles wins but when I think about it wouldnt it be a incon? Both of them can kill eachother very fast and it seems like a 50/50. If thats not the case I think knuckles wins if its not a incon
I think incon is the second most likely thing to happen as if Knuckles chooses to not play it smart he could very well lose too while possibly also eliminating Sans. I just think Knuckles winning is slightly more likely as he's very competent in battle and its very in character for him to take a hands on approach or open an opportunity for a hands on approach and thus would use his AoE right away thinking it will create an opening, unknowingly to him accidentally killing Sans.

I am on my phone so I can't make the match but can someone do tails vs sans? Also is there any good sonic 2-As that can fight maxwell and not make it a stomp

Back