• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Firefly's Last Flight

Goodbye, Scarlet. Even though I didn't know you that much, I wish you good luck in your future endeavors and hope everything in your private life works out!

Jesus Christ, lots of people are leaving these days

Regardless, i wish you luck in your future endeavors, and i hope Real Life goes well for you in the future

Dang, didn't expect another one so soon.

Well, good luck in life, even if I didn't really know you well.

Wow... two familiars gone. And so soon. I can't believe it. Take care Scarlet. Good luck to you in both real life and online.

Oh man, another mod right after PaChi? Unfort.

That said, I hope you have good luck in your future endeavors. Take care!

Really sad to see you go too; you seemed like a really cool Mod during the times you were active. The, "Featured Versus Threads" was such a great and innovative idea; hopefully someone could continue that idea.

I do hope your RL turns out very well.

Now we got more Admins then we do Discussion Mods. 16 Vs 15 X.X

To be fair, a lot of mods have been getting promoted not too long prior to some of these mods leaving. Still sad to see them go after all this time. Plus we're always watching for more staff member potentials.

Again? How many staff members are leaving this month? Eh, hope you do well in life and such. You're always welcome back any time.

Goodbye Scarlet, I wish you good luck and good winds wherever you may go, and perhaps return here someday, even if only to participate in versus threads for fun.

Other staff will rise and fall. Ryukama wasn't a bureaucrat a while ago, and we have many new Discussion Mods. Of course people will leave; it's the natural progression of things. We are gaining far more than we are losing, however. We will have normal users become Mods, Mods become Admins, and Admins become Bureaucrats.

Over time the staff will rotate out. Look at the retired section of the VS Battles Staff page. There are a LOT of retirees out there. That said, the Wiki is still growing at rates we have never seen before. Acting like this is some sudden end of the Wiki is completely absurd, and no one user's retirement would bring down the Wiki.

Man, two members back to back. That's a bit depressing. However, I wish you luck Firefly, in any of your future endeavors. Take care!

Like Assalt said, I haven't been a bureacrat that long. While I may do a lot of work, the site has proven for years to be capable of surviving and thriving without me. I trust in the compentence, reliability and hard work of our current staff, and the newcomers that will replace them when they retire. This wiki will be just fine. Don't worry. The last thing I want is for anyone to be scared or panic when I eventually leave.

Ryukama said:
Like Assalt said, I haven't been a bureacrat that long. While I may do a lot of work, the site has proven for years to be capable of surviving and thriving without me. I trust in the compentence, reliability and hard work of our current staff, and the newcomers that will replace them when they retire. This wiki will be just fine. Don't worry. The last thing I want is for anyone to be scared or panic when I eventually leave.
I agree with Ryukama. Also, I will probably stay for at least a few more years unless something very bad happens IRL.

In addition, we currently have almost as many page views per month as the DC Comics wiki, and are constantly growing in popularity, so there is no reason to think that the wiki will wither and die because some staff members gradually have to focus on schoolwork or other real world issues. There is no conspiracy to this.

Mind you, I greatly appreciate and need all of their help, but as long as we focus on consistently promoting new competent staff via recruitment drives, we will not end up with an unmanaged community. Also, to maintain their interest for as long as possible, it is important that we all do our best to create a friendly and collaborative atmosphere.

Back