• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Firefly's Last Flight

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
I guess my time has finally come. I tried to stay active here throughout the last months despite having a lot of stuff going on in my life, and I failed. Through no direct fault of mine or anyone else's, I've lost my desire and drive to participate in discussions whether they are Content Revisions, Versus threads or otherwise.

But this is not to say I've not enjoyed my time here. I've had a lot of great discussions over the course of my stay here, with a lot of good and fun people. I've also had my moments of frustration and poor judgement, but those are also part of what makes the whole thing more real I guess. I came here when I wasn't really feeling all that good about my life and I'd like to think it helped me, not only by creating distractions, but also making friends with people here.

I'd like to greet everyone, mods or otherwise, who in one way or another, have worked to help this community grow or better itself, as well as the newer members of the community who have the desire to do the same. I especially would like to greet Ryukama, as one of the most hardworking members here, as a fellow Kill la Kill fan, and above all as someone I've had the pleasure to call my friend.

Perhaps the Firefly will light up and fly once again sometime in the future, but until then, take care everyone.

NEIN this time of year is weird AF

More people going ahhhhh life...i may not know you much but while limited i think you wee a chill dude and its sad to see ya go just like the others. Take care man and may life give the best for you and those that left before ya

I am going to miss you, and forever regret that we didn't talk that much. You were a great member and quite productive staff. I was always fond of you.

I will miss you sincerity. I hope that in the future, when you are less occupied in your life, you may return.

I wish you only the very best.

Anyway, sheer disappoint at one of the few people on this site who's actually good at debating leaving for a while, We've....Had our ups and downs no doubt

Still, I respected you on this site and regret not taking to ya enough.

(Sigh) We're losing too many.

Hey, I'll miss ya, man. I'll pour one out for ya. Have a good life, man, and I wish the best for you on your future endeavors.

Bye man, while we might not have talked as much I do remember how often you would help me whenever I had a question about the wiki, it's truly sad to see you go.

Damn...

I sincerely wish you the best for the future. Real life comes first, and it's only fair that you focus on it.

Hopefully we'll see each other again in the future, maybe when you are less busy.

Goodbye and I wish you good luck.

Everyone, please understand that it is natural for people to leave after a while. Firefly has been here since August 17, 2015, which is more than most people on this wiki by over a whole year.

People are always leaving, yes, but people are also always joining. It is the natural way of things. Time passes, people change, and their interests change with them, or alternatively circumstances make it so that people no longer have the available time to remain active here.

So please, don't treat this as apocalyptic or anything.

I am sorry about some of the difficulties you've been going through. I certainly hope everything will be taken care of soon.

You were by far one of my best friends online. You were one of the only people I knew online or IRL that cared about my favorite series as much as I did. You and Cal were the only people I really opened up to about some of my personal issues. I am really thankful for everything.

Would it be possible for you to still be able to talk on your or my message wall, but you don't participate in any CRTs or VS threads? Or if we can still PM each other on FF.net? I really don't want to stop talking to you.

Either way I support your decision. Big thanks for everything and see ya :)

Farewell Scarlet. Even though we've haven't talked that much, I hope that things work out well for you in the future, and that you can be able to return here one day.

And another one bites the dust.

We will miss you!

Marinangemon ex2 collectors card
Hearts out to you and your future endeavors

@Kep No problem and those kind words mean an absolute great deal to me.

I am sorry to hear that you are going to leave, but thank you for all of your help with this site over the years, and wish you the best for your future.

Goodbye and please take care of yourself. As I said to PaChi2, you are always welcome back to the staff if you should change your mind.

Christ.

I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said by someone else who knew you better. But I do hope you manage to pull through whatever it is you're going through in life right now, and I respect your decision to leave if it means dealing with it better, and I understand the desire to leave if you've lost interest in this place. If something stops being interesting, sometimes it's better to quit for a while.

If I'm right, you were the one who first decided to give back to the less actively used profiles here by doing those featured matchups of yours. Most people wouldn't even bother trying something like that, so the fact that you did is worthy of some extreme respect. And as a person who likes to see debates surrounding underused characters, I personally find the act of doing that to be especially commendable.

You'll be missed. Hopefully if you return, you and I might get a chance to actually speak to each other. I'm kicking myself over the fact that we haven't yet.

Yeah above all else I hope your real life turns out alright, none of us here would want anything bad to happen to you.

Back