• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Final Battle: Mario VS Luigi (7-0-0)

Super Mario Vs. Super Luigi​

• Fight Location: Peach Castle
  • Starting Distance: 50 Meters
  • Both are 2-B
  • Both in character
  • Fully Equipped
  • Win by KO or Incap
Mario: @ZespeonGalaxy @SuperMarioGamers3 @The_Almighty_Wholesome @jojo123 @koopa3144 @Mariogoods @SuperStar @JJSliderman
Luigi:

Inconclusive:
Pihnv4A.jpg

Last edited:
Both in character, Neither would kill each other obviously. Are both fully equipped or have standard equipment?

Ok so uh both are so similar. Luigi knows more about Mario than Mario knows about Luigi. Mario is more experienced, Mario is deemed stronger than Luigi. Luigi is smarter with his tactics and abilities. But in character they would start with fireballs, thunder, hammer swinging, and then realize it doesnt get them far though Mario has cappy already equipped so I’ll vote Mario

Ok so uh both are so similar. Luigi knows more about Mario than Mario knows about Luigi. Mario is more experienced, Mario is deemed stronger than Luigi. Luigi is smarter with his tactics and abilities. But in character they would start with fireballs, thunder, hammer swinging, and then realize it doesnt get them far though Mario has cappy already equipped so I’ll vote Mario
I think it should also be noted that Luigi is generally more agile than Mario, considering Luigi's relative speed and acrobatics compared to Mario.

I think it should also be noted that Luigi is generally more agile than Mario, considering Luigi's relative speed and acrobatics compared to Mario.
However, it's also a showcase of his lack of control compared to Mario, making the latter generally more efficient and skilled.

I was late...

Now my opinion is irrelevant to make this inconclusive 😞

Edit: Wait, there is one extremely bad error in the debate, I will post it

Both starts with the same abilities, but the moment you mentioned cappy is wrong, Luigi can use his vacuum to suck him

Plus, Luigi would resist Cappy for wearing a cap and using the vacuum would be his first option after both use their usual arsenal of power ups

Last edited:
Yeah, I dunno how anyone missed Cappy's weakness against HATS BEING WORN. That and the Poltergust 3000 can really turn the tide in Luigi's favor when dealing with Cappy.

Luigi doesn't have time manipulation without items, no idea why that's listed as one of his innate abilities (Probably left over from when we treated that focus mode from tennis aces as time manipulation instead of perception manipulation)

Since both are fully equipped Mario has way more at his disposal than Luigi does and resists more of Luigi's abilities than Luigi resists Marios (Mario can use stuff like transmutation & power null without issue while Luigi's own use of those abilities get negged due to Mario resisting them). Mario also has way more experience, and can restart the battle way more than Luigi can due to having both earlier times and retry clocks while Luigi only has the latter. Mario would probably end up winning like 6 times outta 10 due to sheer versatility and resisting some of Luigi's best stuff.

Mario can use stuff like transmutation & power null without issue while Luigi's own use of those abilities get negged due to Mario resisting them)
Where is Power Null in Mario profile? Is the same as Luigi or he has more usages?

In Luigi´s his power null are battle cards (no idea how this works or the effects) and the guard shell is a defensive power Null so Mario resistance does not work here

And I see his transmutation resistance but without any explanation

But your reasoning now works, if people wants to vote for your reasons then is good, I will vote Mario also unless someone else brings anything

Where is Power Null in Mario profile? Is the same as Luigi or he has more usages?
Has it listed via the Pure Hearts

In Luigi´s his power null are battle cards (no idea how this works or the effects) and the guard shell is a defensive power Null so Mario resistance does not work here
No idea why battle cards and guard shell are listed as power null (It should be damage reduction & barrier creation), but Luigi has regular ol' power null with the Pure Hearts just like Mario does.

And I see his transmutation resistance but without any explanation
Another symptom of our Mario profiles being bad, nothing is explained lmao. Anyway transmutation resistance comes from the safety ring in Legend of the Seven Stars, it protects Mario from the transmutation spells in the game (Which is even more impressive than it sounds since those same spells can affect Bowser who has a natural resistance to transmutation)

Back