• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The End of Time [A Hat in Time revision thread]

EMagoIorSouI

They/Them
For the last year I've been giving off countless revisions to the Hat in Time verse. This might possibly very well be my final one (unless GFB surprises us with a new DLC and character). So, let's do this.

[ -- THE SNATCHER -- ]

Reality Warping - His ability to create objects out of thin air advocates this, but there's another piece of evidence that supports this. Apparently when Hat Kid is sent to his Pocket Dimension, this isn't teleportation, it's instead Snatcher warping the area into a purple pocket dimension. If you look closer frame-by-frame, the pocket dimension itself briefly appears along the fabric of space. He has at least 3 other examples of this as well.

He warps the area around the battlefield in his fight (If you look closely the minions aren't standing on any ground, proving the evironment was warped. It's an effect similar to the Time Pieces).

He again warps the area during his fight and combines this ability with Darkness Manipulation by warping the area into a dark void (again, looking at this frame-by-frame helps).

Then, at the end of his battle he presumably creates a black void and then teleports himself and Hat Kid into it. Pocket Reality Manipulation should as well support this ability.

With this, BFR should stay, a change of context is all that is needed. He is still banishing and trapping Hat Kid in a pocket dimension (I checked up with Antvasima and DarkDragonMedeus for this and they both said that trapping an opponent in a pocket dimension via Reality Warping still counts as BFR, it's just a different method of doing so) and the only difference is that he isn't teleporting her. It still counts because he's warping and creating a new area altogether to trap her in, it technically still applies like being teleported into a pocket dimension, it's just the other way around. Would this also apply as Spatial Manipulation too, or just Reality Warping?

Weather Manipulation - Since he's warping the environment to create a pocket dimension, he should as well be responsible for creating the monstrous storm clouds seen in the distance.

Homing Attack - He locks an explosive flask onto Hat Kid to follow her.

Limitless Stamina - After his battle with Hat Kid, he showed no signs of fatigued and only acted tired and hurt to trick her into approaching him, proving that their fight didn't exhaust him at all. This is marked on his profile as Low Regen, but looking back at it, it seems he was only acting tired and hurt, while in reality he was completely fine. He has far better regen anyways so counting this as Low Regen is kind of redundant, and is likely false anyways, classifying it as limitless stamina would be a safer bet. There's also the Death Wish "Quality Time With Snatcher", where he is able to use a multitude of his abilities for 6 minutes straight without showing any signs of exhaustion. In fact, instead of slowing down, his attack speed increases, another sign that he indeed can't get tired. The stamina page even says that limitless stamina applies to characters who can demonstrate their abilities without showing any signs of exhaustion for a certain amount of time. Snatcher should be no exception.

Energy Manipulation - He can control and move energy signatures around with his telekinesis

Type 2 Immortality - Even when splitting up into severals smaller parts, he is capable of shapeshifting into Hat Kid and remain completely conscious and fine.

Resistance to Pain - As stated above, he seems unharmed/unaffected by Hat Kid's attacks, and shows no signs of pain when splitting up into smaller pieces.

Resistance to Biological Manipulation - Since he is a ghost and non-corporeal, he heavily lacks any biology at all, and thus cannot be affected by an biological altering effects. I'd go as far as to say he has full on immunity to it.

Resistance to Bone Manipulation - If he lacks biology, then he of course lacks a skeletal system.

Limited Resistance to Time Stop - According to my good friend Adem Warlock, Snatcher is still able to communicate to Hat Kid via Telepathy even when she stopped time with her camera badge, which is even confirmed in the game. If you try this while seeing Snatcher physically, he's clearly stopped in time. However, he is still able to use Telepathy through paused time, meaning his mind is still bounded to time and can likely use his though-based abilities.

Would Snatcher's massive increase in attacks in his battle(s) both in variety and speed count as an ability? Something like Rage Power, Statistics Amplification, and/or Awakened Power?

[ -- THE CONDUCTOR -- ]

Weapon Creation -
Death Wish Conductor can create knives out of thin air.

Invisibility - Briefly, he will disappear and then reappear where the knife is seen being thrown at Hat Kid.

[ -- HAT KID -- ]

limited Time Stop - Via Camera Badge

BFR - Via her Time Pieces. Mustache Girl was able to create a single pocket dimension with one and used it to lock Hat Kid in it. If she wanted to, she could've kept Hat Kid in that black void for as long as she wanted to.

[ -- MUSTACHE GIRL -- ]

BFR
- Reason cited above.

[ -- MISCELLANEOUS -- ]

Some of the pages in terms of their powers and abilities honestly need to be revised. Mustache Girl and Mafia Bosses pages are honestly rather barren and do need contexts provided for their powers and abilities. Snatcher's page is a little messy, and I would like to perhaps clean that up as well.

I'm not sure if being a ghost qualifies as unlimited stamina, but the rest is fine.

Which one? I doubt it would be all three, I'm just uncertain which one would mostly apply the most to Snatcher's increase in attack speed and variety.

This seems fine, except that infinite stamina seems like hyperbole, yes. We do not have sufficient proof for that. "Very High" or maybe "Extremely High" should probably be fine though.

like for Disease Manipulation it states "attacking their foes' bodily functions with diseases" The Snatches lacks bodily functions because well he's dead

Do we have enough support to apply this, or should somebody ask some staff members first?

Antvasima said:
Do we have enough support to apply this, or should somebody ask some staff members first?
maybe asking staff members first would be good because i'm just going off of "he's a ghost so he should be unaffected by something a human would be" there are plenty of ability's That The Snatcher might have a Resistance to just because he is dead and lacks that concept, how like things a human would be affected by well a ghost would be unaffected by it another example is Life Manipulation it states "ability to manipulate the life force that courses inside living beings or the very concept of life itself" but since he's dead he isn't a living being and doesn't have a "life Force"

So we're able to use fanart for profiles as long as we credit the artist, correct? I'm only asking in advance due to potential Copyright Law involvements.

EMagoIorSouI said:
So we're able to use fanart for profiles as long as we credit the artist, correct? I'm only asking in advance due to potential Copyright Law involvements.
i think that's what i've heard

Also, we should probably take supernatural sicknesses into consideration. While it is possible for Snatcher not to be affected by natural diseases, there might be certain characters that can affect spirits with particular diseases. Should he have resistance to it, it'd likely be very borderline, and even that is rather speculative.

But anyways, I do find the other things you mentioned to be somewhat circumstantial. Mainly him resisting Blood Manipulation since it kind of ties in with Biological Manipulation.

i feel a resistance to it could work since even Inorganic Physiology gives a Resistance to it and what you've stated probably could apply to it as well probably, "As they lack the body functions of living beings, common illnesses would not harm them" but i feel it's still iffy enough after what you've said

now what about Life Manipulation it states "ability to manipulate the life force that courses inside living beings or the very concept of life itself", The Snatcher is dead he lacks a "life force" and is no longer a living being

Having a resistance to Disease Manipulation due to not likely being affected by "Common Illnesses" could work, but we don't have concrete evidence supporting this entirely. Since it isn't 100% definitive, it should probably be "possible Resistance to Disease Manipulation [Context]" could work at the very best. Unsure about Life Manipulation though.

A few more things.

Hat Kid describes the badges she gets to be "magic". Perhaps she could get Magic on her profile too?

In Snatcher's normal boss fight, Snatcher would probably get Rage Power due to his attack variety and speed (to a lesser degree) increasing heftily due to Hat Kid enraging him after turning him blue. But in Quality Time With Snatcher, his attack speed seems to increase naturally on its own. Should he get Statistics Amplification as well?

Thanks for the input, it really helps as usual.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Hat Kid describes the badges she gets to be "magic". Perhaps she could get Magic on her profile too?
What about this and Snatcher's possible resistance to common diseases? Resistance to Life Manipulation is a bit of stretch considering someone could probably give Snatcher a life through Life Manipulation, so it wouldn't work.

I suppose that it can probably be applied, yes.

Okay. Thanks. Just hurry up please. You likely have less than 5 hours to finish before the partial forum lockdown.

Oh wow. I never knew this. If it purposefully lasts forever then I'm certain it can be counted as canon. This definitely can apply to his "Extremely High" stamina rating, perhaps even warrant a "Possibly Limitless" since Snatcher will fight you indefinitely, if not infinitely, until you drop.

i'm fairly certain that it's on purpose that snatcher attacks forever after the 6 minute mark, because A: the time piece at the end makes for a better ending than commiting suicide, B: the devs wanted to add an endless mode, and C: the speed of the triple laser attack increases each time it's used, but it stops after some time (at least, it seems to work like that), which probably means that the devs planned for an infinite mode.

also hat kid's stamina could also be considered extremely high as she fights snatcher for 6 minutes (albeit only dodging). probably not limitless as i don't think it's canon that she does the infinite fight again.

Oh yeah, it's definitely not canon that the battle is infinite. However, it's pretty apparent that Snatcher being able to fight infinitely is.

this may seem odd to come here and mention this given it's a dead thread but oh well

soo basically i was playing A Hat in Time (Nintendo Switch) and during Mustache Girl's castle, there is a part with hammers, i got hit by one and it crushed me flat shortly after Hat Kid popped back to normal, wouldn't this give her Regenerationn Mid, if multiple Mario Characters can have Mid Regen because they were crushed flat and popped back shortly after then i see nothing wrong with Hat Kid having Mid (i couldn't find any video of this happening, sorry)

Is somebody experienced willing to apply what was accepted earlier? I can give them temporary editing rights if no staff member is able to handle it.

Antvasima said:
Is somebody experienced willing to apply what was accepted earlier? I can give them temporary editing rights if no staff member is able to handle it.
Anyone?

Back