• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Satakal and the Godhead

There's no official quote for this, but it doesn't mean it's wrong

The Satakal(another name for the Godhead), is well a Serpant of infinite size and all the world's that will ever be lay on his scales, so we'll each an every single one of his scales can hold or is an Arubis, do to the Satakal being infinite in size is safe to assume theres an infinite number of scales.

An Arubis is the interplay of two amaranths

So is Satakal the Godhead? But there are 2 different profiles at the wiki (Satakal's profile and the Godhead's one).

Jockey-1337 said:
So is Satakal the Godhead? But there are 2 different profiles at the wiki (Satakal's profile and the Godhead's one).
They are the same but his called by many names so people often confuse it, Like how Akatosh is Auri-El but some people confuse it and think they are two different beings.

Isn't Satakal just a small aspect of the Godhead?

Antvasima said:
Isn't Satakal just a small aspect of the Godhead?
No he is the Godhead, his descriptions match that of the Godhead/all maker.

All his descriptions of him makes it clear that he is above the Amaranths hell it was even stated that the Amaranths exist inside him, there other descriptions proving what I'm stating.

So, how do you suggest that we should modify Satakal's and the Godhead's profiles?

Antvasima said:
So, how do you suggest that we should modify Satakal's and the Godhead's profiles?
I would join the two porfiles together, although I feel like the porfile needs more information.

I will highlight this thread for more input. It would help if you provide some links to proof that they are identical.

This is by far the best quote that makes it clear that The Satakal is well above everything.

"To deny that the world must end is to deny that it began." "Satakal is the making and the unmaking, the birth and the death, love and fear." "For the world is the egg that Satakal laid, and the egg that in time Satakal shall eat." "To know Satakal, consider a river. As a snake sheds its skin and lives on, so a river sheds its water into the sea, yet is reborn at the source." "To be the Worldskin is to be everything, and to be everything is to be nothing." "Fear not the unbelievers, for believer and unbeliever alike shall be eaten by the Serpent God."

Now let's look at this quote

For the Skaal, the All-Maker is the source of all life and creation. When a creature dies, its spirit returns to the All-Maker, who shapes it into something new and returns it to Mundus. The concept of death as an ending to life is unknown to the Skaal. Rather, death is seen as simply the beginning of the next stage of an endless journey.-RE

On the First quote THE Satakal is described as the birth and death, second quote states that The All-Maker(The Godhead) is the source of life and death, coincidence?

The All-Maker is described as the source of all creation and in the second quote it says that the World(in this contexts it refeares to everything) is the egg that the Satakal laid.

Both quotes also talk about rebirth, The Satakal is also described as everything and to be everything is to be nothing.

More quotes coming later that is.

Hmm. Satakal could just be everything in a single Amaranth though. Can you take a look at the explanation links in the Satakal and The Godhead pages?

I think that Spiralmaster is the one who made them, and he is not active anymore. Sheoth used to be our go-to staff member for TES, but he is not active anymore. So we have a bit of a problem.

You can place messages on their walls if you wish though.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. Satakal could just be everything in a single Amaranth though. Can you take a look at the explanation links in the Satakal and The Godhead pages?
What do you mean by he could be everything in a single Amaranth? If I'm understanding correctly you mean inside him there only the world created by a single Amaranth? I would say that's false do to the following quote.

"Satak was First Serpent, the Snake who came Before, and all the worlds to come rested in the glimmer of its scales. But it was so big there was nothing but, and thus it was coiled around and around itself, and the worlds to come slid across each other but none had room to breathe or even be-RE

All the worlds could easily refer to everything within a single amaranth/"multiverse" though.

Antvasima said:
All the worlds could easily refer to everything within a single amaranth/"multiverse" though.
That's very unlikely as in the context of the quote it refers to a single world being an Arubis,there's a quote that proves that.

Satakal (The Worldskin): Yokudan god of everything. A fusion of the concepts of Anu and Padomay. Basically, Satakal is much like the Nordic Alduin, who destroys one world to begin the next. In Yokudan mythology, Satakal had done (and still does) this many times over, a cycle which prompted the birth of spirits that could survive the transition. These spirits ultimately become the Yokudan pantheon. Popular god of the Alik'r nomads.

The Yokudan God's where gods just like the Divines and Deadric Prince that fled there own Universe or Multiverse if you will, because the Satakal eate it, if there was a single multiverse why would they run?

Hmm. It would be much easier if the computer game company itself had stated outright if the All-Maker/Godhead and Satakal were the same entity.

Also, what about Vivec, and the claim that each player of the game is within a separate amaranth?

Antvasima said:
Also, what about Vivec, and the claim that each player of the game is within a separate amaranth?
False there's evidence that proof it all happened in a particular Arubis( the one created by Anu and Padomay)

Okay. Can you link to the evidence please?

Antvasima said:
Okay. Can you link to the evidence please?
Sure for Vivec you only need to read the first four Cermon's it makes it clear that he was born in Nirn and the Gods created by Anu/Padomay exist there, so obviously it wasn't the world of a difference Amaranth. Link to the Cermon's of Vivec https://www.imperial-library.info/content/36-lessons-vivec

Actually just by the mere fact that Daedras like Sheogorath being in any of the games is enough proof that is not a different Arubis.

Well, as far as I have had it explained to me, Vivec achieved CHIM, which allows a user to realise that it is just a video game character, become one with an amaranth, and be aware of that there are different versions of the game for every player. But it is obviously not first-hand information.

Antvasima said:
Well, as far as I have had it explained to me, Vivec achieved CHIM, which allows a user to realise that it is just a video game character, become one with an amaranth, and be aware of that there are different versions of the game for every player. But it is obviously not first-hand information.
No offense to who explained it to you but that's wrong.

Chim is obtained by realizing that you're just part of a dream not a Video game character.I'll do a bit more research on this topic later, so that I can give you a proper answer or Understanding of what Chim is.

Trinimac15 said:
Antvasima said:
No offense to who explained it to you but that's wrong.
Chim is obtained by realizing that you're just part of a dream not a Video game character.I'll do a bit more research on this topic later, so that I can give you a proper answer or Understanding of what Chim is.
This is the big division on the subject, whether the Godhead is outside or inside of the game. The more common and probably logical conclusion is that "the dream" simply interprets the video game. However, some people find this conclusion lacking. Currently there is no way to tell what's correct. One thing is certain though, Satakal is part of the Dream not the Dreamer.

Naturally the entirety of the Elders Scrolls' Cosmos would be seen as either a dream or fiction to The Godhead, but that doesn't mean it's affecting real life, let's not be ridiculous.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Naturally the entirety of the Elders Scrolls' Cosmos would be seen as either a dream or fiction to The Godhead, but that doesn't mean it's affecting real life, let's not be ridiculous.
Assuming that the Godhead is a real person would mean that a portion of the money we spend on buying these titles goes into it's pockets which affects the economy. Obviously the next logical conclusion ( after assuming that he's a real person ) is that it's a dev. No?

The Godhead isn't a real person.

It's a fictional figure. Maybe it's somewhat based on a real person, but it's still not that real person.

Promestein and Matthew are correct regarding our Reality - Fiction Interaction regulations.

But regardless Myriadofmemes seems to consider our current approach of dividing the Godhead and Satakal into different profiles as accurate. This is important, so I would appreciate if he would be willing to explain a bit further.

Satakal and The Godhead are probably not the same being. The Yodukan creation myth states that Mundus is actually outside of Satakal and that is the reason why the Ehlofney turned mortal.

"Pretty soon the spirits on the skin-ball started to die, because they were very far from the real world of Satakal." ~The Monomyth: Satakal the Worldski
This could not and should not be possible if Satakal was the Godhead, since the Godhead is omnipresent, and even if he wasn't, he would still contain Anus Amaranth, so it would be impossible for Mundus to be outside of him.

The All-Maker and The Godhead are definitly not the same being, since the All-Maker has a dual opposite called The Adversary, while the Godhead has to be an unique being since he contains absolutely everything, so any being has to be either the Godhead or a part of him, so there can't be any being seperate to him.

Back