• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Revisions

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
What about Alduin fighting Shor? Would that be an outlier or something?
No but this wiki will justify at as one by saying "his best feat is destroying nirn"

Hes intentionally portrayed as higher than that tho

Ultima Reality said:
As far as I remember, that version of the tale was being told by a drugged as hell Khajiit, so I wouldn't really call it a reliable source on the matter. Even saying that it is valid because of the Dragonbreak of the Red Moment is a shifty interpretation, as the Moons themselves are outside of time and aren't affected by them in the first place.
It's even worse. The text was written by a Khajiit who overheard the ramblings of a drugged out Khajiit on the next room.

Also Dagon's artifact is in fact himself.

There's also Khajiit Mythology versions of the Lyg stuff in the new ESO expansions.

I would love to see an Alduin Upgrade. That would also end up Upgrading The Dovahkiin, Miraak and The Ebony Warrior.

I still don't understand how can CHIM users get "Possibly 1-A+" rating. As far as I understand, CHIM users are only beyond all boundaries of The Aurbis and have control over it. That's just 1-A! Can someone explain the 1-A+ rating for me?

@Matthew & Ultima

Are you willing to continue with applying the revisions?

Where did it say CHIM users can control all AE?

I see that from vivec profile, Seemingly this text: "to his true nature as the Immortal AE tied to the very dream of existence, and gaining full control over it as a result"

Matthew Schroeder said:
Alduin isn't getting upgraded. People are just supporting it because they want higher ratings, not because it makes any sense.
Idk why him being lorkhan or not matters.
And even if it did or didnt.
Shor is still an aspect of lorkhan that forms a spot in another pantheon as the replacement of lorkhan.
So this still applies.
And ill steelman you, even if you didnt use that argument shor still created the entirety of sovnvgarde and is the realm itself. And whether you believe my reasons for wanting alduin to have a higher reasoning because on several occasions you show bias on elder scrolls being used in a power manner is on you and ultima.
If you dont want it being used that way you should have never introduced the verse to us.

"Shor is still an aspect of lorkhan that forms a spot in another pantheon as the replacement of lorkhan." I don't think that's the case. From what I know, there two definitions of "Shor". One is referring to the Nordic aspect of Lorkhan. The other is Lorkhan's Nordic name. So the "Shor" we are talking about isn't a replacement of Lorkhan, aka Shor, in the Nordic pantheon but rather his weaker aspect instead. That said, I'm not against upgrading Alduin, Shor and others.

• Shor (aspect version) created the realm of Sovngarde, which is a realm of Aetherius:
    " Yet loremasters know this: Sovngarde exists. So our gods promise, so we believe. Sovngarde lies in the heart of Aetherius, awaiting the souls of departed warriors. Nords who prove themselves in battle awaken in the realm after death. Pain and illness vanish within the Hall of Valor. Revelry is never-ending, mead flows freely, and the greatest Nords of all time compete in tests of strength and prowess."
    - The Road to Sovngarde

"I've passed through Alduin's portal into Sovngarde, the realm of Aetherius where the souls of Nord heroes go to feast and battle until the final reckoning. Now to find Alduin and defeat him once and for all."
    - Journal Entry

"According to the ancient writings and oral traditions of the Nords, going back as far as the Late Merethic Era, there exists a place so magnificent, so honored, that the entrance lies hidden from view. Sovngarde, it is called, built by the god Shor to honor those Nords who have proven their mettle in war. Within this "Hall of Valor" time as we know it has no meaning. The concepts of life and death are left on the doorstep, and those within exist in a sort of self-contained euphoria, free of pain, suffering and the worst malady a Nord could suffer -- boredom."
    - Sovngarde, a Reexaminatio

• The combined power of Miraak and The Last Dragonborn will free Miraak of Hermaeus Mora's influence;
      "And so the First Dragonborn meets the Last Dragonborn at the summit of Apocrypha. No doubt just as Hermaeus Mora intended. He is a fickle master, you know. But now I will be free of him. My time in Apocrypha is over. You are here in your full power, and thus subject to my full power. You will die. And with the power of your soul, I will return to Solstheim and be master of my own fate again. Kruziikrel! Relonikiv! Now!"
      - Miraak

• This is consistent with Clavicus Vile's words about how The Dovahkiin is half as strong as himself. Although this might sound like he's just talking about his minor aspect, that's not true as he also stated that the The Rueful Axe, which can cut through a god (at least a minor one), is only enough for him to has some fun at the same time:
      "As much as I hate to say it, you're almost as powerful as I am right now. But that's just because half of my power resides in that mutt, Barbas. Come to think of it, I know of a win-win situation for both of us."
      - Clavicus Vile

"Tis a wicked axe you wield there, friend. That blade looks sharp enough to cut through a god."

There is one thing that does not quite sit well for me: Celemaril the Light-bringer.

This guy with the power of The Abyss can literally destroy the world as Alduin did. His brother had to use an Elder Scroll to stop him like what happened with Alduin. Technically, he scales with Alduin in the destructive potential not to mention that he is also completely immortal like Alduin. After the Warrior defeats the lich, Celemaril was simply banished within the Abyss for several millennias. He will likely return as the Greybeards stated with Alduin. With all these similarities, Celemaril seems to be on Alduin's level.

With this info, should Umaril, Pelinal, Hero of Kvatch now be at Low 2-C?

TrueBK98 said:
The "world" can have a lot of meaning so that shouldn't be the case.
Based on what given, the lich is embodied with the infinity of the Abyss. That standard alone is enough for Low 2-C. Not to mention that the reason for an Elder Scroll was used to seal him, because the lich's immortality (akin to Valentine's D4C) allows him to regenerate himself in alternate timeline. An Elder Scroll was able to block the lich from accessing every possible reality to regenerate. The villain in TES Blades is damn powerful.

Antvasima said:
@Matthew & Ultima

Are you willing to continue with applying the revisions?
Are there any remaining TES revisions that need to be done?

I am not sure if Ultima and Matthew still subscribe to this thread. Perhaps somebody could remind them via their message walls?

Waria Kambang said:
Speaking of the gods, shouldn't Mannimarco gets an upgrade to high 1-B, considering that he is an antithesis to Arkay?
And Divayth Fyr as well. I think the mods simply forgot.

In my view a bigger reason for them to scale is because Shor's ghost was said to be capable of taking down Dagon even after he became Mehrunes Dagon

"You would have made my beloved proud with your courage," the Bull said to Aless, and to Dagon: "Stand down, Demon King, and go down. You will not win this day, even though it is crowned with the power of your first coming."

"WHAT NOW," Dagon roared, sending them both back with a [bellows-fire], "YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME, MORIHAUS HALF-SPIRIT! THE DAGON FIGHTS NOT THE SONS OF HEAVEN'S CONCUBINES BUT HEAVEN'S KING ITSELF."

"Yeah, sure," Aless giggled, "And how does that work out for you? Every single fight you have with the Dragon ends up with you losing, King Chump. And it will always be like that. Here, there, then, now, or in the future: the Dragon wins over you, as he wins over us all. I'm not afraid of that anymore. More importantly, I'm not afraid of YOU."

Dagon stepped forward, crackling now [with flame and old woe]. Mor bent his horns to the ready. Aless stayed where she was.

"I wouldn't do that, mister" she said. "Those swirls that I started painting as soon as we went a-wind'ng? They weren't Giant-Come-Shiny Swirls but hearth-warnings... that YOU were here. In the language of each clan, on all the cows they're looking at RIGHT NOW since you put all those signs up. That you're here-- right here, right where I asked you to return. I think pretty soon you'll start to hear the horns. And even you can't take on all the Sons and Daughters of Kyne, you *******."

And that's when they did hear [the horns of all clans], and the closest was as like a stormsong of thundernachs, for Mor was near, and he [was the issue of the Greater Sky]. And Dagon knew that where the horn soundings landed, the Tongues of High Hrothgar could step, and, when together, the greybeards could breathe unto being the ghost of Shor, which lay all Powers low [even in half-death].

"A curse on the house of Alessia," Dagon muttered before summoning himself a Gate to [the oblivion], for he knew his works were all undone, "And eight more on the Men of the Dragon. There will be an hour when--"

Aless leaned against her bull.

"Hey, Coughy," she said, "Shut up and go already. It's way past my bedtime."

And he did, missing the arrival of the hosts of Hrothgar and Newkreath, and the runners of nearby [Hjaalmarch], and, of course, the thanes of Aless' own stead, which included her father, all of which saw the farm girl in her messy dress leaning against the [Bull of Heaven], glorified in story and song since the days of our first dawn, and all afit for battle and confused [that it would not be met] and more still overcome with the blessings of the Skyrim by the Gods we hold aloft.

To which Aless could only answer: "It's a really long story, guys."

Damn so were would the dova and alduin be more or less?

(also i dont know if this is true but someone said that the dova was the incarnation of shor or something)

Back