• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Revisions

I think we should also upgrade Aurbis Bounded form of Et'Adas to 1-A since the Aurbis now contains 1-A realms beyond the Egg-Layered structure.

Bump I guess. Most profiles need to be updated only the Amaranth, Anu and Padomay were.

Also I think the Et'Ada should keep their 1-A rating, because even though they don't technically affect the Dream due to lack of ego and clear individuality, they should have it based on their sheer size, since that's pretty much the main thing with the new tiering system anyway.

Or at least give them an "likely/possibly 1-A".

Okay. You can remind Matthew and Ultima if you wish.

Forgot about this for a while, sorry. Anyways, I will try to update the Low 1-C profiles later on, yeah.

To add, since I wasn't here for previous stuff, shouldn't Alduin have a High 1-B key for cursing Dagon? Or was it considered to be a weaker incarnation of the character that was cursed?

That was Dagon the daedra, not Mehrunes Dagon the Daedric Prince. They're sorta two different things, he's essentially only a Daedric Prince when he's together with the Razor.

@Ultima & Ogbunabali

Thank you for helping out.

Are we finally acknowledging the existence of a 1-A hierarchy in TES? I originally thought it was the Aubris itself but if you want to say the unstructured realms beyond aren't part of it I don't really mind.

The unstructured realms beyond are part of the Aurbis. The Aurbis is just a Great Wheel at the lowest level of the infinite telescope.

Also since alduins brother said that alduin would have destroyed all of time shouldnt he get an at least 1C upgrade

Asriel77 said:
Is there a link someone can post on dagon not being a prince without his artifact.
Mainly Mankar Camoran's books.

Also since alduins brother said that alduin would have destroyed all of time shouldnt he get an at least 1C upgrade
That wouldn't give an 1-C upgrade though.

Asriel77 said:
Time in this context is Linear Time not the entire concept of Time.

Alduin and Skyrim misconceptions are way too common imo.

Such as "Alduin scales to Dagon because he beat the **** out of him."

Or "Alduin scales to Akatosh since he can destroy all of time."

I feel like an explenation blog debunking all that needs to be made and linked on his profile at this point.

These revisions should preferably be applied soon.

Can somebody remind Matthew and Ultima about this?

Mainly Mankar Camoran's books.

I feel like just giving the book series isn't the best evidence to use. Especially when Mankar uses the Vivec style of writing where everything is difficult to understand without greater understanding of the verse.

But to paraphrase the Magna-Ge remade Dagon in order for him to destroy Lyg. When that happened and when he got the Razor is when he would've become High 1-B. Presumably at least.

Or "Alduin scales to Akatosh since he can destroy all of time."

I think a bigger issue would be Alduin scaling to Shor

Old Knocker

The third song of King Wulfharth tells of his death. Orkey, an enemy god, had always tried to ruin the Nords, even in Atmora where he stole their years away. Seeing the strength of King Wulfharth, Orkey summoned the ghost of Alduin Time-Eater again. Nearly every Nord was eaten down to six years old. Boy Wulfharth pleaded to Shor, the dead Chieftain of the Gods, to help his people. Shor's own ghost then fought the Time-Eater on the spirit plane, as he did at the beginning of time, and he won, and Orkey's folk, the Orcs, were ruined. As Boy Wulfharth watched the battle in the sky he learned a new thu'um, What Happens When You Shake the Dragon Just So. He used this new magic to change his people back to normal. In his haste to save so many, though, he shook too many years out on himself. He grew older than the Greybeards, and died. The flames of his pyre were said to have reached the hearth of Kyne itself.

Source

Qawsedf234 said:
It's the best evidence we have. Since in the books themselves Mankar makes a clear distinction between Dagon, Mehrunes and Mehrunes Dagon.

It's the most direct source you'll get for this.

I think the books are a good source, just that saying "Its here in one of these six books with extremely confusing language" isn't the best way to go about it. Like maybe link a specific passage or some passages to get the general idea down.

For example, if someone asked me for a source explaining why Darth Vader can crush cells. You probably wouldn't really like it if I just said "Read this 400 page book to find it" rather than just giving a link to a specific page or paragraph that directly shows it.

Hmm. I get what you mean, but if they don't have some knowledge on TES, especially the more esoteric side, linking a paragraph won't really do much. And for this it isn't really a single paragraph you could point to, you kinda need to read the volumes if you want actual context and a clear picture.

It's pretty different then a clear cut thing like Vader crushing someone's neck with the Force.

I get what you mean as well. Maybe the best idea would be to make a thread/blog post explaining the context on this site as to why we don't upscale Alduin to Dagon. With that we could include stuff from Aldudagga and the books to show that Dagon was remade by the Magna-Ge and got a Artifact that boosted his power, making him a different entity from the Leaper King.

That's probably a good idea. Or something like a "Common misconceptions about TES" thing. Considering there's been a couple of stuff that keep popping up more often than not.

I don't think "misconceptions" is the best idea necessarily since TES is meant to be contradictory and vague. But a thread explaining why we scale the way we do.

I meant misconceptions, as in, how they're treated on the site. Not in general about TES.

TrueBK98 said:
Asriel77 said:
Time in this context is Linear Time not the entire concept of Time.
However within context the elder scrolls could not even forsee what happens after alduin destroys time itself.

While they do record linear time.

That shit is much higher than "universe+"

I really believe universe+ is lowball at this point

And alduin has litterally been shown in lore and within game to reach the aetherius and binding spells on it easily.

Not only that he deadass scales to shor.

Who embodies sovngarde.

Universe+ just doesn't sit well with me

On a similar note, how do we handle the Khajiit version of the Battle of Red Mountain? Since Wulf (either before or after he got the Heart of Lorkhan) shouted the moons into different orbits. Which seems like a 2-C sorta thing.

As far as I remember, that version of the tale was being told by a drugged as hell Khajiit, so I wouldn't really call it a reliable source on the matter. Even saying that it is valid because of the Dragonbreak of the Red Moment is a shifty interpretation, as the Moons themselves are outside of time and aren't affected by them in the first place.

Back