• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The durability page

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Currently our Durability explanation page is in rather poor condition.

Would anybody who has very good insights about what defines the tiers like to help with cleaning it up, or should we simply remove all descriptions, keep it as a plain list of the tier names, and refer to the Attack Potency and Tiering System pages for further information?

It'd probably be best to just remove the descriptions and refer to the AP/Tiering System pages, I think.

Okay.

By the way, it has been quite a while since I looked it over. If somebody catches any inaccuracies in the tier names, please feel free to mention it.

Hop agrees with Prom.

However maybe we should more strongly define the human tiers. Athletic and normal humans are extremely similar, even when comparing Tier 10 stuff to itself.

As for Peak/Street level durability, withstanding bullets or getting run over by a car would make sense. Or taking a strike from the strongest fighters in the world in a weka point (the head, neck, etc) and living.

As for 9-B we have to clear up the lower border. A 9-C or 10-A could kick a peice of drywall, or a wood wall in half. Not most 10-A's, but not everyone knows how to properly throw a kick. Does drywall count? Thin pine wood? A camping tent wall? We should be more clear.

I think it's a bit redundant to list descriptions for most of the tiers, especially as many of them are fairly self-explanatory. Just describe durability in the page's introduction.

Like what is the KEY difference in Normal and Athlete tier/durabilty? Take more joules? Pfft, anyone can take it depending on where they get hit. Forrest Gump is a mentally challenged 10-A and took a bullet. In his butt. So, it strongly depends, and we could be much more clear.

Well, I am uncertain what to do about Hop's suggestion, but while I have your attention, I noticed that we have a rather outdated note in the Attack Potency page. It has been quite a long time since our energy scale revision, so perhaps it should be removed?

The edit looks great, though I question wether we need such a page since there are very few cases that characters can hit more than what they can take or vice versa.

Well, it is still one of the official statistics, so we need to have a page for it.

Back