• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Downstreamers High 1-A interpretation

Hello everyone, ├ì am a huge sci fi fan and as most or at least some fans I also stumbled upon a question of which sci-fi alien race is the most advanced. At first as a huge stargate fan I thought that the answer is Ancients or Lanteans if you will, but then Stargate atlantis really nerfed their pre-ascencion form for me and even before that ascended Daniel Jackson didn´t ecactly showcase infinite knowledge.

So later that most advanced race of aliens became The Q continuum for me. But then I became aware of The Downstreamers and I became their fan almost instantly. I have read through all of discussions on this page where some people tried to argue that they should be above 1-B tier for their final form but at least I must say that I agree with the notion that because of their vague portrail they shouldn´t be given the 1-A tier. This may seem like a weakness but I see this vagueness as a great strength as it allows me and other people to have their own interpretations of The Downstreamers. And as I really like them I would like to contribute my High 1-A interpretation.

First of all they can´t be tier 0 as that by definition couldn´t be given to a race of equals, unless of course they somehow merged themselves into 1 collective, which smells too much borgy / comunisty so I would sacrifice tier 0 for their individuality.

Now before i get to their final post-fvc form I think it is equally important to mention how they got there. I interpret their substrate form as a way of acquireing free will thanks to them shedding their physical body plagued by free will limiting biological processes and also due to theirs neutrino computer at the end of time. This also gave them access to almost infinite computational and storage power. Maybe a more precise term then infinite is limitless as the number of FLOPS the could compute (FLOPS or different computational unit as they might have developed different system to measure) or the number of bits the could store was less then the cardinality of the set of all natural numbers, which is the smallest infinity. So they couldn´t in this form solve problems like halting problem or find out ideal play of infinite chess and things like that, which would require supertask (countably many infinite operational steps = cardinality of the set of all natural numbers). Now they wanted to create something better then their finite universe for whatever purpose (infinite oportunity for life or bigger computational power :D ). Now let me skip to the part where they caused the false vacuum colapse which destroyed everything but them. Now what is the infinite universe they created and why do I think that universe makes them high 1-A. First they created the Ultimate manifold. This by definition is all there is, there is nothing beyond ultimate manifold else it wouldn´t be ultimate. They transcended this manifold, which may or may not disagree with the definition so if it does then they become one with it. Now this ultimate manifold functioned as a form of container, the ultimate reality of which The downstreamers could change laws of. They could , as they did, set the existence to be a infinite recursion of level IV universe. (Which is transcended by ultimate manifold which they themselves transcend or are one with) Or they could create Azathot inside this container - ultimate manifold , and let him dream up existence as he would like to. :D . Or the existence could again be just one finite universe. You get the point. Now inside this recursion of level IV universe is everything that isn´t self contradictory. So there you got the Marvel multiverse, DC multiverse, Star trek, Star Wars, Stargate universe all of the created by The Downstreamers. Now as they completely comprehend and maybe even transcend ultimate manifold which contains all of this, this gives them the infinite computational power. But as before the term infinite computational power was an overstatement now it is a understatement. The complete level IV universe is bigger the the size of proper class which you can think about as the cardinality of proper class of all ordinals. And they transcend it all, are one with all of this. This is the highest level of omniscience achievable.

Enough for now, I hope you all enjoy this my super-duper-highend-fanboyish interpretation. I am looking forward for your comments.

Have a nice day.

We have already extensively discussed this issue repeatedly elsewhere, and High 1-A was rejected. My apologies.

OP, Downstreamers can be upgraded. no one seemed to oppose the idea when Aeyu brought it up again.

But Azathoth said that Downstreamers need its own blog page. containing quotes from all novels which then need to be analyzed throughly. but no one created one yet. Azathoth is also busy so he can't analyze the novels himself. so the upgrade was stalled.

So if you have free time, you can try to make a blog about Downstreamers if you have any experience in making one.

the upgrade was capped to be 1A btw. no High 1A. albeit said 1-A is kinda very high in the tier because 1A is very vast tier.

Well, Azathoth would need to overview any such suggestions.

Antvasima said:
Well, Azathoth would need to overview any such suggestions.
yeah, but he did say that he'd have to settle for less. hence blog thing. or did Azathoth actually meant something else?

I assume the reason why Aeyu hasn't turned up is because she has so many blogmaking projects, including Downstreamers XD

No No No guys you don´t understand I don´t want to like officialy upgrade The Downstreamers page. I think that High 1-B is high enough for how vaguely they are portraited and I understand that for tiers 1-A and above you need direct quotes. This my interpretation is just high end interpretation of the vague spots and may in future serve for vs matches with 1-A and above if those vs matches would be done. What I wanted to do here is to create the strongest possible interpretation of Downstamers, which of course can´t be official. :)

Okay. No problem then. Should I close this thread?

I would let it open if it´s possible so other fans of Downstreamers could contribute and or ask questions.

OP, Downstreamers can't do match with 1A if they aren't 1A themselves.

about interpretations, I suggest you read many CRT regarding downstreamers in this forums. I think Aeyu has mostly covered most important parts.

I'm more interested on their more limited state. on how they're just finite state computers seeking to prolong lifespan of theirs. it sounds so... human.

their grand projects manipulating and engineering of galaxies, quasars are also my favorites. it shows not just their godlike power but also their mortality.

but eh, I'm unconsciously treating this thread as if its 'Manifold Disvussion Thread' when its clearly not :p

Back