• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Devastator (Dark Multiverse) upgrade to high end 1-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here to bring another upgrade to a member of the Dark Knights, this time being The Devastator. My reasoning behind why he should be upgraded in terms of both his AP and speed. I believe that he deserves the upgrade into high end 1-A, due to his comparisons to Superman (By initally killing him ) whilst also being able to tackle and beat down a prime earth version of Superman. In terms of his speed being upgraded into areas scaling from immeasureable into irrelevant, there is a statement within the comics that shows The Devastator being faster than Superma (with the correct assumptions being made this could be in reference to the Earth 0 Superma). Furthermore, in his first encounter with Superman, after transforming into The Devastator and landing the first hit, he had succeeded in pinning Superman dow (well before he could recover). Further arguments that can be made for his comparison of speed is how in a panel he had also defeated Wally West

If there are any disagreements with the points I have made, fill free to add my discord 『*+Foncé ├ëtoile+*』#9951 and I can provide much further arguments/points as to why he should be placed on this tier. Whilst also providing arguements for why Superman is considered to be on this tier as well.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Superman and Wally aren't 1-A tho
First of all, I had never argued for Wally to be 1-A, my arguments were for The Devastator defeating him and thus being faster than him. As for the Superman argument, there have been iterations of Superman facing foes such as Darkseid and Orion, whom both reside from the God Sphere, this area of the verse resides beyond areas such as the main 52 uiniverses, (which form the multiverse we are commonly familiar with ) it's also stated by flash in the Dark Knights rising series, that these all occupy the same space and time , 'this further supports the strength and capability of both Dark Seid and Orion (along with Superman's comparison to such characters).

But they would need to be 1-A for you to wcale him up there off of defeating them. He would need to scale to the iterations that took on the new God's, who are already 4-B in their material forms and only cap out as High 2-A as abstracts.

I have no opinion regarding 1-A as I'm not that knowledgeable on DC, but I'm pretty sure Wally and Superman defeating him is an outlier regardless.

Wokistan said:
But they would need to be 1-A for you to wcale him up there off of defeating them. He would need to scale to the iterations that took on the new God's, who are already 4-B in their material forms and only cap out as High 2-A as abstracts.
As previously stated, I did provide evidence as to why the New Gods' should be scaling to such lengths. Currently, no evidence has been provided to debunk such feats, more so just references to pages. For example, as you requested for Superman facing the New Gods, here is one iteration in which Superman had faced Orion .' 'In another iteration during 'Final Crisis, there is a panel where Superman held Darkseid by the neck (whilst also being given the option to kill him).

Neither Orion or darkseid are rated as 1-A though.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I have no opinion regarding 1-A as I'm not that knowledgeable on DC, but I'm pretty sure Wally and Superman defeating him is an outlier regardless.
Show me anti-feats that can prove that these are outliers. As proven (with the evidence provided) a version of Superman had been killed by The Devastator whilst also being beaten to an extent where the assisstant of the Flash was needed in order to save him (this is in reference to the Earth 0 version of Superma).

Wokistan said:
Neither Orion or darkseid are rated as 1-A though.
There has been many references to the 'New Gods being platonic concpets. Which can further provide evidence as to why they can be rated at 1-A, like said before, if you care to debunk any of my arguments then feel free to drop links to scans that can do so. '

The Platonism thing comes up rather often, and has been rejected. Being called a platonic concept by itself isn't enough for 1-A, you still need to display other 1-A characteristics. We have Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation for "Platonic Forms" that don't fit the bill of being 1-A. It's often good support for such a rating but is not enough on its own.

Wokistan said:
The Platonism thing comes up rather often, and has been rejected. Being called a platonic concept by itself isn't enough for 1-A, you still need to display other 1-A characteristics. We have Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation for "Platonic Forms" that don't fit the bill of being 1-A. It's often good support for such a rating but is not enough on its own.
Making references to pages aren't going be valid arguments in an attempt to debunk the claims I've made. In regards to the 1-A arguments, showing where the God Sphere lies and what it is beyond is enough to bring characters such as these into that tier. In regards to providing further evidence for the placement of these characters quote that The Flash had stated about the multiverses cosmology further supports the placement of the God Sphere etc.

Issue is, you have to follow the regulations in place here and just being called a platonic form isn't enough for a 1-A rating on its own. Other 1-A characteristics must be displayed, and existing outside a conventional multiverse isn't a 1-A feat either.

Wokistan said:
Issue is, you have to follow the regulations in place here and just being called a platonic form isn't enough for a 1-A rating on its own. Other 1-A characteristics must be displayed, and existing outside a conventional multiverse isn't a 1-A feat either.
I'd like to see evidence from you. Evidence that isn't reliant solely on a page created here and more so from the comic or other statements. At the moment, what I've provided is good evidence for them to be 1-A. Also if you'd love to go further into this and debate the topic, I'm more than welcome to carry this on in discord ( my original post has my name if you ever need it).

The platonic forms thing is just a site policy since it would make a lot of things 1-A and people didn't want to accept that alone without anything else to base it on. I didn't even put that into place, but you still gotta adhere to it with other supporting evidence for such a rating.

Wokistan is correct, and these suggestions are completely outrageous. I will close this thread. Do not try to upgrade regular superheroes to ridiculous tiers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back