• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Demigod vs The Nephilim

Kratos (God of War)

Vs

War (Darksiders)

Conditions:
  • Broken Seals Key for War
  • Chains of Olympus Key for Kratos
  • Helios' Sun Shield & Gauntlet of Zeus are restricted
  • Sword of Armageddon is restricted
  • Standard Battle Assumptions
  • Both 7-B

LET'S GOOOOO

you can't restrict standard equipment that do not send a character into a higher tier, so I will be operating under the assumption that Kratos is fully equipped, also we dont know how powerful War is with the seals broken nor is there a key for that, so I will assume second key war

AP/Dura/SS: pretty much equal, War upscales from 24 Megatons while Kratos scales to 30 Megatons so this is pretty much a non-factor

LS: Class K vs Class G, Kratos steamrolls in this department

Stamina: pretty sure War has the advantage, but this fight will be done within an hour so stamina is also a non-factor

experience and skill: Kratos's feats are impressive, being a spartan commander and all of that, unfortunately War has untold millennia of combat experience, mostly facing people who could give him a good fight or just genociding entire planets, and War is also noted to be a better tactician then Death by the pale-skinned man himself, while The Abomination Vault's canon with the rest of Darksiders is questionable at times we can take quite a bit of it as truth.

overall and fight: Kratos has the hax to overwhelm War, unfortunately Kratos might be dead by the time he gets to using his Hades shit, and if Kratos manages to kill War the ladder just gets right back up with undying and continues the fight, the issue is actually killing War will take using the Hades thing due to War having that skill advantage, Kratos swings with the blades of Chaos, War finds out their range almost immediately, and proceeds to bully Kratos in melee until Kratos is dead with his skill, instinctive reaction, and speed

TLDR: War outskills, has instinctive reaction, and has the speed advantage to crush Kratos in Melee before the ladder haxes him to death

War Mid-diff

Zeus' Gauntlet and Helios shield send kratos to tier 3, so yeah they need to be restricted.
So they are.
you can't restrict standard equipment that do not send a character into a higher tier, so I will be operating under the assumption that Kratos is fully equipped, also we dont know how powerful War is with the seals broken nor is there a key for that, so I will assume second key war

AP/Dura/SS: pretty much equal, War upscales from 24 Megatons while Kratos scales to 30 Megatons so this is pretty much a non-factor

LS: Class K vs Class G, Kratos steamrolls in this department

Stamina: pretty sure War has the advantage, but this fight will be done within an hour so stamina is also a non-factor

experience and skill: Kratos's feats are impressive, being a spartan commander and all of that, unfortunately War has untold millennia of combat experience, mostly facing people who could give him a good fight or just genociding entire planets, and War is also noted to be a better tactician then Death by the pale-skinned man himself, while The Abomination Vault's canon with the rest of Darksiders is questionable at times we can take quite a bit of it as truth.

overall and fight: Kratos has the hax to overwhelm War, unfortunately Kratos might be dead by the time he gets to using his Hades shit, and if Kratos manages to kill War the ladder just gets right back up with undying and continues the fight, the issue is actually killing War will take using the Hades thing due to War having that skill advantage, Kratos swings with the blades of Chaos, War finds out their range almost immediately, and proceeds to bully Kratos in melee until Kratos is dead with his skill, instinctive reaction, and speed

TLDR: War outskills, has instinctive reaction, and has the speed advantage to crush Kratos in Melee before the ladder haxes him to death

War Mid-diff
These are my current standings right now

Helios Shield by itself isn't out of tier.
Only Zeus Guanlets are.
Especially when Charon bodied Kratos even with having Helios Shield. Its just a shield albeit H3A durability.

So shield shouldn't be restricted. Especially when its of tactical advantage to Kratos.

Helios Shield by itself isn't out of tier.
Only Zeus Guanlets are.
Especially when Charon bodied Kratos even with having Helios Shield. Its just a shield albeit H3A durability.

So shield shouldn't be restricted. Especially when its of tactical advantage to Kratos.
Then we operate under the assumption that it isn't.

For reference War routinely solos armies of people who can actually harm him without breaking a sweat, and in the Abomination Vault novel, back to back

Bruh....a Norse Kratos who is rusty as **** and entire narrative of 2018 game being him getting back into his original warrior mentality.
I’m aware he’s rusty; in saying we probably should assume a Kratos who is more then a century younger is able to replicate that feat unless he has showings of his own added to the profile

If you want to change that make a CRT

But anyways....whats War going to do against power null??

Simple contact with any of the Hades or Zeus magic...is instant null. Something he can use with most basic combos.

Also skill isn't that far apart. Kratos may appear brute but he is very tactical and smart.

In even terms of one to one skill he upscales from Redeemed warriors sheerly via being Protagonist.
Redeemed Warriors being champion of gods regularly engaging in Gladiator esque battles with other fellow champions...who are ressurected when they die...retaining their combat experience.
Their combo skills are alone amazing...being able to operate whacky kinds of weapons and magics.

Not to mention, as said by Ares...Kratos had become a perfect warrior the day he killed his wife and daughter.
Ares himself being a God of War.

I think Kratos takes it. 6-7/10.

Simple contact with any of the Hades or Zeus magic...is instant null. Something he can use with most basic combos.

Also skill isn't that far apart. Kratos may appear brute but he is very tactical and smart.

In even terms of one to one skill he upscales from Redeemed warriors sheerly via being Protagonist.
Redeemed Warriors being champion of gods regularly engaging in Gladiator esque battles with other fellow champions...who are ressurected when they die...retaining their combat experience.
Their combo skills are alone amazing...being able to operate whacky kinds of weapons and magics.

Not to mention, as said by Ares...Kratos had become a perfect warrior the day he killed his wife and daughter.
Ares himself being a God od War.

Who said War relied on about... any of his abilities again? Power null isn't going to effect his fighting style besides maybe robbing him of his ranged options, which he only uses when he isn't in sword range anyway.

Gladiator with a crap ton of expierience is really nice and all but that doesn't really help when your opponent is again, a unknown millenia old civilization killer who solos armies regularly. Highest of which being large enough to literally flood a good portion of at least a large island sized area. War was doing this while only having Chaoseater and Ruin to help him since Death was inside during te fight

also "via being protagonist" doesn't mean anything unless Kratos actually outskills these guys in combat

That sounds more like symbolism then anything else, Ares has watched a lot of wars but any that he participated in he usually murder stomped via being tier 2 instead of skill. (Titan War aside, we don't know how skilled they are) Living a long time does not always equal skill.
I'm neutral, wait for more input

Idk if you were insinuating it would work on kratos here or not, but kratos resists death manip just in case,
Definitely wasn't, I'm just surprised he has it.

Does Kratos go for that in character curiously?
Going by the page the Zeus stuff is in it refers to magical attacks specifically which might have more of an impact on stuff like his Resistances or his innate stuff like Instinctive Reactions.
It isn't I think the argument is more that the experience is greater in War's favor
Does Warrior even have canon feats of skill?
It's mostly just him fighting characters like himself
Oh shit is that a thing?
Can you text me the source for that?
I'm leaning slightly to Kratos myself

Before I post my reply to both of ya..
Can I know what energy system Darksiders run on??
Like Naruto has Chakra, Bleach has Riatsu, Dragon Ball has ki, One Piece has Haki...stuff like that.

GoW itself runs on magic.

So what does War use to get where he is?

Before I post my reply to both of ya..
Can I know what energy system Darksiders run on??
Like Naruto has Chakra, Bleach has Riatsu, Dragon Ball has ki, One Piece has Haki...stuff like that.

GoW itself runs on magic.

So what does War use to get where he is?
magic system. War doesn't use it however outside of enchantments.

I meant, what does he use to amp himself?

You are telling me that a Demon/Angel hybrid doesn't have some sort of energy inside him that is responsible for his superhuman characteristics?
Pretty sure thats his mystical connection to Ruin; he'd still likely be able to use the Horse and stuff.
His strength is just his birth I guess (since he's partly angelic and demonic)

I meant, what does he use to amp himself?

You are telling me that a Demon/Angel hybrid doesn't have some sort of energy inside him that is responsible for his superhuman characteristics?
"Wrath". Which we have no specifics on and can be attributed to the magic system, and even then War specifically doesn't use it much outside of just melee shit.

So War is a physical power.

Actually. I forgot Kratos had a speed upgrade. He blitzes to hell and back since speed isn't equal.

FUN.​

Back